Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Daniel Palma

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi, Daniel here from Costa Rica.

Rig? 2012 VW Amarok BiTDI and I wouldn't say I'm experienced, but definitely not a novice. I've done quite a bit of overlanding all over my country.

Just joined the OB family and wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone.

Pura vida! (hello)
(...and bye)
(...also thanks)

Attachments

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Rig? 2012 VW Amarok BiTDI and I wouldn't say I'm experienced, but definitely not a novice. I've done quite a bit of overlanding all over my country.

Pura vida! (hello)
(...and bye)
(...also thanks)
Welcome to OB! Let us know if you have any questions.

Tyler

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Daniel Palma

Brian Noah

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi, I'm Brian.

I moved to Nashville in June from California. I want to get my daughters into overlanding/camping at a young age. My wife has no interest in it unfortunately. Every year we set goals. This year one of my goals is to "adventure with friends" at least 6 times.

I was in the Boy Scouts growing up, and have always loved camping. Backpacking specifically. Unfortunately I have flat feet, and I can only hike for a few miles before I get bad leg and foot cramps. I guess I've been overlanding without even knowing it off an on for a long time. Finding remote spots, staying for a night or two and continuing. I've done a small amount of offroading. Some with my cousin and his jeep, some with friends in the Tucson desert, some in my 85 Honda Civic in the same area... I'd say my experience is beyond novice, but only by about 5 miles. Last time I went overlanding, my travel buddy and I surprised each-other when we had a tent set up and a fire going within 10 minutes of making camp.

I'm currently driving an Acura MDX which is more than capable for what i currently need, but will be ordering a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL in a couple months.

I'd love to get a trailer with a tent, but that will have to wait. For now, a traditional tent will have to suffice.

My "rig":
IMG_1526.jpg

YslashN

Rank I

Contributor III

Hey all, name's Cole, never been really good at introducing myself SO i'll just follow the basic format for now

Rig: 2005 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift, 30" tires, just added trailering equipment
Overlanding Experience Background: I'd venture to say more novice than anything, have gone camping and whatnot all my life, multiple road trips, even wheel frequently.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

Good Evening,

My name is Juan Padilla, and I represent Wasakaka4WD, an Overland Group based in Caracas, Venezuela.

Looking forward to make new friends around the globe, share our experiences, show you our vehicles and pictures!

Juan Padilla
Wasakaka4WD
Caracas, Venezuela
Nice ARB Mobile :sunglasses: Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your adventures.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello,I'm Farang a new member.
Vehicle 2010 Toyota 2 WD pickup
Experience: With 4 WD absolutely zero. I want to educate myself here if that's okay?
I'll try to keep quiet and just read and learn. Thanks for the opportunity.
Sawadi Farang. I see you chose to be called foreigner :smile:. You live in a beautiful country and I'm sure your adventures will be spectacular. Can't wait to see the pictures of your overlanding. :sunglasses:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi, I'm Brian.

I moved to Nashville in June from California. I want to get my daughters into overlanding/camping at a young age. My wife has no interest in it unfortunately. Every year we set goals. This year one of my goals is to "adventure with friends" at least 6 times.

I was in the Boy Scouts growing up, and have always loved camping. Backpacking specifically. Unfortunately I have flat feet, and I can only hike for a few miles before I get bad leg and foot cramps. I guess I've been overlanding without even knowing it off an on for a long time. Finding remote spots, staying for a night or two and continuing. I've done a small amount of offroading. Some with my cousin and his jeep, some with friends in the Tucson desert, some in my 85 Honda Civic in the same area... I'd say my experience is beyond novice, but only by about 5 miles. Last time I went overlanding, my travel buddy and I surprised each-other when we had a tent set up and a fire going within 10 minutes of making camp.

I'm currently driving an Acura MDX which is more than capable for what i currently need, but will be ordering a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL in a couple months.

I'd love to get a trailer with a tent, but that will have to wait. For now, a traditional tent will have to suffice.

My "rig":
View attachment 47780
Welcome Brian. It looks like you'll have a nice platform to explore further with the Jeep.

Reactions: Brian Noah

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey all, name's Cole, never been really good at introducing myself SO i'll just follow the basic format for now

Rig: 2005 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift, 30" tires, just added trailering equipment
Overlanding Experience Background: I'd venture to say more novice than anything, have gone camping and whatnot all my life, multiple road trips, even wheel frequently.
Welcome. Sounds like you're a step or so above novice. :sunglasses:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

Pura vida! (hello)
(...and bye)
(...also thanks)
Welcome to OB. Look forward to seeing and reading about your experiences. I'm sure you will add a lot to the forums based on your knowledge.

