Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Welcome everyone,
Just wanted to say hello and welcome to this great group of people! I know you will find as I did, that people here are very friendly and willing to share what knowledge they can to others, no matter what your outdoor experience or what you drive. Hope to meet you out on some trail some day! Become an official member of Overland Bound. Benz.
Welcome

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

WildWelder

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killingworth CT
Member #

3ACF33C5-10F7-41AE-8B6C-00DA03BDE1DF.jpeg Hello Im Ben from Killingworth Ct. I have an ‘09 klr650 I bought a cpl years ago. I’ve been riding my whole life but as I’m older now I’d like to do some adventuring with this bike. I’m not looking to break any records or anything , just nice calm relaxing riding. This September I’d like to so the trans-mass/puppydog trail. Im a pretty good mechanic, as I’ve done alot of mods to my klr, amd now I need to test them out! Eventually I’d loke to ride across this beautiful country(the Grand Canyon is on my bucket list). So enough small talk. Nice to be here and I’m looking forward to talking to you all.

Last edited:

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

View attachment 61044 Hello Im Ben from Killingworth Ct. I have an ‘09 klr650 I bought a cpl years ago. I’ve been riding my whole life but as I’m older now I’d like to do some adventuring with this bike. I’m not looking to break any records or anything , just nice calm relaxing riding. This September I’d like to so the trans-mass/puppydog trail. Im a pretty good mechanic, as I’ve done alot of mods to my klr, amd now I need to test them out! Eventually I’d loke to ride across this beautiful country(the Grand Canyon is on my bucket list). So enough small talk. Nice to be here and I’m looking forward to talking to you all.
My brother has the same year KL R650. Welcome to this awesome group of people, Benz.

Reactions: WildWelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone..
interests - love the outdoors and photography
rig- 2016 Subaru Crosstrek.
experience - novice /intermediate overlander...
location - West LA
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested there is a meet-up in West LA, check the meet-up page or the calendar to find the location and date and time.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All! Just making the introduction here!

I’ve got a 2015 JK Unlimited and I’m new to the Overlanding world. I’m anxious to meet some like-minded people and get out there. Done plenty of trail exploration in Northern Nevada, where we call home.

I’m an entrepreneur and I’ve got twin boys and a wife who love to take the Jeep out with me!

See you on the trails!

-Adam
Welcome to Overland Bound! The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

I'm Jonathan. I've been a car guy all my life, but mostly fast road cars. Past couple years my need for the peace in nature and more adventurous life has been calling. Thus I've been driven to start overlanding.

- Rig 1: 1996 Isuzu Trooper (motor and trains under construction)
- Rig 2: 2008 Volkswagen Touareg
- Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge, friendships and points on the maps by joining Overland Bound.
View attachment 60804View attachment 60805
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: Jonathan Moreno

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all. My name is Questor. Ques' for short. I currently run an '81 Toyota Pickup 4x4 daily driver, but I am on the hunt for a first-gen GX470 to build a general use rig out of. I have questions about the basic necessities of an overland rig, and where to start with my build. Can you fine folks please point me in the right direction. I am sure that this topic has been beaten to death in these forums and I don't want to clog up the boards with noob questions. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

Reactions: ibemarcus

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hey all. dadsafrantic here. i live in the north/east bay area of san francisco. i'm going to back to living deliberately.
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

I'm new to the overlanding world but not new to camping and outdoor experiences. As a land manager for nature preserves I have a healthy respect for mother nature and the need to tread lightly when we enter her more wild places.

I recently traded in my 2016 Canyon crew cab long bed for a short bed and couldn't be happier with the greater manuverability. I'm slowly building her up with only mods that are neccessary for my adventures. Less is sometimes better or at least more reliable.

Welcome to Overland Bound! There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.
Happy 4th of July weekend!
Member: 13810
Instagram @hikeitdirty
Current Vehicle: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road - Quicksand
Previous Vehicle: (Now wife's) 2015 Land Rover LR4
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding? My wife and I are becoming empty nesters next month. We have thru-hiked the John Muir Trail and plan to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail in 2020. We are selling everything and want a rig to continue exploring our love for the outdoors when we get off the trail. We have some time to setup the rig and get some experience.

