Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Missed this little gem. Talk about making some great memories together. You two are going to have a blast. California to Alaska. Great trip. Looking forward to hearing about your trip and hopefully seeing pictures.
Haha not a short trip! Planning on going up through Yellowstone and Glacier National Park, then into Canada and up the AlCan Highway. After Alaska we’ll come down along the Pacific coast and hit Vancouver and ferry to Victoria Island, then down 5 through Seattle and Portland and by Mt Saint Helens and Shasta. I love that section of road!

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Haha not a short trip! Planning on going up through Yellowstone and Glacier National Park, then into Canada and up the AlCan Highway. After Alaska we’ll come down along the Pacific coast and hit Vancouver and ferry to Victoria Island, then down 5 through Seattle and Portland and by Mt Saint Helens and Shasta. I love that section of road!
Making me jealous. I've wanted to do the AlCan highway for years, but never have been able to make the time and money variables come together at the same time. Haha.

Yellowstone is a great park, visit in the winter or off season if you get the chance and haven't already, otherwise it can be extremely crowded. There are some great waterfalls that aren't a bad hike from the road in places too. Just watch for bears and wildlife. Reminds me, i was in a suburban and my wife was taking a picture of a baby buffalo and its mother walking along the road, she said "aww, how cute" a little to loudly, or suddenly, or something, because the mother acted like she was going to charge the truck, but stopped before hitting us. Mind you, we were at eye level when we passed by -- those are some _BIG_ animals. Haha.

Steven Dale Buckeridge

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Maricopa, AZ, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Buckeridge
Member #

Hello everyone. My name's Steven.
I'm a marine corps veteran and have a 1994 6.5 diesel silverado I'm putting together as a back up tow rig and light overland trailing truck. I will be buying and starting a build on an early 90s land cruiser and I have a 1950s tear drop I am starting to convert over as well. I will have pictures here soon of everything and the builds as I go along. I live in wildomar, california. I have some offroading experience between 4wd trucks and motorcross/ trail bikes. But as a mechanic and fabricator I have learned theres' always more to learn and experience everyday.

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Hello everyone. My name's Steven.
I'm a marine corps veteran and have a 1994 6.5 diesel silverado I'm putting together as a back up tow rig and light overland trailing truck. I will be buying and starting a build on an early 90s land cruiser and I have a 1950s tear drop I am starting to convert over as well. I will have pictures here soon of everything and the builds as I go along. I live in wildomar, california. I have some offroading experience between 4wd trucks and motorcross/ trail bikes. But as a mechanic and fabricator I have learned theres' always more to learn and experience everyday.
Thank you for your service, and welcome to OB! I'm excited to see your Land Cruiser come together. I wish I was good at welding so I could restore an old military trailer.

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Hi, and welcome!

$300 for a RTT? I've seen some good deals at REI, but that's crazy. How'd you pull that off? Guessing combination of coupon and using dividends?

I'm sure you and your son will love it. My daughter loves sleeping in our RTT. Looking forward to getting out again one weekend very soon.
That's the deal of a century! I ended up with an REI Basecamp 6 (ground tent) for $360 which was a sweet deal, but I'd kill for a $300 RTT.

Reactions: PapaDave

BoundEagleNC

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Davidson, North Carolina
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Haas
Member #

Hey Y'all
I just joined the Overland community.
I am a Eagle Scout and love adventuring where most people haven't. I also own a small Business called Saltwater Tactical, coming soon, and we are starting to make stuff for the OB community.
Sadly I have no pictures of my truck, but will soon have some.
I am located in Davidson, North Carolina. (Just north of Charlotte)
I have a 2000 GMC Sonoma Reg Cab, 2WD (Sadly) with a 2.2L engine and a 5 speed manual.
I am a newbie at overlanding but so glad to be part of this amazing community, and ready to learn.
Hooah lets go on an adventure boys.

Gardendaddy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Webster Groves, MO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gilmore
Member #

Hello,

New member here just having a look around. I live north of Seattle, have three boys who camp and adventure with the wife and I. Our current rig is a clapped out 2003 Honda Odyessy what has bumps and scrapes on every panel from taking it on fire roads it shouldn't be on.

Our next rig will be a 2018 Transit 150 that will get converted to 4x4 by a company in the Portland area. I dont have vast plans for this rig other than capability and reliability for logging roads and some mildly rougher tracks.

