Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial
S

SubeeBen

Good evening to all just joined on 2/05/18 . I drive a 2017 Jeep jku . Have been rock crawling since 1997 and am looking forward to getting out and meeting up with other like minded people. I am located in Alpine Ca 40 min east of San Diego & would be open to any trips or off-roading with like minded people in the area. Looking forward to hearing from anyone & loving this website so far. Thanks & cheers, Ben

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma Trd 4x4 offroad build in progress
Experience: Novice that got started a couple years ago with small overnight trips. Hope to meet some people to go on some longer expeditions.
Welcome to OB... nice truck. Looks like a great platform for a build. Enjoy and take (and share) your customizations.

Reactions: Randy Copeland

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Greetings, people. Relatively new to this Overlanding/Wheeling thing but enjoying it so far! I have been slowly updating my 04 4Runner to get ready for some multi-day camping trips into Mohave/Death Valley/Eastern Sierra/etc. Sliders go on this week. :) Cheers!View attachment 47164
That's what I'm talk'in about!!! Can't wait to get the rig "outfitted enough for now" to do some of the same. Love the pic........

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Man I hope I'm doing this right...... I'm new here, new to Forums (not sheltered, just old), and new to Overlanding. My wife Janice & I hope do be doing some overlanding in our somewhat recently purchased 2011 Ford E350 Van. Probably the best way to describe the van is that it's a partially completed, Sportsmobile'ish, work in progress. We will be attending this years Overland Expo & hope to get involved in some local events/outings as well. In fact, if I can convince my wife to let me use her 2013 Wrangler this weekend while the van is in the shop, I'm hoping to attend the "15 / 91 Rigs & Coffee" Rally Point on Saturday. REALLY looking forward to meeting some folks & becoming part of the overland community. Not sure how to go about posting a couple pics of "Da Beast", but I'll do some reading here & post them when I figure it out.
Ok, think I figured it out...... Here's a couple of pics of our work-in-progress: IMG_1701.JPG IMG_1698.JPG

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hello from north idaho. I've been off roading most of my life. I am retired now so I have time to do it full time.
My rig for now is a 2001 k2500 suburban 8.1L and 4l80e with G80 locker.
Always happy to help if someone is in the area.
Nice Suburban. I've had 3 over the years (93 1500, 99 2500 HD, 02 2500). Great trucks.

Swag Engineer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Hello, I am slowly introducing myself to Overlanding. I just purchased a stock '95 4Runner and need to get it running before I take it out. I grew up doing a lot of backpacking and car camping, so I want to combine the two. I'm hoping if I make it easier, my wife will join me, and I will go more often. I know a little about off-roading, but most of my experience is on rutted fire roads in my earlier vehicles (most of it in a VW Rabbit).

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hello, I am slowly introducing myself to Overlanding. I just purchased a stock '95 4Runner and need to get it running before I take it out. I grew up doing a lot of backpacking and car camping, so I want to combine the two. I'm hoping if I make it easier, my wife will join me, and I will go more often. I know a little about off-roading, but most of my experience is on rutted fire roads in my earlier vehicles (most of it in a VW Rabbit).
Welcome to the OB crew. I'm new to OB site as well...I also have been wheeling in the dirt/ mud for awhile...now I would like to slow down and take in the view...

Traveler I

Tigard, Oregon
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Boswell
Hi. I'm experienced in overloading by dirt bike, and now looking into doing it by truck. Seems like a tiny two-seater would be more cargo capacity than I'm used to.

I figured I'd start by doing some research before buying a rig, however, I'm leaning toward a gx470 or gx460, or Prado, as they say in the YouTube's. I'm open to any suggestions for places to start narrowing my search.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

PintSize

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corpus Christi, Texas
Member #

Newb to OB here. Here's my rig...2011 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7L 5 speed MT 4x4. She sits on Bilstien 5100s in front with OME 884x coils, Headstrong Offroad progressive AAL with Bilstein B110's in the rear. I've added bolt on sliders, fog and ditch lights, 16" TRD OR rims with 255 85 R16 BFG KM2's, Midland WX CB radio, and wired the cruise control myself. I've ventured West Texas, New Mexico, and parts of Arkansas with her so far and would love to explore more, skid plates pending! By trade I'm a geologist so I often explore with geological maps and guides. Yeah its nice to read about a rock in a book, but to get out there and touch it and understand it more is a gift.

Arkansas
26904455_10100149402304081_386486704122493763_n.jpg Padre Island National Seashore
IMG_E0936.jpg Guadalupe River Delta area, South TX

IMG_E2114.jpg About 20 miles south of Carlsbad, New Mexico
IMG_0525.jpg
Guadalupe Mountains NP- West Texas
IMG_0216.jpg
Yarborough Pass on Padre Island, TX
IMG_0453.jpg

Reactions: r_langone

CAD_19CHEROKEE-THE

Rank IV
Investor

Contributor III

Altavista, VA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4PAI
Hi, everyone I'm Cale
I have a 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee stock, im a novice my only overlanding so far was to the top of Whitetop Mountain in Virginia. just looking to find some trails with awesome views

Reactions: PintSize

Cbal37

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi All! My name is Colin. I did my first big overlanding trip at the end of December which took me from central TX (where I'm based) through western TX, NM, a small bit of AZ, UT, and CO. My rig is a 2016 4dr Wrangler. I'd say I'm somewhat experienced now and can definitely hold my own after that one large trip and countless weekend camping trips.

Here's my favorite pic from the trip - Glen Canyon NRA, UT:
IMG-0775 (1).jpg

CrazyHdave

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all,
Currently living in Western Colorado but building a 95 XJ to do some long trips, more precisely I want to see every National Park. I am a very experienced outdoorsman, a well traveled Marine, a more than proficient shade tree mechanic, and overall redneck, however this is the very beginning of my overlanding career. I am excited to hear from the veterans of this page and hopefully see you on the trail soon.

Hdave

AZcat

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arizona
Member #

Hello OB, joined up today after reading and watching on YouTube for a few months. I'm in Southern Arizona. 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with a PRG products lift. Nice daily driver and fits the family of 6 for the trips. Needed a little more space so we just picked up a M101 CDN2. I may be posting for some advice on that later.

Been camping most my life. Mostly base camping now trying to get the kids into it.IMG_20180207_074346_01.jpg 20180205_172641.jpg 20180207_075620.jpg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello OB, joined up today after reading and watching on YouTube for a few months. I'm in Southern Arizona. 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with a PRG products lift. Nice daily driver and fits the family of 6 for the trips. Needed a little more space so we just picked up a M101 CDN2. I may be posting for some advice on that later.

Been camping most my life. Mostly base camping now trying to get the kids into it.View attachment 47229 View attachment 47230 View attachment 47231
Welcome AZcat. Nice setup. I can't imagine packing for six. :dizzy: Look forward to you sharing your experiences.