Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hello all, name's Sean Inglesby

I hail from wine country, California, USA. Specifically Santa Rosa, CA.
I have a whole sough of rigs/vehicles for various purposes...the summary:
1. 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Dog Taxi, daily driver, light to moderate wheeling, overlanding with heated seats and sunroof is awesome
2. 1997 Jeep Cherokee - used to be my overlander (North Carolina to California is longest continuous journey to date) but has grown into more of a capable off roader
3. 2002 VW New Beetle...yup, just wait till you see photos.
4. Other projects coming and going frequently

I am former US Army special operations, born in Germany, raised mostly in California, and spent a few years in Georgia and North Carolina with uncle sam. Grew up outdoors, camping, backpacking, wheeling, exploring, navigating, etc and was very confident in that setting. The army just spent some money making those skills even better and adding to them. I'm good with it.
I now own and operate Trail Forged Offroad and Overland, a supplier and manufacturer dedicated to the wheeling and adventuresome crowds.
Hi and welcome! Nice trucks, but love the bug! Hah! Those tires change the look quite a bit. Is that the 4motion or whatever they call their 4 wheel drive? Is that even available on the bug?

How'd you make out with the fires in Santa Rosa recently? Used to live up that way and know a few people that were within just a few homes of losing their place. Devastating. So sad for all those involved. I can only imagine how the rebuilding is going.

Sean Inglesby

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Santa Rosa, Ca
Member #

Hi and welcome! Nice trucks, but love the bug! Hah! Those tires change the look quite a bit. Is that the 4motion or whatever they call their 4 wheel drive? Is that even available on the bug?

How'd you make out with the fires in Santa Rosa recently? Used to live up that way and know a few people that were within just a few homes of losing their place. Devastating. So sad for all those involved. I can only imagine how the rebuilding is going.

It is still FWD...for now. They didn't mass produce AWD new beetles like they did with the Golf R32. But an AWD conversion is on the books for the future. Along with some more power, and additional suspension modifications. We survived the fire a lot better than quite a few of our friends....but barely. I live literally one street from the Coffey Park area, one neighborhood that was flattened nearly completely. 4 houses on our street are gone, and we went without any utilities for a week, but that was the worst of it for us. Bottled water, backfeed the house with a generator, field showers, camp stove, etc. I stayed there even through the mandatory evacuation time pulling guard due to the insane amount of looting that was going on all around us. Seems like a distant memory now, even though I drive through the burned zones daily.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

It is still FWD...for now. They didn't mass produce AWD new beetles like they did with the Golf R32. But an AWD conversion is on the books for the future. Along with some more power, and additional suspension modifications. We survived the fire a lot better than quite a few of our friends....but barely. I live literally one street from the Coffey Park area, one neighborhood that was flattened nearly completely. 4 houses on our street are gone, and we went without any utilities for a week, but that was the worst of it for us. Bottled water, backfeed the house with a generator, field showers, camp stove, etc. I stayed there even through the mandatory evacuation time pulling guard due to the insane amount of looting that was going on all around us. Seems like a distant memory now, even though I drive through the burned zones daily.
I've heard stories from friends, very similar to yours. I know it was really bad, but could have been too much worse too. Glad things worked out for you.

AWD conversion, eh? You're not going after a modern day interpretation of a baja bug are you?

Nonie Lacuesta

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hi All, Nonie Lacuesta checking in, Member 10909 and this is my inaugural post. I live in Sacramento, CA since '91 but originally from Daly City where i grew up and went to school. I finally pulled the trigger and joined this Merry Band of Outdoor Funseekers. I was surprised the number of members from all walks of life in different parts of the world, I knew somehow this was the place for me. I drive a 2009 Nissan Frontier CC SV 4 x 4 which is basically stock and slowly working to a level where i think it should be. I have minimal overlanding experience other than going up to Foresthill, CA and wheeling through logging roads. Never had an overnight with the truck yet. I'm sure you all can fix that...I look forward to meeting you all in the near future.

IMG_1668.JPG IMG_1511.jpg IMG_1670.JPG

I am OFFICIAL!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

Just signed up today!

New to the overland thing. But I have been off-roading ever since I got my drivers license. I am curantly building up my Jeep for overland travel.

2013 Jeep Wrangler 2dr JK Sport.

Can’t wait to get out and explore!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello all, name's Sean Inglesby

I hail from wine country, California, USA. Specifically Santa Rosa, CA.
I have a whole sough of rigs/vehicles for various purposes...the summary:
1. 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Dog Taxi, daily driver, light to moderate wheeling, overlanding with heated seats and sunroof is awesome
2. 1997 Jeep Cherokee - used to be my overlander (North Carolina to California is longest continuous journey to date) but has grown into more of a capable off roader
3. 2002 VW New Beetle...yup, just wait till you see photos.
4. Other projects coming and going frequently

I am former US Army special operations, born in Germany, raised mostly in California, and spent a few years in Georgia and North Carolina with uncle sam. Grew up outdoors, camping, backpacking, wheeling, exploring, navigating, etc and was very confident in that setting. The army just spent some money making those skills even better and adding to them. I'm good with it.
I now own and operate Trail Forged Offroad and Overland, a supplier and manufacturer dedicated to the wheeling and adventuresome crowds.
Like the look of the VW. Welcome and thank you for your service.

