Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hello from Matt and Indy in Eastern Washington.

I'm an experienced traveler. Started out backpacking overseas, then started riding dual sport and adventure motorcycles throughout the western US and Canada. I decided to get into 4x4 overlanding last year so I could bring my canine adventure partner along with me. I'm slowly converting a 2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew into a capable rig. Its a bit challenging as nobody seems to like this generation of F150 when it comes to good offroad parts but I've been making do.

Inspired to join up after watching Michael and Corrie on YouTube.

Currently building a custom bed rack to carry more gear and am having a custom front bumper made so I can finally fit a winch (I do a lot of solo travel). Other plans in the near future include rock sliders and suspension upgrades.

I'm very excited to join the growing Overland community in the US! Indy and I will be at Overland Expo this year while on a 3 week plus trip through the Western USA. Hope you meet some of you there or on the way!

Welcome to the OB. I'm in Kirkland Wa.

Justintime11b

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey guys! My name is Justin and I am new to the overlanding community. I have done Colorado mountain pass drives as a kid and plenty of 4x4 fun at parks and trails around big bend. I also like to take my jeep down the beach in south padre and camp out. I joined because my dad and I are looking to do a more extensive trip possibly around New Mexico and Colorado.

I have two toys: 1997 Land Rover discovery.
And a 2009 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. My goal is to have the discovery reliable enough for some longer distance trips. For now it's mostly a short range camper and off-road toy...

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello all! I am Mike from San Francisco.

Rig is a 2015 4Runner Trail

Experienced camper, moderate off-roading and loving the Overland movement!

Just joined after seeing what this forum and group were all about, looking forward to some meets and finding some great spots from the wealth of knowledge in here. Badges are ordered and will be on the rig soon.
View attachment 49537

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Welcome to OB. Nice color in the shot. Where were you?

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello from Matt and Indy in Eastern Washington.

I'm an experienced traveler. Started out backpacking overseas, then started riding dual sport and adventure motorcycles throughout the western US and Canada. I decided to get into 4x4 overlanding last year so I could bring my canine adventure partner along with me. I'm slowly converting a 2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew into a capable rig. Its a bit challenging as nobody seems to like this generation of F150 when it comes to good offroad parts but I've been making do.

Inspired to join up after watching Michael and Corrie on YouTube.

Currently building a custom bed rack to carry more gear and am having a custom front bumper made so I can finally fit a winch (I do a lot of solo travel). Other plans in the near future include rock sliders and suspension upgrades.

I'm very excited to join the growing Overland community in the US! Indy and I will be at Overland Expo this year while on a 3 week plus trip through the Western USA. Hope you meet some of you there or on the way!

Welcome. Look forward to seeing how you modify your rig.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello all. I’m always impressed by how the internet can bring individuals together that share a common interest. I’m looking forward to learning from all of your experiences.

1) Orlando,FL
2) 2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited with lots of upgrades
3) I’d say novice experience, although I’ve done many multi-day and week long outing and have been off roading on and off for the past 15 years. I’m just starting to pull the two together.
View attachment 49546 View attachment 49548 View attachment 49549 View attachment 49550 View attachment 49551
Welcome to the OB fun. Like the RTT. Did you do the Mods or did it come that way?

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

Hello, I‘m Jon from Denton, Tx. Joined a few weeks ago.. Recieved my Badges.. Been finishing out my Overland Camper to pull behind my Jeep.
I‘ve got a 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon w/ 4.88 Gears w/ 37“ tires. My Overland rig is a 3/4 ton M1102 Built it to be no taller than my Jeep while pulling. Has 35“ tires. Solar, Shore power, a/c, 23 gallons of water. Hot & cold tankless water heater. 2 awnings.
I‘ve recently went back to camping. Was doing the boating thing. But now have a 7 year old and I want to show him more of the outdoors. Looking forward to making some great memories. Just looking for outlets and good locations where like minded people are hitting the roads..
Jon
Welcome to the site. I am a former UNT grad. Lived in Lewisville for years. now living in georgia.

Reactions: Jon Foerster

David Harris

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AUL
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Greetings fellow overlanders! My name’s Dave, and I’m new to the group, and to overlanding in general. My wife, Jessie, and I live in the West Los Angeles area. Our rig is a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee that we’re still building up. It’s lifted, but still needs some essentials, such as a bumper, armor, and some recovery gear. I have taken it off road and it performs really well on the local trails. Again, super novice here, but eager to learn and experience some new adventures. I look forward to meeting you guys and learning from your experiences. Stay safe, and see ya on the trails!

Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

Chris Craig

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

40.1259, -75.7003
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Craig
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WT7BO
Hi All!

My name is Chris and my wife Jennifer and 3 year old son Truman have been overlanding together for about 1.5 years. My wife and I have been overlanding via motorcycle since 2005 and I’ve been at it since the late 90’s.

Here are a couple pics of our main rig:

We’re currently living in Spokane, WA and looking for people to overland with in the general area.

We have a couple of vehicles, but the primary is a 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited towing a 2017 Turtleback expedition trailer. Sometimes we tow the trailer behind our 2013 Ford Raptor.

Still consider ourselves novices, maybe novice+.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Last edited:

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

Hi All!

My name is Chris and my wife Jennifer and 3 year old son Truman have been overlanding together for about 1.5 years. My wife and I have been overlanding via motorcycle since 2005 and I’ve been at it since the late 90’s.

Here are a couple pics of our main rig:

We’re currently living in Spokane, WA and looking for people to overland with in the general area.

We have a couple of vehicles, but the primary is a 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited towing a 2017 Turtleback expedition trailer. Sometimes we tow the trailer behind our 2013 Ford Raptor.

Still consider ourselves novices, maybe novice+.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Good looking rig. Welcome to the club

Trigger

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma
My name’s Mark. I’ve always been an adventurer but usually through backpacking, mountain biking, or bike packing.

I’ve gotten into overlanding through both a sense of adventure and for hunting purposes. I love the thought of my son and I driving to a remote areas to camp and hunt for days. I’ve also always been attracted to the idea of being out away from the crowds.

My build is getting started. I have a 17 Tacoma Off Road. I’ve leveled it with 5100s but I’m getting ready to put a OME 2” system on it. KC’s on the front and I have an MEO bedrack.

I’m looking forward to being a part of this group.

DSC_0296.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Hulk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary, AB
First Name
Al
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Algirdas. I am originally from Lithuania, been living in Ireland for 8 years, currently live in Canada for last 5 years. Camping, fishing, hunting and being outdoors is what I like. Now decided to explore even more by stepping into overlanding and joining your group.

Rig: 2003 Mitsubishi Montero (NP) 3.8 V6
Overlanding Experience Background: New to Overlanding but been offroading for some time

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Hello all,

My name is Algirdas. I am originally from Lithuania, been living in Ireland for 8 years, currently live in Canada for last 5 years. Camping, fishing, hunting and being outdoors is what I like. Now decided to explore even more by stepping into overlanding and joining your group.

Rig: 2003 Mitsubishi Montero (NP) 3.8 V6
Overlanding Experience Background: New to Overlanding but been offroading for some time
Never mind lol. I just got my answer about your Monty. Nice looking rig. Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Hulk