HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey everyone, been a member for a long time, never really participated in the forum!

My name is Ruston, I run Overlanding USA, we just like to go camping and have fun!

Las Vegas based (OB#0778)

I have a 2015 4runner, it has been through the ringer and back with the builds and the 92k miles it has on it. I would love to get out and meet a bunch of you when we can!

Cheers!

Welcome to OB.... like the rig shot

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

Lux Brute

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando
@purdytj ....I also have an LX570 and am looking to modify. I was about to trade it for a Land Cruiser until I found out it could be lifted in spite of the AHC.
Did you lift your LX570?
What's the diameter of those tires?
Is that an ARB bumper for the Land Cruiser?
Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Joe Baker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

G'day

My name is Tyron, im from South Africa, I drive a 2008 Toyota Fortuner 4.0 V6 Auto 4x4

I have no overlanding experience YET, but having just got my first 4x4 I am looking at doing some shorter weekend getaways, and build into longer and longer stays out in the middle of nowhere

Picture hopefully attached
Welcome to OB. That’s how my wife and I started out. Now we point on a map and go. Having everything ready to where just load your vehicle makes things a lot easier. Have fun and explore.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

anthocar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Hey man, Here in Austin too. Welcome!
Hey everyone, Sal here out of Austin...just got into the idea venturing out further than my annual trip to Big Bend - first stop will be Carson National Park, NM in November for my first solo elk hunt!

Anyhow, looking forward to sharing with the community.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

UdonNomi

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Antonio, Texas
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and very happy to have found it today. I live in San Antonio and am currently working on getting my 1988 Pathfinder off road worthy, while I wouldn't hesitate to drive her anywhere on road, I'm not ready to trust it in the boondocks at 110 degrees yet. I also have a 1994 Ranger that's getting some dents fixed and I wish it was 4X4, it's been a good friend since new. Looking forward to meeting and taking part in the community.

Joe Baker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and very happy to have found it today. I live in San Antonio and am currently working on getting my 1988 Pathfinder off road worthy, while I wouldn't hesitate to drive her anywhere on road, I'm not ready to trust it in the boondocks at 110 degrees yet. I also have a 1994 Ranger that's getting some dents fixed and I wish it was 4X4, it's been a good friend since new. Looking forward to meeting and taking part in the community.
Welcome to OB from Yelm, WA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Kyle Tierney

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno
Member #

Hello! My name is Kyle Tierney. I'm from Reno, Nevada. I drive a 2005 Nissan Titan. It's got a mild lift, BFG KO2s, rear ARB locker (not yet installed but in the garage waiting), 3 battery setup (1 main 1100 cca 2 aux 220rc agms), ton 'o lights #lockersafterlightbars, and a receiver mounted winch that can go in the front or back. I am also a HAM radio operator (KI7FOY), I've got a dual band UHF VHF and a UHF digital mounted in the truck. I've been following OB on IG for a while but recently found out one of my local Nissan club members was an OB member so I decided to finally get my own fancy badges! Glad to be a part of the group, and I hope to see some of you guys out on the trails soon!

Oh, also I have a far amount of vehicle electrical experience so anyone ever needs help feel free to hit me up!!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello! My name is Kyle Tierney. I'm from Reno, Nevada. I drive a 2005 Nissan Titan. It's got a mild lift, BFG KO2s, rear ARB locker (not yet installed but in the garage waiting), 3 battery setup (1 main 1100 cca 2 aux 220rc agms), ton 'o lights #lockersafterlightbars, and a receiver mounted winch that can go in the front or back. I am also a HAM radio operator (KI7FOY), I've got a dual band UHF VHF and a UHF digital mounted in the truck. I've been following OB on IG for a while but recently found out one of my local Nissan club members was an OB member so I decided to finally get my own fancy badges! Glad to be a part of the group, and I hope to see some of you guys out on the trails soon!

Oh, also I have a far amount of vehicle electrical experience so anyone ever needs help feel free to hit me up!!
Welcome to the OB world.... we have a new group in the Reno so stay tuned for meeting or trips in Rally Point thread. You should be automatically added to the message when they are set up. It looks like we could use your expertise to teach some of us newbies a thing or two.

