Joshua Dyer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Worth TX
Member #

Rig: 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Experience: Novice
Outside of camping trips and light country roads, I'm pretty inexperienced with overlanding. I've been slowly adding to the jeep for camping and road trips and knew this was the kind of place to be to get advice and help others too. I first saw you guys on Instagram and thought "these are some good people to get to know!" Hope I can bring something to our community.

NickS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, WA
Member #

Hello all, my name is Nick.

I am a Lakewood WA resident and outdoor enthusiast.

I bought my ‘96 FZJ80 back in 2015 and have greatly enjoyed pushing out further into the woods with it. I also enjoy the fact I can bring the whole family along too with the extra seating.

Though very busy with family duties to attend to (blessed with an infant born last month) I’d like to get out with some of the OB members in the area if scheduling permits.

Hope to see y’all, “out there,” one of these days soon.

Edit: experience level: Novice

Attachments

RParker762

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New member here. Just purchased my emblem today. Look forward to learning and contributing here.

Glendale, AZ
1999 Jeep Cherokee, 4.5" RE lift, Bilstein 5100s, 33" ATs, roof rack in progress
I would't call myself a novice but just started getting serious.

Pic of my XJ when I first got it. No relatively new photos yet but will get on that.

Youkon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winchester, Va
Member #

4F56AB32-4ABA-4A4D-BF39-CB9A4F45CDB0.jpeg F9FA6C0A-24E3-48D3-ADD7-DE178AF7E19E.jpeg Looking forward to being a part of this group!! Attached you will see a picture of my rig and of my home made off road tear drop. I live and work in Winchester Va area and over the years have had multiple rigs. Most recently I own a 2001 jeep cherokee xj. I have about 20 years experience in building rigs and enjoying the great outdoors.

Last edited:

fd0816

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Everyone,
My name is Zach, I live in Maryland with my wife and newborn son. I've been toying with the idea of getting into overlanding as something to do with my family and thought this would be the best place to learn a little before I dive in head first. Currently drive a stock 2010 F150. Not sure whether to keep that and modify or buy new and start fresh. Thanks for all the info, looking forward to learning from you all.

HyenaGrrl

Rank 0

Traveler I

1) Not quite a rig yet, but here's a picture anyway!
2) Omaha, NE
3) 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport -- still has the in-transits, but I have a long term cargo plan and a hard top in the garage!
4) Absolute novice, but I love camping. Last year I stuffed a tent in the back of my sub-compact and drove from Nebraska to Florida and back. I also used to do consulting in rural and frontier areas of Nebraska, so I figure, if I can do all of that in a vehicle not AT ALL equipped for it, imagine what I can do with some training, equipment, and a solid plan. :)
Overlanding might just be right up my alley. <3

Looking forward to learning more!Jeep001.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

1) Not quite a rig yet, but here's a picture anyway!
2) Omaha, NE
3) 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport -- still has the in-transits, but I have a long term cargo plan and a hard top in the garage!
4) Absolute novice, but I love camping. Last year I stuffed a tent in the back of my sub-compact and drove from Nebraska to Florida and back. I also used to do consulting in rural and frontier areas of Nebraska, so I figure, if I can do all of that in a vehicle not AT ALL equipped for it, imagine what I can do with some training, equipment, and a solid plan. :)
Overlanding might just be right up my alley. <3

Looking forward to learning more!View attachment 57500
Hello to all the new members and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rigs and look forward to all your builds and adventures . Remember it's not the rig but getting out into adventures. Lots of info here and great people for resources. Just reach out if you have questions or need anything . Great to have all of you here...

Reactions: Bradb55 and fatrat

Rockclutch

Rank I

Contributor III

San Jose
Hi folks!
Thanks for letting me join the group.
I'm a novice with the urge to learn and explore. I'm in the San Francisco bay area.

My ride is an '04 Expy EB
I've upgraded to Rancho 9Ks and 34" Falken tires.
PSX_20180529_120448.jpg
Looking forward to adventures and getting involved in the overlander community.

Cheers
Roc

Last edited:

Rhoadgunner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas
Member #

Hello all,
I have been driving no maintenance roads around Kansas since I was old enough to drive. Wouldn't say I ever thought of it as Overlanding back then. Currently deployed overseas and ready to start new adventures once I return.
Vehicle: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Have wheeled Moab a few times. But a novice overlander for sure. Use the extra room on the unlimited as a sleeper during tank gunnery and have rigged up a platform to sleep on and keep my gear under when I have to. I mountain bike and do some gravel racing when time permits. Also bow hunt, so overlanding would fit into my life I believe.

Attachments

JKScofield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

17812 Regentview Ave. Bellflower, Ca 90706
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Scofield
Member #

Hey all. Chris and family from SoCal (South LA County/Cerritos area)

Wanted to take a second to introduce myself and say that I can't wait to meet up with a couple of you off the pavement.

I have been an avid outdoorsman for as long as I can remember, and when I can't... Mom has pictures for that... I have spent a few outtings in the back of an '89 Toy, but it has been mostly tents and such all over California/Nevada/Utah. Now I have an air matress in the Jeep (Thank you DeepSleep4Jeep), and looking for a RTT.

Looking forward to the Mojave Road spring of '19 and then The Rubicon during summer of '20.

We overland in an '08 Jeep JKU Sahara. Lifted on 35's. TeraFlex bumpers with a Warn Winch. LED light Bars and RGB Bluetooth rock lights. When the hard top is on, I have a Yakima rack which will hopefully be holding the RTT soon. Just upgraded the CB that was in it with a Uniden BearCat 880 installed under a Pioneer media receiver in the factory radio location in the dash; That was an interesting challenge. Upcoming Mods are RGB interior lights on a bluetooth controller (just because I have the left over parts from another project). Heck, It's a Jeep... Plenty of aftermarket stuff... What else do I really need, can I make it and how much $$ is in the account???

Looks like I attached a pic... It is taken during my recent fender change out;)

Hope to see you on the trails!!

Scofield Family

Attachments

Jeepfreak82

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dallas NC
Member #

My friends call me Jay and I am out of North Carolina. Have not done much by way of overlanding but do like wandering off the pavement to enjoy the places that most people will never get the chance to see. I am looking forward to venturing even farther as time goes, and like that there is a group of people that enjoy the ride as well. I am currently a member in an active Jeep club that does several meets and does several activities for the community.

My rig is a ‘99 Cherokee that has been lifted and is running 32” tires.

Attachments

RedClayRunner

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Central North Carolina
Member #

Hello OB Community!

Looking forward to being a part of and contributing to this great group of people. Have always enjoyed the outdoors, grew up camping, and now getting my feet wet in Overlanding. Spend most of my time outside on many of North Carolina's beautiful beaches, and in the Blue Ridge mountains.

Rig(s): 2016 4Runner Trail Edition NBP w/ Front Fox 2.0 coilovers, 30inch Black Oak LED bar with Rago fab mounts, 17 inch Method Grids in 265 70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Front Runner Roof rack, ARB awning, TJM air compressor, and a Blue Ridge Overland Gear hitch hammock holder thingy for those nice days at the beach. :)
(soon to be traded in for a 2018 Tacoma) 2015 4Runner SR5 MGM w/ Front Bilstein 5100 shocks at 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100 with Rear Daystar FJ spacer, 17 inch Method NV in 265 70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W.

Happy Trails!
Matt