My experience with overlanding has been a means to adventure. I have used everything from a 1990 Tacoma to a 1985 BMW 528e tromping around the western US. I like sleeping under the stars and navigating to seldom traveled areas.

MenTel

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Port Angels, WA
First Name
Loren
Last Name
Skeels
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7NYF
Service Branch
Navy
Hello Everyone,

My name is Loren and I am from Port Angeles Wa. I have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery and have moderate experience from exploring the mountains around Washington State.

Attachments

Unionmine

Rank 0

Traveler I

26055933_10210677307704286_6440586269446041034_n.jpg Hello I'm new to the page and pretty new to overlanding. I'm located near Placerville Ca. Most of what I've done in the past is rock crawling and camping not always at the same time, I'm interested in overlanding for my self and family to try and get us out and about more to see new things and places. My rig is a 1990 4 runner 3.slow 5spd it has twin cases, 4.88 gears, SAS , lockright , rancho 40444 springs in the front and 63" cheys in the rear with bilstein shock, TG bumpers and sliders,35" Falken M/T tires and a mile marker winch. It was originally built a few years back for the rocks but that's all going to change. The first step is redoing the suspension, that way it sits about 3" lower. I cant wait to get out and do some exploring.

DocTaco

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Modesto
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Maston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZE
Just joined! Member #10434. My friend joined last night and he is #10123. 311 new members in 12 hours. Terrific growth! I’m looking forward to the Rallies in my 2013 taco. Live in the Modesto, CA area.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just joined! Member #10434. My friend joined last night and he is #10123. 311 new members in 12 hours. Terrific growth! I’m looking forward to the Rallies in my 2013 taco. Live in the Modesto, CA area.
Hey you sound like a really great guy with a really family! Glad to see you on here my friend

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

View attachment 48836
1991 Toyota FJ80
Great Falls, MT
Erik Stover
Novice, have some off roading experience but not a lot of overlanding experience.
Love the overland bound YouTube channel and am hoping to get more involved!
Sweet rig, and welcome to OB! What kind of plans do you have for the setup? As my Jeep gets up there in mileage I've been starting to ponder what I'm going to drive next. I'm a sucker for the late 80's and early 90's FJs.

Reactions: 406FJ80

406FJ80

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Great Falls, MT
Member #

Sweet rig, and welcome to OB! What kind of plans do you have for the setup? As my Jeep gets up there in mileage I've been starting to ponder what I'm going to drive next. I'm a sucker for the late 80's and early 90's FJs.
Hey thanks! I just put the 33’s and wheels on next on the list is a OME suspension setup. After that will be roof rack, tire swing/bumpers it has a cdl but I’d like front and rear lockers in the future. Other than that just preventive maintenance. I’ve had three Land Rovers and so far the fj80 is more reliable than all theee combined which is why I went with the land cruiser I LOVE rovers but was tired of ending up on the side of the road rather than my destination haha.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

WJ Dahl

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minot ND
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm WJ Dahl, I'm mostly new here (I set up account then got busy). I'm a Dad and college student so have a pretty modest rig. I drive a 1999 Jeep WJ 4.7 Up-Country not much for mods yet:interstate battery led auxiliary light in cargo area,and a half installed CB radio. I'm planning a 2" spacer lift and front auto-locker this spring. I'm living in Minot ND and I'm somewhat experienced in overlanding but still got a lot to learn.
here's a few pics
the trailer house isn't mine lol I'm not being evicted and the last one is a mock up of the lift
20180223_202023.jpg 20170305_153805.jpg 20161206_134757.jpg 20170304_144127.jpg

SongOfTheOpenRoad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Palm City, FL
Member #

Hello all!
John & Alyssa checking in from the treasure coast in Florida. We're driving a 2011 Toyota TRD off road Tacoma. 4 1/2“ lift in the front and 7" in the back , Body Armour 4x4 bumpers, tire carrier, Warn winch, on 33's. Love to explore new places. Looking to move to Colorado next year, but enjoying the adventure Florida holds while we're here. Hoping to meet other families in the area [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Howdy
I am "ShorttAdventures". I am located in Salt Lake City, Utah. I was raised in a family that treasures and respects the "wild places". Offroading/Overlanding is in my blood. I love to get out and explore. I currently drive a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4.7L V8 HO. I've added a Curt tow hitch, a 3" budget boost, and 265/75 R16 Kumho Road Venture AT tires. Next upgrade will be a set of rock sliders. I look forward to being a member of a community that believes in protecting the outdoors and leaving trails in better condition than they were found.