• HTML tutorial

American Overlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waconia, MN
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the over landing scene, but looking forward to trips with the family and learning from this community. I have a 2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited with the 5.7L and locking center diff. So far, it seems to be a good rig for off road with plenty of room for the family. We hail from the frozen tundra up North...MN. Looking forward to getting out hopefully running into other overlanders from the community. Here is my current rig. I have the Gobi stealth rack coming in a few weeks. I just joined the group and can't wait for the emblem to come. I have a great spot in the back for it.

Jeff

Last edited:

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the over landing scene, but looking forward to trips with the family and learning from this community. I have a 2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited with the 5.7L and locking center diff. So far, it seems to be a good rig for off road with plenty of room for the family. We hail from the frozen tundra up North...MN. Looking forward to getting out hopefully running into other overlanders from the community. Here is my current rig. I have the Gobi stealth rack coming in a few weeks. I just joined the group and can't wait for the emblem to come. I have a great spot in the back for it.

Jeff
Welcome. There are a few people on here from Minnesota. Your in good company.

Reactions: NorthStar96

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Welcome to the group @OverlandMN! There's a few of us from Minnesota here too. I live in St. Paul. We can't wait to see some of your pics and hear some of your Tales! Maybe we'll get together for some delish.hotdish and barley pop soon!

Hi Everyone,

Jeff

Reactions: SLO Rob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
image.jpeg Greetings all. Since I've been watching the forum for a while and a member since 7/15, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Bob and I'm from Culver City California (SoCal). I have a moderately built Jeep JKUR and I spend most of my offroad time in Death Valley and the Mojave desert. I recently went on the OB non-event event to the Alabama Hills and I got to meet some great OB members. I definitely plan on staying active with this great community.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
View attachment 2928 Greetings all. Since I've been watching the forum for a while and a member since 7/15, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Bob and I'm from Culver City California (SoCal). I have a moderately built Jeep JKUR and I spend most of my offroad time in Death Valley and the Mojave desert. I recently went on the OB non-event event to the Alabama Hills and I got to meet some great OB members. I definitely plan on staying active with this great community.
Welcome officially Bob. Let me say that when Bob says "moderately built", it really means entirely capable. I don't often have jeep-envy, but when I do, its a white JKU. [emoji6]
I need more death valley time too.
Dan

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.

Reactions: SLO Rob and Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Welcome officially Bob. Let me say that when Bob says "moderately built", it really means entirely capable. I don't often have jeep-envy, but when I do, its a white JKU. [emoji6]
I need more death valley time too.
Dan

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.
I'm kinda feeling warm and fuzzy. Considering how yours is built, I take this as a huge compliment.

Reactions: Byron Eby

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

1) Sacramento, CA. Originally from San Ramon (Bay Area)
2) 2008 Tacoma TRD Offroad. Prerunner w/ Factory Locker. Does everything I need it to. Lifted. Various mods over the years.
3) Done everything from fire roads, sand dunes and rock crawling. Finally found a passion in overlanding. Get to travel while still getting the technical fix from trails. Enjoy getting out with my wife and seeing where the road takes us, and then some. Love trips to the Sierras and camping with family and friends. (Gold Lake & Bowman Lake are favorites).

Long time lurker here as a guest. Finally joined a bit ago. Currently deployed overseas for the year so I get on when I can to relax and clear the mind. Already making plans for when I get home. Long term member on Tacomaworld.com. Already ordered the two badge kit even though I won't be home to put it on the rig! Excited to see what I can learn and provide here.

Cheers,

Ted
Welcome to OB. Glad to see a local around here.

Reactions: Seanrcaldwell

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
I don't know why they stopped making the 4Runner's with the V8. I believe 2008 was the last year you're able to get them in.
I feel the same way about the 5 speed.. My 2000 is the last year of the manual.

Reactions: Crispy