Enthusiast III

Opelika, Alabama
First Name
Francis
Last Name
Huber
Joined today
My name is Francis
Location: Currently In NW North Dakota, but that will be changing soon. Don't know where me, my wife and daughter and soon to be son will end up, but when we get there I look forward to exploring the area with them.
We have a 2013 F150 FX4 S-CREW 5.0L, my daughter calls it Big Blue
Never done more than some dirt roads and some minor hills in the Bakken.

RugerOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hastings, NE
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Ruger
Member #

Hi, and welcome to OB! What part of Nebraska are you in? I've spent a bit of time there myself (Kearney, Grand Island, then later west in Scottsbluff).

One thing I've noticed is that overlanding seems to mean different things to different people. The beauty is, they're all correct. For me, it's about the journey, the adventure, and most of all, sharing fun times and creating memories with my daughter.

We don't get out nearly as often as I'd like, but we do have fun. And the best part is, it doesn't matter what your vehicle is. You don't _have_ to go rock crawling, and you don't have to have a custom built camper/vehicle. Start with what you have, get out as a family, and make memories. As you do, you'll find things you enjoy, and probably things that you don't, and then you can start gathering tools, supplies, upgrades, whatever, but they'll be specific for what you and your family enjoy.

I'm still getting my stuff figured out. And I just got an old pop-up for my father so he can join us at times.

Nice truck. Seems perfect to me. I've been going back and forth on whether I want to go to something full size or not. I've got an itch to get another Suburban, or maybe an Excursion. Doubt I will, but that pesky itch just won't go away. :)

Have fun, and again, welcome!
We live in hastings. Thanks for the warm welcome. A diesel Excursion is what I’ll be striving for in years to come. Family of 5 two dogs to boot, I need all the room I can get. But yes right now the goal is to GO. “Outfit and Explore” that’s exactly right!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

We live in hastings. Thanks for the warm welcome. A diesel Excursion is what I’ll be striving for in years to come. Family of 5 two dogs to boot, I need all the room I can get. But yes right now the goal is to GO. “Outfit and Explore” that’s exactly right!

The diesel Excursion is something I'd like too. Though it's just my daughter and I, and 2 dogs.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app

ojoverland

Rank I

Contributor III

Oxnard
Hey everyone!

Vehicle/Rig: 2016 Jeep Rubicon MT
Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding: I’m an outdoor person, I love to travel, hike, camping, landscape photography and especially I enjoy long drives. Travelled to Iceland, Ireland, Scotland without staying in hotels, only the van the we rented and I loved it. that’s when I realized that overlanding is something that I want to do and will definitely enjoy.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey everyone!

Vehicle/Rig: 2016 Jeep Rubicon MT
Why Overlanding: I’m an outdoor person, I love to travel, hike, camping, landscape photography and especially I enjoy long drives. Travelled to Iceland, Ireland, Scotland without staying in hotels, only the van the we rented and I loved it. that’s when I realized that overlanding is something that I want to do and will definitely enjoy.
And how much gas mileage does the tank get [emoji41] LOL. Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

Hello,
Located: Orofino, Idaho
Rig: Will be 1998 Lexus LX470 we just picked up, 230k on the clock, to 'replace' both a 2017 Rav4 and a 1995 K2500 as our "outdoor" vehicles, one rig to serve the job of two.
Overlanding Experience: Undefinable: have been wrenching, exploring, camping etc for a while now in various forms. Nice to see communities of enthusiast coming together!

Wanderjäger

Rank 0

Traveler I

Arizona
Hello everyone
Currently located: Phoenix, AZ

Rig: I own a 2016 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 that I'd like to completely set up as my overlander. It's not a daily driver (work perks) but has 25K on the clock. Big gas motor. Joined up here to source gear, parts and knowledge in setting it up.

Overlanding Experience: camping, hiking, hunting, exploring, climbing in almost every clime for over 20 years. I've decided now that I'm in the SW and since there are so many amazing places within driving distance that it's time to build a vehicle that'll elevate my trips to the next level. Looking forward to meeting others and learning what I can.

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

Hi, Im Parker from Seattle WA. I currently have a 2001 Wrangler that I inherited from my dad, so in honor of him I better become as skilled at off roading as he was and keep getting this thing dirty. I also ride dual sport. My family and I spend most of our free time in Eastern WA.
Welcome Parker. I'm sure you will honor your Dad well! I've got a 2000 XJ and ride a 2013 Husqvarna TE 310 and a 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 which I'm planning on taking on some adventures once the weather clears up.

