Launch Member

Contributor I

Dallas, TX
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Joyce
Member #

Hello all, just joined (#10609)... looking forward to getting to know the community. @wearepachari is myself, Bradley Joyce, and my wife, Rocio Segura. We are new to overlanding and looking forward to setting off on our first adventures.

We are currently in Dallas, TX.

Initially our plan was to find a Ford E-350 EB van and convert to a 4x4 overland vehicle. After much discussion and negotiations we decided we needed a bit more space and found a killer deal on a 2001 E-450 shuttle bus that we are currently in the process of converting into a beefy 4x4 overlanding RV :-) We'll see how it goes! We obviously won't be during super hardcore off-roading but definitely plan to get to some remote places and will eventually be taking it down to South America.

Last edited:

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Howdy howdy.

I've got an 04 Jeep Wrangler with all sorts of goodies. In the past I've just done Jeep trail day trips, but now that the Jeep is where I want it capability wise, I'm starting to do longer multi-day trips. Recently moved to Denver, CO and there is no shortage of trails!
Colorado! Living the Dream! Welcome to OB. :)

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Rob in San Jose. Been stalking for a bit and finally pulled the trigger to become a member. Different degrees of overlanding, from RVs to an air mattress in the back of the Suburban. Currently using a 1973 Scout II with a Maggiolina as my main rig.

View attachment 48973
Welcome. Nice rig and the Magi. It's good to see another Magi out there. :sunglasses:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 48780 Hello I'm new to the page and pretty new to overlanding. I'm located near Placerville Ca. Most of what I've done in the past is rock crawling and camping not always at the same time, I'm interested in overlanding for my self and family to try and get us out and about more to see new things and places. My rig is a 1990 4 runner 3.slow 5spd it has twin cases, 4.88 gears, SAS , lockright , rancho 40444 springs in the front and 63" cheys in the rear with bilstein shock, TG bumpers and sliders,35" Falken M/T tires and a mile marker winch. It was originally built a few years back for the rocks but that's all going to change. The first step is redoing the suspension, that way it sits about 3" lower. I cant wait to get out and do some exploring.
Welcome... now that's a serious lift on that rig. :astonished:

RossBuilt Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Salem, Virginia
Member #

IMG_2833.JPG Hello OB community,

I'm just getting involved in overlanding after lurking around several forums and OB member YouTube pages. My rig is also my daily driver, a 2012 Tacoma Off-road that's currently sitting on about 87k miles. I've made a number of mods to the truck over the years, but I'm running stock suspension and tyres. I have moderate experience with trail riding/off-roading, but have done very little of it recently. I'm currently living near Roanoke Virginia.

Dfndr110

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hi there everyone. My names is Will. Live in Austin, TX. Have a wife, three teens, dog and a cat. New to the overlanding world. Am currently in rig build/rebuild mode. 1985 Land Rover defender 110 hicap. See pic for "before" rebuild, will post another when done. Excited to do some trips this summer and fall, driving to the East Coast and some short trips in Central TX and Southwest. Very happy that this forum exists. It has given me great food for thought and is a wealth of knowledge. Much appreciated.land-rover-defender-110-hcpu-lhd-25na-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

LockedUp

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Love the ride Will! I lived in Germany for 3 years and fell in love with Defenders.

I've been watching Overland Bound videos for a while and finally decided to get on the forum. My name is Jeremy and currently live in San Antonio. I'm military so I move frequently. I picked up a 2003 GX470 (Land Cruiser 120) a couple years ago as the family adventure mobile and have slowly been building into a full up overland rig. So far I've added an OME 3" lift up front, tricked rear, 33" Cooper ST Maxx (LT255/80R17 - tall skinnies), DIY drawer system and a ARB Batwing awning. So far my big trips have been the White Rim Trail and Big Bend National Park. I have some experience in off road driving (previously owned a '94 YJ) but I'm definitely no expert.

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to learning and contributing any way I can. Below is Lexi posing in Canyonlands NP in Utah.

Lexi.JPG

Dfndr110

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Love the ride Will! I lived in Germany for 3 years and fell in love with Defenders.

I've been watching Overland Bound videos for a while and finally decided to get on the forum. My name is Jeremy and currently live in San Antonio. I'm military so I move frequently. I picked up a 2003 GX470 (Land Cruiser 120) a couple years ago as the family adventure mobile and have slowly been building into a full up overland rig. So far I've added an OME 3" lift up front, tricked rear, 33" Cooper ST Maxx (LT255/80R17 - tall skinnies), DIY drawer system and a ARB Batwing awning. So far my big trips have been the White Rim Trail and Big Bend National Park. I have some experience in off road driving (previously owned a '94 YJ) but I'm definitely no expert.

