Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

US
Hello! I am Ted from Grand Rapids, MI. My Overlanding experience is NIL, however I spent a lot of time "camping" in the military. I am an experienced camper and just upgraded to a Rockwood 2104S. Which will not be taken overland. My "rig" is a 2007 Grand Cherokee with 4 to 5 inches of lift and a snorkel and lots of other upgrades/aftermarket parts. I am fairly experienced offroading but am now combining the two. First trip is planned with some other WK/XK owners for the U.P. here in Michigan. Would like to chat with anyone else that has done the U.P.View attachment 48012 View attachment 48013
What's your name on JF?

DirtyBeans

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort Meade MD
First Name
Louis
Last Name
Espinoza
Member #

Hello DirtyBeans here, I have been a long time follower of Overland Bound and many of the other overlanders on here. I recently moved from California to Maryland and looking to start exploring what the east coast has to offer. I recently decided to become an official member #10728 to learn more about overlanding, outfitting a vehicle and meeting new people.

I currently have a 2005 Chevy Avalanche 1500 its mostly stock 2wd with the exception of 4.10 gears and 305/70r16 Ko2’s on 16x10 Weld Stone Crushers.

I have little to no overlanding experience other than the occasional camping trip. But now that I have my own growing family I want to show them what the world has to offer and one of the many ways to get there.

Avalanches first snow.jpg
Here is a recent picture of my Avalanche.

Trailkrawler

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello! I'm Chris from Orange Beach, AL. I recently purchased a 1994 4runner. This is my first Toyota. I have owned a few Jeeps over the years that were built more for rock crawling, locked, caged, 35" tires etc. I built them as DD and drive 500-1500 miles, hit 2-3 off-road parks at a time and wheel them hard. The 4runner is going to be a different build, 32-33" tires. Looking forward to getting out with the family and exploring and camping. I've attached a picture of the 4runner and one of my favorite pictures of my TJ I had. IMG_0986.PNG IMG_1028.JPG

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello! I'm Chris from Orange Beach, AL. I recently purchased a 1994 4runner. This is my first Toyota. I have owned a few Jeeps over the years that were built more for rock crawling, locked, caged, 35" tires etc. I built them as DD and drive 500-1500 miles, hit 2-3 off-road parks at a time and wheel them hard. The 4runner is going to be a different build, 32-33" tires. Looking forward to getting out with the family and exploring and camping. I've attached a picture of the 4runner and one of my favorite pictures of my TJ I had. View attachment 48071 View attachment 48073
Hello Chris and welcome to the OB crew ...good looking rigs and look forward to seeing your adventures

DNRanch

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ohio
Howdy. I've been wheeling for awhile, got into it while living in SoCal back in 2002, cruising around Mt. Laguna and the Anza - Borrego desert. I reside in central Ohio. Too many rigs to mention over the years, though current is a recently acquired 2013 Tundra Crew Max (no mods to speak of) and a 1979 CJ-5 (plenty of mods, terrible mileage). I really like technical aspects of wheeling and going where others can't or won't. Main goals in building my rig will be simplicity and reliability, keeping near stock with money spent in the right places for most bang for buck (skids will probably be first big investment).

NiKoLasK74

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Laval, Qc
First Name
Nicolas
Last Name
Kokkinis
Hello everyone, happy to be a new member of OverlandBound. Hopefully we can get some more Canadian overlanders on board.

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road - Call sign: Kilo-01
Experience: Travel is a passion, camping is a lifestyle. Overland is a way of life... New to overlanding, camping has always been in my blood.

Thanks for having me

-NikolasK

kILO01.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone, happy to be a new member of OverlandBound. Hopefully we can get some more Canadian overlanders on board.

Experience: Travel is a passion, camping is a lifestyle. Overland is a way of life... New to overlanding, camping has always been in my blood.