By the way, is your friends name Scott. :sunglasses:

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hey everybody! I should have posted here awhile back. From the DC area, Northern VA to be exact. I own a 2016 JKU with a host of upgrades/add-ons and a Morris Mule trailer with Tepuit RTT. I definitely have grown very, very fond of the overlanding lifestyle, and the community. I love Overland Bound's Youtube channel, and the website really seems to be a fantastic community as well. Looking forward to meeting some of you down at Overland East! Also hoping to connect with other members around the DC area.

SierraWheeler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Livermore, CA
Member #

Hi Everybody! First post on OB. My name is James and I am currently living in Livermore, CA. I'm relatively new to overlanding, but my wife and 3 dogs love it! I found the OB Youtube Channel about 2 years ago while I was searching for my current overland rig. Instantly connected to the OB brand and values, especially since a lot of the videos were of my local trails! Corral Hollow Loop is one of our favorites and I have Michael to thank for sharing it with us. My rig is a 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser and I have spent the last year building her up for some serious adventure. Looking forward to many years of safe, reliable, sustainable fun out on the trails!

NolynVoid

Rank 0

Traveler I

"Hi"
My name is Tim. I've been into being outdoos since I was 3. I remember, I swear I do. My family used to own a logging outfit up here in Northern California. My Mom and Dad both drove logs down at times. My Aunt even ran skidder. IT WAS AWESOME!! My Uncles would take me on rides in the Cat's, 1 of them would load so I would too. Sadlly, the company went south when my Grandpa was killed in a tragic accident.

Fast forward to today, my outdoor spirit has never died, yet I think it's on the brink of never being this strong!

Usually I only camp during G-1, 11 days straight. That's it all year. Now, I plan on way more. So, I traded in my 2012 Ram 2500/crew cab/4x4/6.7l diesel for a much more comfortable 2016 Trail Premium. Love the decision I made to do this. Sure I can't pull the 20' Ski Barge I used to use to Salmon fish, but I don't care. I don't use it anyway, sale it and get some overland gear I think.

So, short story long, GLAD TO BE HERE!!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey everybody! I should have posted here awhile back. From the DC area, Northern VA to be exact. I own a 2016 JKU with a host of upgrades/add-ons and a Morris Mule trailer with Tepuit RTT. I definitely have grown very, very fond of the overlanding lifestyle, and the community. I love Overland Bound's Youtube channel, and the website really seems to be a fantastic community as well. Looking forward to meeting some of you down at Overland East! Also hoping to connect with other members around the DC area.
Welcome sabjku! I too am a new member, in the DC/NOVA area, and am planning to attend Overland Expo East this year (for the first time).

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

"Hi"
My name is Tim. I've been into being outdoos since I was 3. I remember, I swear I do. My family used to own a logging outfit up here in Northern California. My Mom and Dad both drove logs down at times. My Aunt even ran skidder. IT WAS AWESOME!! My Uncles would take me on rides in the Cat's, 1 of them would load so I would too. Sadlly, the company went south when my Grandpa was killed in a tragic accident.

Fast forward to today, my outdoor spirit has never died, yet I think it's on the brink of never being this strong!

Usually I only camp during G-1, 11 days straight. That's it all year. Now, I plan on way more. So, I traded in my 2012 Ram 2500/crew cab/4x4/6.7l diesel for a much more comfortable 2016 Trail Premium. Love the decision I made to do this. Sure I can't pull the 20' Ski Barge I used to use to Salmon fish, but I don't care. I don't use it anyway, sale it and get some overland gear I think.

So, short story long, GLAD TO BE HERE!!
Welcome NolynVoid! To the community and to T4Rs. :) Best vehicle I've ever owned.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Welcome sabjku! I too am a new member, in the DC/NOVA area, and am planning to attend Overland Expo East this year (for the first time).
Novabound, great to see another local on here! I’ll send you a direct message as well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Zmbhntr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golabek
Member #

Current Vehicle: 1980 Mercedes-Benz 230G project truck
Overland Experience: Novice to terra firma
Why Overlanding?: I'm a sailor, so much of the elements of overlanding are already engrained in me. It’s something to do when the Great Lakes are frozen over.

Attachments

Joe Baker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hi All,
Just getting into the overland experince and really enjoying it. I live in Calgary, Alberta, so I have alot of country to explore and when i'm done with Canada I can move onto America!
Really interested in finding out locations and tips on builds for Xterra's(1st gen) and Tacoma's. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Welcome OB from Yelm,WA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app