Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Rebel Lands

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Tahoe
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello all!
I’m a proud new owner (well got it in Feb) of a 2017 Ram Rebel that will serve as my daily driver and overlanding rig. Jack of all trades, master of none, I’m aware and that was the purpose of the purchase. I have a lot of upgrades coming soon, but currently it sits as I got it from the dealer. My first trip out and about will be overlooking Tahoe near where I’m living and shortly after to Shasta Lake and Crater Lake to camp around the 4th of July. I plan to document the upgrades and travels of the Rebel as I go and will be happy to share all. I’m a novice and a quick learner. Hope to hit up some of the Rally Points as well. Hope to see you guys out there!

Chad

Edgar Laurie

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bridgeville pa
First Name
Edgar
Last Name
Laurie
Member #

Hello my name is Edgar
I am from western pa pittsburgh to be exact
I have a 2007 fj cruiser
I don’t have much overland experience but I have gone off road and I have gone camping not at the same time but I still did them both haha

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB,

New member. May not be a "true" overlander, but getting there. Have a Grandby Basic Shell with a few FWC options. Just recently added 200 w of solar, Fridge and a homebuilt cabinet with a sink and 12v pump. Have some great Cooper Discovery STT pro tires but my little rig is only 2wd.

Cheers,
Welcome to Overland Bound from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders.

MountainClimber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

3ACD4FC8-457C-4939-B062-74C1EECB9BA0.jpeg Hello everyone! My name is Erik Johnson. I joined at Expo West this year after running across the podcasts about a month ago. My wife and I travel in our 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail and are avid outdoorsmen. We enjoy camping, hiking, and have just started canyoning as well. I’m currently living in Virginia Beach but am relocating to San Diego in a few weeks. I’ll be going straight on deployment but am looking forward to meeting everyone out there next spring/summer.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 57610 Hello everyone! My name is Erik Johnson. I joined at Expo West this year after running across the podcasts about a month ago. My wife and I travel in our 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail and are avid outdoorsmen. We enjoy camping, hiking, and have just started canyoning as well. I’m currently living in Virginia Beach but am relocating to San Diego in a few weeks. I’ll be going straight on deployment but am looking forward to meeting everyone out there next spring/summer.
Nice rig. And thank you for your service.

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Bradb55

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

Welcome!!
I am a newbie as well... Nice to see another Yukon with a similar story!!
Thought I would weigh in on the sleep platform. I decided to build out storage on the roof so we could just sleep in back of truck, freaking queen sized bed back there, when I cleaned all my gear out. Long story short I went to my local upholstery store and got 2" think high density foam. Almost as comfortable as our bed and rolls up in a sack for storage. Total cost $120.

Good luck!
Nice, I removed all but frot seats and raised the rear floor 9 inches all the way forward ending at 17.5 inches high since the floor drops out and the made access spots to store gear inside the platform, allowing us to sleep on the platform and give my dogs a place to ;lounge during the trips. allowing approx 30inches of head space so I can still sit up a bit LOL

Reactions: Bradb55

KevinsOffroad.com

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, AZ
Member #

Thank you guys for having me! Love the site!!

I bought my first 4x4 in 1993 to go camping: a 1987 Jeep Cherokee, which I added a budget boost to. Once I ran my first "real" trail...Lake Pleasant to Crown King (Arizona), I was hooked.

Bought a V8-powered 1993 Grand Cherokee in 1997 and modified the hell out of it over the years, including long arms, custom skid plates, custom bumpers, tow points, winch, front and rear OX lockers, and a custom roof rack. Several of those items (skid plates, roof rack, tow points) went on to be the first items sold on our website.

To say travel and exploration is in my blood, would be an understatement. It's something I feel my soul NEEDS. Converted the business to online-only run by laptops and remote staff in 2008, and have been working my way up to longer and longer trips. Did a nearly 10,000 mile Alaska trip in 2011 and a 14,000 mile North American tour from Phoenix to Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Cape Breton, then south through Maine all the way down the Appalachians and Blue Ridge Parkway to Atlanta, New Orleans, Big Bend NP in Texas, and then home to Phoenix again. Have also done multiple runs down the Baja Peninsula and mainland Mexico...some of my favorite places, actually!

Still working on building the "perfect" Overlanding rig...and I'm not quite there yet...but this Cummins Ram is a solid platform to work with...I just need to get the bed built out with an enclosed sleeping/living area. Tried the pop-up camper thing already, and wasn't happy with the height, nor the fuel economy.

I'll bet THAT was *WAY* more than you wanted to read, LOL. :-)

Travel Amazingly,
Kevin

mhbacklands

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone my name is Matt.

Rig: 2018, Toyota, Tacoma TRD Offroad

Overlanding Experience Background: I am new to overlanding ever since I was a kid I loved ATVs and going off road. I figure instead of buying an ATV I will combine my offroading love with my love of camping and found this awesome community called overlanding.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone my name is Matt.

Rig: 2018, Toyota, Tacoma TRD Offroad

Overlanding Experience Background: I am new to overlanding ever since I was a kid I loved ATVs and going off road. I figure instead of buying an ATV I will combine my offroading love with my love of camping and found this awesome community called overlanding.
Welcome... You're in a great state for it and next to a few others with great trails.

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

bradnolan

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.

Attachments

MMCT_4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Simi Valley, California, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Manning
Member #

Hey Y’all, I’m new to the site and to the over-landing scene. I’m located in the Santa Clarita(Lake Castaic) Area. I currently have a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4.

I want to do a slow build up on it, since I’m new with 4wheeling and it’s also my Daily Driver and 5th Wheel Camper Tow Rig.

I would like start to connect with some of the local members and get an idea for what I should build up towards. Let me know if there are any group meet-ups and chats going out locally.

Catch ya later on the Site.
-Matt M. #12469

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey Y’all, I’m new to the site and to the over-landing scene. I’m located in the Santa Clarita(Lake Castaic) Area. I currently have a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4.

I want to do a slow build up on it, since I’m new with 4wheeling and it’s also my Daily Driver and 5th Wheel Camper Tow Rig.

I would like start to connect with some of the local members and get an idea for what I should build up towards. Let me know if there are any group meet-ups and chats going out locally.

Catch ya later on the Site.
-Matt M. #12469
Hello Matt and welcome to the OB crew...sounds like a nice rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures .

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
View attachment 57691 Hello there,

Just moved to Las Vegas fron Phoenix. Can’t wait to start exploring the area.

Vehicle: ‘07 FJ Cruiser
Experience: beginner
Nice FJ. Welcome!

Liana Lehua | OB#8969
Southern California

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Anderson Design Fabrication’s 2” Lift
Yakima Load Warrior with Extension
Yakima Slim Shady Awning

Reactions: Chadlyb

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Rig: Land Rover LR4
Just like to explore new places and meet new people
Welcome! There are so many opportunities to connect and meet up. Happy wheelin’!

Liana Lehua | OB#8969
Southern California

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Anderson Design Fabrication’s 2” Lift
Yakima Load Warrior with Extension
Yakima Slim Shady Awning

Reactions: Bradb55 and Chadlyb