KingCopa

Rank 0

Traveler I

Current Vehicle: 2007 Ram 2500, CTD with Carli suspension
Alternate Vehicle: 1994 Jeep XJ, long arms and locked
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I love getting out and exploring my state. I will admit that I'm a control freak and try to hard to make sure every duck is in a row and need to just drive and be more comfortable figuring it out as I go. My best trip was a 4 day trip from Phx to the Grand Canyon with 75% of the trip in the dirt and minimal freeway driving.

flyguy1962

Rank III
Investor

Contributor III

Springfield, IL
First Name
Gregg
Last Name
Benshoof
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9NDU
1) upload_2018-2-28_20-20-40.png
2) Springfield, IL
3) Rig 2007 Ford F150 FX4 Extended cab, Have Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure with Kevlar on it now.
4) Novice in Overlanding

Planning on a small lift and setting it up to be more capable off road. Looking for ideas for mods.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Scarlet O Mikey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lincoln, Ca
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2015 Rav4
Upcoming Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Overland Experience: beginner
Why Overlanding?: We love to be outdoor, pack up camping gear on a Friday and head out for the weekend. Plan is to build our new rig with overlanding in mind to explore more often and more advanced

Liz and Bert
Hi Tr3bnettiws, welcome to OB. Can't wait to see your new JL. Waving from Lincoln.

Scarlet O Mikey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lincoln, Ca
Member #

Hi all,
Location - Folsom Ca or typically lost in the back country
Rig - 2014 anvil 2d Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X. Sleeps 1.5 - me and pup.
Experience - more than some, less than most.View attachment 48659 View attachment 48660

Excited to learn about new trails, meet new people, learn about crazy rig set ups.
Likes - I love to camp, hike, run and bum around in the jeep. Sounds like a date comment.... Also, hard to catch me without the pup (Josie Wales).
Primary dislike - working.
Hi DailyDirt and Josie Wales, nice rig and what a cute little pup. Springer? Jeep wave from Lincoln.

Reactions: DailyDirt

Chuck Winchester

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Thomasville Ga
Member #

Hello from Thomasville, Ga. glad to be here. Drive a Jeep Wrangler unlimited. Pulling a m416 trailer. My wife and I and our two dogs are about to embark full time over landing. Excited to be here. Been canoeing and outdoors all my life. The mountains call and I must go.

JC ( Just Chuck)

GUinWA

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello from sunny Perth Western Australia
What I drive: 1999 Nissan Patrol 4.2 turbo Diesel with a hard floor camper on the back,
Experience: yep a fair bit lived
in the Pilbara for 7 years, got to see a bit up north. Love camping remote and don't mind if we are by our self.

Last edited:

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm Camron and located in the Texas panhandle. I have a 4Runner with just a few mods. I am a novice at this but I have several trips in the planning phase for this spring and summer. I've found that I enjoy the planning and nav part of all of this. I have skimmed these forums for a while so I figured it's time I join up!
View attachment 49481
Like the MODs, Welcome to the OB!

Reactions: Cbevington6

Igo4Lo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Hello all! I am Mike from San Francisco.

Rig is a 2015 4Runner Trail

Experienced camper, moderate off-roading and loving the Overland movement!

Just joined after seeing what this forum and group were all about, looking forward to some meets and finding some great spots from the wealth of knowledge in here. Badges are ordered and will be on the rig soon.
IMG_0502.JPG

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Schmitty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Schmitt
Member #

Hello from Matt and Indy in Eastern Washington.

I'm an experienced traveler. Started out backpacking overseas, then started riding dual sport and adventure motorcycles throughout the western US and Canada. I decided to get into 4x4 overlanding last year so I could bring my canine adventure partner along with me. I'm slowly converting a 2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew into a capable rig. Its a bit challenging as nobody seems to like this generation of F150 when it comes to good offroad parts but I've been making do.

Inspired to join up after watching Michael and Corrie on YouTube.

Currently building a custom bed rack to carry more gear and am having a custom front bumper made so I can finally fit a winch (I do a lot of solo travel). Other plans in the near future include rock sliders and suspension upgrades.

I'm very excited to join the growing Overland community in the US! Indy and I will be at Overland Expo this year while on a 3 week plus trip through the Western USA. Hope you meet some of you there or on the way!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Greetings from Helmetta, New Jersey!

My name is Ian and live in a small area in Central New Jersey just south of East Brunswick!
I drive a 2000 Subaru Outback with a 4" lift kit and 29" tires; in addition, I own a 2017 3.6R Outback and my girlfriend drives a 2017 Forester XT.
I grew up in the wonderful Sunshine State, Attended College in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont, and planted myself somewhere "in-the-middle."
I would say that my experience and capabilities are as on par with my vehicle; jack of all trades but by far a master of none.
Looking forward to meeting new people!
Welcome! and nice collection. Feel free to check out and introduce yourself to a bunch of other Subaru members here...

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/subaru-owners-registry.3450/

Joseph Solin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Solin
Member #

Hello all. I’m always impressed by how the internet can bring individuals together that share a common interest. I’m looking forward to learning from all of your experiences.

1) Orlando,FL
2) 2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited with lots of upgrades
3) I’d say novice experience, although I’ve done many multi-day and week long outing and have been off roading on and off for the past 15 years. I’m just starting to pull the two together.
15B8DE83-FAB4-4B20-8248-F7E2E602FFB4.jpeg 5AD8E5E7-4CA8-4CAA-8AF0-1F5736FFB772.jpeg 21F7C117-8429-4A10-B2D7-6C0A4948264D.jpeg A9EDB975-97FD-4F19-9E30-E143F705A98E.jpeg C0531E33-1CBA-4121-8627-3E93E2877601.jpeg