• HTML tutorial

mario.gonzalez

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cancun, Mexico
Member #

Hi,
I am Mario, me and my gf will be traveling from Cancun, Mexico to Alaska, at least that is the idea!
We don't know wen we are leaving maybe in couple of months, our rig is ready now, we are carrying full camping equipment, recovery and survival gear for our adventure in a 4X4 Toyota Tacoma 2017.
I have some minor overloading experience, I love off road (ATVs) and my gf loves dogs and traveling.

Attachments

Disco Patrol

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oneida, NY
First Name
David
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Hello everyone, like all of you here, I enjoy the outdoors and what it has to offer. I believe in appreciating the beautiful landscapes around the world and living life the best way possible. After camping and backpacking for many years, my priorities changed as I got older. My family, profession, and general life expectations took over. In 2014, my father passed away leaving me to reevaluate my life and its satisfaction. I realized I was missing something and I dug deep to figure out what it was. It was then when I realized I needed to get back to my roots and get outside again. Since then, I have laced up my boots and hit the trails. Although I am new to the overlanding world I am eager to learn more about it.

Currently, I am driving a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have previously owned an XJ and TJ but I am on the lookout for either a 4Runner or FJ to dedicate to the overlanding adventure. I hope to learn from you all and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

David (Disco)

Ecoboosted

Rank 0

Traveler I

Kansas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Parris
  • My name is Chris and I am really excited to be a part of this community! I have been interested in the overland lifestyle for a long time, years in fact... I Just never had the means of building a rig. After years of hard work and saving, I finally got a hold of my dream truck, an absolutely mint 01 4Runner! Shortly after that we found out that "number 3" was on the way. So, I decided that we unfortunately needed a larger and safer vehicle. Hence the name! Picked up a '16 F-150 with the 2.7 Ecoboost. Since then, we've put in some work and grabbed a set of Method wheels wrapped in BFG KO2's (275/70r18), Teraflex falcon front leveling struts and rear shocks, and Icon Delta Joint uca's. To "top" it off, we threw on an RCI Offroad Fabrications bed rack and a Tepui Autana xl ruggedized. This is only the beginning of what this truck will be, but man... The thing already feels really capable! As I said earlier, I am stoked to be in this community and look forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully exploring with some!

Attachments

Last edited:

Joe Baker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Just got my overland member emblem!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Congratulations. I remembered when I got mine. The next step was where to place it on my Jeep. I choose the passenger side along side the antenna. Just like the American Flag stars leading the charge I placed the emblem with the vehicle driving forward. Always exploring and moving forward. Again Congratulations.

Reactions: Kraken

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi All! Just making the introduction here!

I’ve got a 2015 JK Unlimited and I’m new to the Overlanding world. I’m anxious to meet some like-minded people and get out there. Done plenty of trail exploration in Northern Nevada, where we call home.

I’m an entrepreneur and I’ve got twin boys and a wife who love to take the Jeep out with me!

See you on the trails!

-Adam
Welcome to OB. Glad to see another Reno-ite. Stay tuned for a Rally point for a fun run around Frenchman's Lake. A couple of the Reno Overlanding group with pre-run the trail this week to ensure all types of vehicles can participate. We believe this will be a great family run with possible crystal rock mining, great views and a lake to finish at. When we do the Rally point you will be included in the grouping. In the mean time please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Stumblebunny

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno, NV
Member #

Finally broke down & decided to join OB....been lurking in the background as partner/wife of OB guy HappyOurOverlanding.

Retired, moved to Reno & Bought a 2016 4Runner SR5 to get me to the slopes in winter & to do a bit of 4 wheeling and camping. Had no idea how hard the bug would bite us as we never even considered either while living in N. VA.

2 years into the 4 wheeling/Overlanding/camping experience & still consider myself a novice. Loving life!

My partner in crime has basically usurped my vehicle & started building it out for his trail driving pleasure - occasionally he lets me drive it on the trails . Check out his thread for build info and anything to do with the new Reno Overland group too.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Finally broke down & decided to join OB....been lurking in the background as partner/wife of OB guy HappyOurOverlanding.

Retired, moved to Reno & Bought a 2016 4Runner SR5 to get me to the slopes in winter & to do a bit of 4 wheeling and camping. Had no idea how hard the bug would bite us as we never even considered either while living in N. VA.

2 years into the 4 wheeling/Overlanding/camping experience & still consider myself a novice. Loving life!

My partner in crime has basically usurped my vehicle & started building it out for his trail driving pleasure - occasionally he lets me drive it on the trails . Check out his thread for build info and anything to do with the new Reno Overland group too.
Welcome to OB honeybunny..... You have to admit that your vehicle is a great one to usurp :smiley::hearteyes::kissingheart:

FJN-YYC

Rank 0

Traveler I

Calgary, AB
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Whiffen
Hi All.
Alike many, I have scoured the internets (mainly youtube) and as a result has led me to this beautiful community.

Current Vehicle: 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser TT
Previous Vehicle: 2004 Subaru Forester XT
Overland Experience: Novice
We absolutely love to take the dog, pack up the rig and just get away temporarily and overlanding seems to be the perfect fit for our small little family. To date we have not done anything too too extreme but every excursion is enjoyable none-the-less.
Anyways looking forward to being here, sharing and learning more.

Cheers

ExpeditionDriven

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Howdy all! Super pumped to be a part of this growing community.

Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra SR5
Experience: Little but Learning

I have always loved the outdoors and camping. Overlanding seems to be a place to bring a lot of my interests into one hobby and that fires me up! I've only camped at camp grounds currently but am always searching for property I could legally overland and camp on. I love how inviting the community is here and I look forward to growing along side some new friends.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

What's up guys!

Name: Nikko
Prior location: Ashville, NC
Vehical: 2017 Wrangler JKU 6 speed
Experience: Vehical recovery, navigation, radio coms, team leadership, medical, firearms, dslr video, graphic artist
Why overland?: I am passionate about the outdoors. Life is packed with loads of exciting new adventure and exploration. Im always looking for a group of honest like minded overlanders who are seeking a self sustainable, natural, adventurous lifestyle out on the dirt road.

"Life has so much to offer, let's go tackle it as a team."
Welcome Nikko. What brings you to Central FL? I grew up in Orlando, but am now up in Northern VA.

Reactions: ibemarcus