NW Adventure & Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Service Branch
Army - Former
Hello, I’m Eric from Washington State.

My rig - 2005 4Runner V8 with rear lockers, Front Runner Roof Rack & Awning, ARB bumper and WARN winch and Old Man Emu suspension. We have a small off-road tear drop trailer we tow, to keep us comfortable and dry.

My wife and I love going out and exploring the back roads of the Pacific North West, taking photos and making videos as well. We also enjoy hitting the occasional event to check out the latest and greatest.

I would like to say thank you to fellow member and friend Kenneth, #6501. Ran into him the other day, and he asked if we had signed up yet or not. When I told him we were still toying with it, he said it’s a no brainer. Overland Bound has great forum with a lot of free information. The member map has a listing of all the members worldwide and it also lists any events in the area. Said, he didn’t know what we were waiting for… So that night we logged in and signed up. Thanks again Ken, this looks like it’s going to be a fun and long lasting ride!

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hello, I’m Eric from Washington State.

My rig - 2005 4Runner V8 with rear lockers, Front Runner Roof Rack & Awning, ARB bumper and WARN winch and Old Man Emu suspension. We have a small off-road tear drop trailer we tow, to keep us comfortable and dry.

My wife and I love going out and exploring the back roads of the Pacific North West, taking photos and making videos as well. We also enjoy hitting the occasional event to check out the latest and greatest.

I would like to say thank you to fellow member and friend Kenneth, #6501. Ran into him the other day, and he asked if we had signed up yet or not. When I told him we were still toying with it, he said it’s a no brainer. Overland Bound has great forum with a lot of free information. The member map has a listing of all the members worldwide and it also lists any events in the area. Said, he didn’t know what we were waiting for… So that night we logged in and signed up. Thanks again Ken, this looks like it’s going to be a fun and long lasting ride!
Hi and welcome to OB! glad you decided to go ahead and sign up.

Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures, and your rig.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Crusty Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashua, New Hampshire
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Levesque
Member #

Been part of the crew for a few weeks, here is our rig. We just painted it white and are redesigning the roof rack at the moment. It is a 1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 with the 5speed and 4x4. It’s sitting on a 2.5in lift and 31in Duck Commander All Terrains. The lightning is Auxbeam 12in Lightbars and two Auxbeam Pods. The emergency lighting is a Feniex system with Feniex T3s and a 4200mini control unit. The front bumper is a Smittybuilt Jeep bumper retrofit to the Ranger in house. The rear bumper and backrack/roofrack were custom built for this truck also in house. Rock sliders are also being designed and built in our shop. Also are about to start designing a rack for the bed to hold an awning and a RTT. We will be making a list and taking pictures of all our kit on board in the spring. Let us know what you think!!
#OB9940
Instagram: @crusty_rustys_restoration
Facebook: Crusty Rusty’s Restoration

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm Christoph
I've had a love for the outdoors and have been on many hiking and camping trips, but I'm looking for a new challenge and something to change things up a bit

Homebase: Ham, belgium
Vehicle: 2016 VW amarok
Experience: none, but eager to learnView attachment 47869

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using OB Talk mobile app
Hello from germany!
Our European community is ever growing try looking at our section!

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Been part of the crew for a few weeks, here is our rig. We just painted it white and are redesigning the roof rack at the moment. It is a 1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 with the 5speed and 4x4. It’s sitting on a 2.5in lift and 31in Duck Commander All Terrains. The lightning is Auxbeam 12in Lightbars and two Auxbeam Pods. The emergency lighting is a Feniex system with Feniex T3s and a 4200mini control unit. The front bumper is a Smittybuilt Jeep bumper retrofit to the Ranger in house. The rear bumper and backrack/roofrack were custom built for this truck also in house. Rock sliders are also being designed and built in our shop. Also are about to start designing a rack for the bed to hold an awning and a RTT. We will be making a list and taking pictures of all our kit on board in the spring. Let us know what you think!!
#OB9940
Instagram: @crusty_rustys_restoration
Facebook: Crusty Rusty’s Restoration

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Nice job on the Ranger. How do you like the 3.0 liter? I used to have a 91 4.0 liter for a company truck. It was a nice truck, though the 4wd components were a little on the weak side. Blew the plastic pieces in the auto hubs the first winter up north. Still, with the 5 speed, I sure did enjoy driving that truck.