Thanks for having me

-NikolasK

View attachment 48083
Hello Nikolas and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: JFWIII

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Hello folks, checking in from Sanford FL. Lots of off-road and camping experience in California and look forward to doing more of it here on the Southeast. The above is more like a "show" jeep for our shop, also working on the wife's H3. Glad to be here. Looking forward to meeting folks here and outside.
Nice jeep. Welcome to OB

Reactions: Mega4x4 and JFWIII

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello DirtyBeans here, I have been a long time follower of Overland Bound and many of the other overlanders on here. I recently moved from California to Maryland and looking to start exploring what the east coast has to offer. I recently decided to become an official member #10728 to learn more about overlanding, outfitting a vehicle and meeting new people.

I currently have a 2005 Chevy Avalanche 1500 its mostly stock 2wd with the exception of 4.10 gears and 305/70r16 Ko2’s on 16x10 Weld Stone Crushers.

I have little to no overlanding experience other than the occasional camping trip. But now that I have my own growing family I want to show them what the world has to offer and one of the many ways to get there.

View attachment 48032
Here is a recent picture of my Avalanche.
Welcome. It looks like you all are getting more snow than we are out west.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

Thanks for having me

-NikolasK

View attachment 48083
Welcome. Look forward to you sharing your passion in Overlanding with us.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

RugerOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hastings, NE
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Ruger
Member #

Also a new member as of today.
Jordan and Kye Ruger accompanied by our 3 girls. We live in central Nebraska. I’ve been hesitant to really get going in the overland community. I have been waiting to get the right vehicle that fits us “perfectly” but am realizing that is the wrong train of thought. So we’re just going to make what we have work and adjust accordingly. At least I think that is the jist of this community. Starting our journey with a 2002 Chevy Silverado k2500. Crew cab short box. It doubles as my everyday driver and service truck for my business. But we’re going to upgrade it according to what we need to get out and explore. We’ll be pulling an old pop up camper that will also get some off-road upgrades and see how far we can take it. Anyway glad to be here and I’m really liking what I see in this forum and the OB community. Looking forward to getting to know you great people and do some awesome adventures. Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Jordan and Kye Ruger accompanied by our 3 girls. We live in central Nebraska. I’ve been hesitant to really get going in the overland community. I have been waiting to get the right vehicle that fits us “perfectly” but am realizing that is the wrong train of thought. So we’re just going to make what we have work and adjust accordingly. At least I think that is the jist of this community. Starting our journey with a 2002 Chevy Silverado k2500. Crew cab short box. It doubles as my everyday driver and service truck for my business. But we’re going to upgrade it according to what we need to get out and explore. We’ll be pulling an old pop up camper that will also get some off-road upgrades and see how far we can take it. Anyway glad to be here and I’m really liking what I see in this forum and the OB community. Looking forward to getting to know you great people and do some awesome adventures. Thanks again!!

Welcome. Sounds like a solid platform and one that you are already familiar with. Look forward to seeing the off-road upgrades.

RugerOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hastings, NE
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Ruger
Member #

Welcome. Sounds like a solid platform and one that you are already familiar with. Look forward to seeing the off-road upgrades.
Thank you. I don’t know if I can break it but I’m going to try. Then we’ll see if she has what it takes.IMG_1146.JPG

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hi, and welcome to OB! What part of Nebraska are you in? I've spent a bit of time there myself (Kearney, Grand Island, then later west in Scottsbluff).

One thing I've noticed is that overlanding seems to mean different things to different people. The beauty is, they're all correct. For me, it's about the journey, the adventure, and most of all, sharing fun times and creating memories with my daughter.

We don't get out nearly as often as I'd like, but we do have fun. And the best part is, it doesn't matter what your vehicle is. You don't _have_ to go rock crawling, and you don't have to have a custom built camper/vehicle. Start with what you have, get out as a family, and make memories. As you do, you'll find things you enjoy, and probably things that you don't, and then you can start gathering tools, supplies, upgrades, whatever, but they'll be specific for what you and your family enjoy.

I'm still getting my stuff figured out. And I just got an old pop-up for my father so he can join us at times.

Nice truck. Seems perfect to me. I've been going back and forth on whether I want to go to something full size or not. I've got an itch to get another Suburban, or maybe an Excursion. Doubt I will, but that pesky itch just won't go away. :)

Have fun, and again, welcome!

Reactions: Charles E. Cheese