Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Thanks, bought it last summer with engine damage. Did full rebuild, some mods coming this spring like lift, wheels, front bumper and some fog lights for start lol
Nice! We haven't decided on a lift yet, if we even need it (we've only had it since Sept).

Gotta love buying someone else's problems eh? We had to replace the transmission and harmonic balancer shortly after buying. Worth it. These are awesome vehicles. There's a huge group of Mitsubishi owners out of YYC on FB too...

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
My name’s Mark. I’ve always been an adventurer but usually through backpacking, mountain biking, or bike packing.

I’ve gotten into overlanding through both a sense of adventure and for hunting purposes. I love the thought of my son and I driving to a remote areas to camp and hunt for days. I’ve also always been attracted to the idea of being out away from the crowds.

My build is getting started. I have a 17 Tacoma Off Road. I’ve leveled it with 5100s but I’m getting ready to put a OME 2” system on it. KC’s on the front and I have an MEO bedrack.

I’m looking forward to being a part of this group.

View attachment 49634

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome. Look forward to seeing how you build it out.

Reactions: Trigger

Medic

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hello, I've been a member for a little while now and have just used this as a massive wealth of knowledge to reference. I had an 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee that unfortunately proved to not be reliable enough. After a lot of research and searching I found a 2010 t4r trail edition.... Man do I love this thing. I'm starting out slow with some good tires (used) and going to get some Bilstein 5100s to level out the front as soon as I can. I live in Lynchburg Va near where Blue Ridge Overland Gear is based out of and have gone to a few of there meets and fell in love (all over again) with what I always just called camping...lol. I am looking forward to wherever this adventure may lead.IMG_20180209_002147_603.jpg20170119_150511.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using OB Talk mobile app

Attachments

Mtntrekker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Bauer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0THS
My name is Dale
Rig: 2010 JKU rubicon. AEV 3 1/2 lift with 35 duratracs. 5:12 gears. AEV front bumber and Expedition rear number. Custom drawers and base in rear.
Experience: off-roading in Colorado and Utah for 8 years. Moderate level off-roader. Love adventuring in the back country. Belong to clubs in Colorado and Utah.
Did a lot of training at Overland Expos over the years. Attend every year.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Mtntrekker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Bauer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0THS
My name is Dale
Rig: 2010 JKU rubicon. AEV 3 1/2 lift with 35 duratracs. 5:12 gears. AEV front bumber and Expedition rear number. Custom drawers and base in rear.
Experience: off-roading in Colorado and Utah for 8 years. Moderate level off-roader. Love adventuring in the back country. Belong to clubs in Colorado and Utah.
Did a lot of training at Overland Expos over the years. Attend every year.

Builttoshred

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Redlands
Member #

Hello - My wife and I, and three dogs love camping out of our 08 FJC in the socal deserts. We live in Redlands CA and have awesome access to off road trials and back country.

Our FJ is mildly built with King suspension, lots of trail armor, 35" meats, 4.88 gears, and lots of dirt miles.

Stoked to join the Crew as #10917

Cheers!

Pete@maltby_fab#10321

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maltby Wa
Member #

Hello my name is Pete. Not new to overlanding. My friends and I called itbadventure wheeling back in the day... I have a small fab business called "maltby fab" we build a lot of bumpers, rock sliders, racks and stuff like that.
For the last 10 years I have driven a 1987 toyota 4runner with the 22re. The list of modifications is long
My wife and I spend a lot of time all over the place. We live in Maltby Washington but also spend a lot of time in OR, soCal and UT
Hope to see you all out there

PeteScreenshot_20180301-191021.jpgScreenshot_20180301-191013.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Megadoomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

N32°55'31.94",W117°05'20.21"
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Rossi
Member #

Name is Nick
San Diego, CA
My rig is a 1970 Land Cruiser FJ55. EFI SBC, 700r4, NP205. 5in lift, 35in Coopers, Custom built power steering and hydro boost and a load of fab'd items and interior.
I am licensed land surveyor, and the last 10 years I have gotten paid to off road the hell out of the lower 4 counties of California. I guess I was a fan of overland travel before I even knew the term. After many years it was time to finally own a land cruiser and I fell in love with the Iron Pig. 'Megadoomer' is a very capable rig and over the last 2 years I have been upgrading its bells and whistles to make long journeys more comfortable for my girls. I originally wanted to build up my Jeep Overland Cammander. It's fun, but it's biggest downfall is that it just isn't an Iron Pig.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

AppalachianExplorer

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Evans GA
Member #

My name is Mark.

Rig: 2002 Tacoma Double Cab
Experience: I have just recently been introduced to the world of overlanding (thanks XOverland) but I have always enjoyed car camping, mountain biking, and generally enjoying the great outdoors! I am an Eagle Scout and consider my time with the scouts as a natural progression into a future of overland travel and exploration. I think one of the great draws of overlanding is the ability to create your own style of adventure while remaining a part of a larger, and very welcoming, community. My current style of overlanding involves searching out unique camping locations with my wife and our dogs, and bringing my Whyte T130 along to explore the amazing single track riding that the Blue Ridge Mountains have to offer. I am exited to make new connections on OverlandBound, hear new ideas, and learn everything I can from this diverse group of like minded people!