Reactions: Parker1313

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

HI, I’m Jeff and I’m newbie here that lives in the Pacific Northwest. I’ve been on and off the forum for years but didn’t join till this past September. I got the bug for Overlanding from watching the first season of Expedition Overland on Youtube and then I found Overland Bound and have watched it grow since its infancy. I’m looking forward to all that Overlanding has to offer! I have a 2000 Jeep XJ and also have a 2013 Husqvarna TE 310 and a 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Adventure.IMG_1830.jpgIMG_1831.jpgIMG_1036.jpg

CanyonMULE

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Greetings from Loveland, CO
I have a 2017 GM Canyon Duramax Diesel, Crew with long bed. This is my everyday work vehicle first and foremost. Working from this basis I'm building a weekend Overlanding vehicle (Mobile Multi-purpose Utility Land Explorer or "gear hauler" for short). I have a Diamond Back bed cover and customized TracRac SR mounted to the top of the bed cover.

My first vehicle, at the age of 15, was a brand new 1978 CJ5 (V8). 16 shocks, 2 windshield, 4 leaf springs and a set of ATs replacements later I was hooked on off-roading. Just took ~40 years to get back in (had to save $$$ I guess). Coupled with life-long camping, hiking and fishing; "Overlanding" is now a formal better equipped means to do it all.

I've been following Overland Bound for awhile and finally joined. I'm looking forward to being a contributing and learning member of this group.

HAPPY TRAILS!

Attachments

Bassackwards

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wilmington, NC
First Name
Cooper
Last Name
Bass
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Bassackwards
HI, I’m Jeff and I’m newbie here that lives in the Pacific Northwest. I’ve been on and off the forum for years but didn’t join till this past September. I got the bug for Overlanding from watching the first season of Expedition Overland on Youtube and then I found Overland Bound and have watched it grow since its infancy. I’m looking forward to all that Overlanding has to offer! I have a 2000 Jeep XJ and also have a 2013 Husqvarna TE 310 and a 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Adventure.View attachment 48207View attachment 48208View attachment 48209
Love cherokees! They're cheap, parts are everywhere and if dome right they can be just as capable as a Wrangler but with more room and a "hardtop" alot of the people I wheel with around North Carolina have them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Bassackwards

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wilmington, NC
First Name
Cooper
Last Name
Bass
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Bassackwards
Also a new member as of today.
Jordan and Kye Ruger accompanied by our 3 girls. We live in central Nebraska. I’ve been hesitant to really get going in the overland community. I have been waiting to get the right vehicle that fits us “perfectly” but am realizing that is the wrong train of thought. So we’re just going to make what we have work and adjust accordingly. At least I think that is the jist of this community. Starting our journey with a 2002 Chevy Silverado k2500. Crew cab short box. It doubles as my everyday driver and service truck for my business. But we’re going to upgrade it according to what we need to get out and explore. We’ll be pulling an old pop up camper that will also get some off-road upgrades and see how far we can take it. Anyway glad to be here and I’m really liking what I see in this forum and the OB community. Looking forward to getting to know you great people and do some awesome adventures. Thanks again!!

All pop ups need is more insulation, spring over axle conversion and roof rack! Wish I still had my old 87 Coleman popup. It was rotted so I couldn't use it anymore [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

1000Taco0001

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Nalley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0AFK
New Member :)
Vehicle/Rig: 2015 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
Why: Looking for folks to hit the trails, explore, camping and fish. (off the beaten path and away from the common out door traveler)

Cesar Jimenez

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Duncanville Texas
Member #

BACA8E29-6DEE-424E-AFB8-7CA0B5B1E94A.jpeg 31F8FE14-A8F2-4178-844C-2304AFC6476F.jpeg Hello everyone! My name is Cesar and I’m very excited to be part of this community!
Rig: 1997 Lexus LX450
Overland Experience: I am new to overlaning and I’m very excited to get started. I’ve always enjoyed the outdoors and steered away from it for the past 10 years. I want to reconnect with nature and get back to my outdoor roots. Once I found out about this very fun way of exploration and adventure I thought it would be the best way to start! I look forward to new adventures and meeting others in the group!