Our Taco is being equipped this month through Saints Offroad in Glendora, CA (they are awesome btw). We are installing CBI Rock Sliders with kickout, Cali Raised Ditch lights, Leitner Designs Active Cargo System with storage pods, MaxTrax and mounts, RotoPax and mounts, Hi-Lift Jack and mount, a FSR High Country RTT, King Suspension, and Deaver Leaf Springs. I have 5 Stealth Customs Ray 10s in Matte Bronze on order to be paired with 5 BF Goodrich KM3 (285\70\17). We are scouting a Prinsu Rack, ARB Twin Compressor, and a stove and fridge. I am also looking for a front bumper and winch (likely CBI). I will wait until I hit my rear bumper one too many times to upgrade it :).

Rob
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Semonster

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Segraves
Member #

Hi Everyone!

New member #13513! I’m Semonster or Zach if you prefer. I’ve watched a ton of the videos but just finally decided to join.

Our current rig is a stock 1997 4Runner with a stick shift and a ton of miles! (234k or so)

Definitely a novice but my wife and I definitely have the bug. We spent a good part of 4th holiday hiking and enjoying the high Uintas Wilderness.

Happy to be here and look forward to meeting and learning from this awesome group.

E62CC110-CEED-4E9A-B2AD-7B04BD892A22.jpeg 7F20DCB4-B9C6-4FC9-9B89-A491E92F58AF.jpeg

Chapa

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Marcos, Tx /Odessa, Tx
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Chapa
Member #

Hi Everyone!

New member #13513! I’m Semonster or Zach if you prefer. I’ve watched a ton of the videos but just finally decided to join.

Our current rig is a stock 1997 4Runner with a stick shift and a ton of miles! (234k or so)

Definitely a novice but my wife and I definitely have the bug. We spent a good part of 4th holiday hiking and enjoying the high Uintas Wilderness.

Happy to be here and look forward to meeting and learning from this awesome group.

View attachment 61079 View attachment 61080
Ah! Another 3rd gen! Welcome to the crew!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

What's up guys!

Name: Nikko
Prior location: Ashville, NC
Vehical: 2017 Wrangler JKU 6 speed
Experience: Vehical recovery, navigation, radio coms, team leadership, medical, firearms, dslr video, graphic artist
Why overland?: I am passionate about the outdoors. Life is packed with loads of exciting new adventure and exploration. Im always looking for a group of honest like minded overlanders who are seeking a self sustainable, natural, adventurous lifestyle out on the dirt road.

"Life has so much to offer, let's go tackle it as a team."

Attachments

John Williams

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all,
John from Ontario, Canada.
Over landing for quite some time, always working on a new rig/adventure mobile.
Also run a small business featuring adventure equipment (rv, seadoo, boats, roof top tents, off-road trailers, and more)
Vehicle: 2017 Sierra 1500 Level Lift 31” BFG K02 w/ RTT
2008 Jeep JKU 2.5 Lift 35” BFG K02
1986 Canadian Iltis/M1011 Military trailer
Over and Capability: Moderate
Why overland: I like to go places seldom seen, and harder to get to.

Attachments

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello all,
John from Ontario, Canada.
Over landing for quite some time, always working on a new rig/adventure mobile.
Also run a small business featuring adventure equipment (rv, seadoo, boats, roof top tents, off-road trailers, and more)
Vehicle: 2017 Sierra 1500 Level Lift 31” BFG K02 w/ RTT
2008 Jeep JKU 2.5 Lift 35” BFG K02
1986 Canadian Iltis/M1011 Military trailer
Over and Capability: Moderate
Why overland: I like to go places seldom seen, and harder to get to.
Nice setup! How do you like that RTT?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: TrailMax24 and T-88

CHEESY-POOF-MAN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clark County, Washington, United States
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Quenton
Member #

Hello everyone! I am Miles. I drive a 94 land cruiser. Beginning the process to rebuild it and make some overlanding improvements along the way. Haven't done any overlanding but have been interested in getting back to the outdoors and reading through this community has made the decision to join and welcome this lifestyle much easier. I live in Portland, Oregon, cook for a living and getting out into the wilderness is a great way for me to decompress and relax. Looking forward to being a part of the OB community. 20180709_120408.jpg

Contributor III

Hi Everyone! My name is Nick and I am from Lake Forest, CA. I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab and am new to Overlanding. I have been offroading and camping for a large portion of my life and have been to a lot of cool places doing so. I am excited to meet everyone and please feel free to ask me any questions , my expertise is pre-hospital emergency care (day job is an EMT and also make first aid kits )