On a side note I am also new to the world of online forums so I have a lot of learning to do!

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

Hello Overland Bound!

My name is Joe and I am from OR. I joined a few days ago searching for folks who may be using a Honda Pilot for more than just a Grocery Getter. I grew up in ID and as soon as I had my license I was trekking off road in 4x4’s. Now that I am living in the suburbs with a family, I am seeking a return to the joy of running a Jeep over sand dunes or a K5 up a logging trail. I am wanting to bring my family into the mix and find a way to have a daily driver that can also bring me back to the fun I used have exploring from behind the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Aussie571

SJJEEPER

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Elliott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VCR
Hello OB! My name is Ben and I am from San Jose, California.
My "rig" is my 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport that I got stock and done all the work on it myself so far.
I am a beginner to overlanding and looking forward to putting some experience under my belt. Just need to make the most of very limited storage that the TJ has to offer! You can check out my adventures on my instagram: SJJEEPERIMG_0488 2.JPG

Joseph Solin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Solin
Member #

Hello OB! My name is Ben and I am from San Jose, California.
My "rig" is my 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport that I got stock and done all the work on it myself so far.
I am a beginner to overlanding and looking forward to putting some experience under my belt. Just need to make the most of very limited storage that the TJ has to offer! You can check out my adventures on my instagram: SJJEEPERView attachment 49733
Welcome fellow Jeeper.

OffWheelin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Torrance, CA
Member #

Hi to all,

I recently joined your group. I’m located in Southern California and enjoy the great opportunities for off-road exploration in the west.

I have been doing off-road camping and exploring for over 30 years. I have experienced motorcycles, pickups, SUV’s, Jeeps, and VW Baja Bugs and dune buggies. I find that they all can take you places and be fun.

I prefer to travel light. I use simple camping gear and try to avoid heavy vehicle mods. Extra weight degrades performance and handling off-road. The Jeep photo was taken on a five day trip. Everything fits inside, and I sleep inside on a foam mattress behind the front passenger seat. I did a two week Baja trip to Cabo and back using the same method.

I currently have a 2017 Wrangler Rubicon with a few additions: AEV 3.5 lift, skid plates, onboard air, tools, recovery gear, etc.

I will try to share some knowledge on this site.

Happy trails!

My Jeep in southeast California, 2018
_DSC2763A.JPG

I completed the 2,850 mile Continental Divide trail in 2015. I have a gpx file that works for 4-wheeled vehicles, if anyone is planning such a trip.
CDT2015.JPG

I included a few historic photos in case anyone is interested. Overlanding before I heard the term overlanding. Notice that tire sizes were a lot smaller back then.

Pismo Beach, 1986
We learned to manage tire pressure early.
PB.JPG

Baja California, 1986
Learning some hard lessons in the mud. The track with the water was actually the best choice because the base had been packed down by traffic. Trying to avoid the “dangerous” water section put the vehicles in mud that appeared to be solid, but wasn’t. The best part: after the Jeep got stuck, the Ranger driver decided to show him how to do it. It was about a tie.
Baja mud.JPG

Holcomb Creek, Big Bear, 1987
Holcolmb Creek.JPG

Mojave Road, 1988
I purchased the first edition Mojave Road Guide in 1987. A dozen rigs did the trail in February, ‘88
Mojave Rd.JPG

Pinion Mountain Trail, Anza Borrego, 1989
This trail has always been a challenge
Pinion Mtn Trail.JPG

Dish Pan Springs, Big Bear, 1990
DPS2.JPG

Joshua Tree, 1992
Joshua Tree.JPG

Baja California Sur, south of Mulege, 2000
La Purisma.JPG

Baja California Sur, nearing Cabo San Lucas, 2000
Sometimes things go wrong. The driver made a mistake, but there were no injuries. We got the car rolled back on its feet, added oil, used duct tape to hold the rear window in place, and continued to Cabo.
Punta Pescadero.JPG

Baja California, Pacific coast, south of Cavatina, 2002
Baja coast.JPG

Death Valley, 2006
A well known crossroads.
DV2006.JPG

Owens Valley, 2011
Symmes Creek
Owens Valley.JPG

Death Valley, 2015
Lippincott Mine Road.
Lippincott.JPG

WalkingBear

Rank V

Pathfinder II

San Antonio, TX
First Name
Alfonso
Last Name
Landeros
Member #

Hello fellow OB members! My name is Alfonso from San Antonio TX and I have always found serenity and joy escaping the every day mundane things sharing with my wife of 23 years the relaxing but at the same time challenging adventure of getting away to new places and enjoy nature in its most raw form.....Looking forward to find other like minded OB members and have someone to share some of those adventures.
20170718_212233.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app