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to learning and contributing any way I can. Below is Lexi posing in Canyonlands NP in Utah.

View attachment 49081
Nice Lexus! Have friends who have that or very similar would like them to start building it up so they can join in on the fun.

RossBuilt Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Salem, Virginia
Member #

Hi there everyone. My names is Will. Live in Austin, TX. Have a wife, three teens, dog and a cat. New to the overlanding world. Am currently in rig build/rebuild mode. 1985 Land Rover defender 110 hicap. See pic for "before" rebuild, will post another when done. Excited to do some trips this summer and fall, driving to the East Coast and some short trips in Central TX and Southwest. Very happy that this forum exists. It has given me great food for thought and is a wealth of knowledge. Much appreciated.View attachment 49061

Nice rig Will! The Defenders are fantastic. The 110 is one of my dream vehicles.

JeepRubiconOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, Ga
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Hello everyone- I have a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door that I am upgrading with a roof rack and RTT in the next month or so (Gobi Ranger rack is on order). I spent 2 months last year driving around the Western US on/off road and am looking to do more of the same this Summer, but spend more time in remote areas and less time using motels. I am from Atlanta, Ga, but I am most interested in hiking/canyoneering in Utah, Colorado, and other Western US states. I do these trips solo, but would be interested in crossing paths with some other overlanders at some point.

https://www.instagram.com/robertjanderson8888/
https://jeepadventuresblog.wordpress.com/

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 49032 Hello OB community,

I'm just getting involved in overlanding after lurking around several forums and OB member YouTube pages. My rig is also my daily driver, a 2012 Tacoma Off-road that's currently sitting on about 87k miles. I've made a number of mods to the truck over the years, but I'm running stock suspension and tyres. I have moderate experience with trail riding/off-roading, but have done very little of it recently. I'm currently living near Roanoke Virginia.
Welcome. You have a beautiful area to roam around in.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi there everyone. My names is Will. Live in Austin, TX. Have a wife, three teens, dog and a cat. New to the overlanding world. Am currently in rig build/rebuild mode. 1985 Land Rover defender 110 hicap. See pic for "before" rebuild, will post another when done. Excited to do some trips this summer and fall, driving to the East Coast and some short trips in Central TX and Southwest. Very happy that this forum exists. It has given me great food for thought and is a wealth of knowledge. Much appreciated.View attachment 49061

Welcome... look forward to seeing your build of this classic.

volvite

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Prattville, AL, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Tolman
Hello everyone.
I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the 3.0 Diesel. I bought it in June 2015 as a replacement for my 2008 Nissan Pathfinder. I loved my Pathfinder as it would pass anything on the road but a gas station. It came with the 5.6L V8, the same motor that's in the Armada and Titan. As of now I don't have very many modifications to the Jeep but have lots of plans. I have the rocky road outfitters roof rack installed as well as the hidden winch with bull bar awaiting install. I'm active duty military and bought the Jeep in the states but moved to Italy about 2 years ago. Buying parts or modifications for the Jeep is hard to come by as shipping now becomes a major expense. I look forward to participating in the forum and hope to see you on the trails.

jg45

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bartlett, TN
First Name
John
Last Name
Gilmer
Member #

Hello OB community. New member here from Bartlett, TN. Current rig is a 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x. Haven't really done a lot to it yet. Previous was a 2003 Liberty that I had lifted. Went lot's of places with it. Some of my favorite places to go and explore are in the southwest and the mountains of Colorado. Mostly mud around here which I really dislike, so when I want to get away I am typically heading to the Ozarks in Arkansas.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Hello everyone.
I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the 3.0 Diesel. I bought it in June 2015 as a replacement for my 2008 Nissan Pathfinder. I loved my Pathfinder as it would pass anything on the road but a gas station. It came with the 5.6L V8, the same motor that's in the Armada and Titan. As of now I don't have very many modifications to the Jeep but have lots of plans. I have the rocky road outfitters roof rack installed as well as the hidden winch with bull bar awaiting install. I'm active duty military and bought the Jeep in the states but moved to Italy about 2 years ago. Buying parts or modifications for the Jeep is hard to come by as shipping now becomes a major expense. I look forward to participating in the forum and hope to see you on the trails.
Keep your eyes open, there are lots of parts available in europe !
Greetings from germany

Reactions: jg45