HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi. I'm experienced in overloading by dirt bike, and now looking into doing it by truck. Seems like a tiny two-seater would be more cargo capacity than I'm used to.

I figured I'd start by doing some research before buying a rig, however, I'm leaning toward a gx470 or gx460, or Prado, as they say in the YouTube's. I'm open to any suggestions for places to start narrowing my search.
It seems you like Toyota.. I'd compare Toyota brand models with the Lexus brand. Both are reliable (had a Lexus sports car) and will well serve your overlanding needs.

Reactions: CoupleMoreCorners

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hello folks, checking in from Sanford FL. Lots of off-road and camping experience in California and look forward to doing more of it here on the Southeast. The above is more like a "show" jeep for our shop, also working on the wife's H3. Glad to be here. Looking forward to meeting folks here and outside.
Sweet Jeep! Welcome to the OB crew

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello folks, checking in from Sanford FL. Lots of off-road and camping experience in California and look forward to doing more of it here on the Southeast. The above is more like a "show" jeep for our shop, also working on the wife's H3. Glad to be here. Looking forward to meeting folks here and outside.
Welcome to OB!

Sent from my Z965 using OB Talk mobile app

RowdyOutside

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, Virginia
First Name
mike
Last Name
bickel
Member #

3F89EDF3-B5A2-4684-A754-8E3A4AEDA0A7.jpeg Hi everyone. Newbe to overlanding. I just started building a dinoot off-road trailer, my adventuring will start soon enough. I’ve got a couple of kiddos, live in Virginia Beach, and looking to overland with folks who don’t mind having kids around. My rig is a ‘03 Wrangler with suspension mods and a killer stereo. I look forward to meeting folks in the area. Cheers!

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Man I hope I'm doing this right...... I'm new here, new to Forums (not sheltered, just old), and new to Overlanding. My wife Janice & I hope do be doing some overlanding in our somewhat recently purchased 2011 Ford E350 Van. Probably the best way to describe the van is that it's a partially completed, Sportsmobile'ish, work in progress. We will be attending this years Overland Expo & hope to get involved in some local events/outings as well. In fact, if I can convince my wife to let me use her 2013 Wrangler this weekend while the van is in the shop, I'm hoping to attend the "15 / 91 Rigs & Coffee" Rally Point on Saturday. REALLY looking forward to meeting some folks & becoming part of the overland community. Not sure how to go about posting a couple pics of "Da Beast", but I'll do some reading here & post them when I figure it out.
Good to see another van man here - welcome!

Reactions: PintSize

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

View attachment 47268 Hi everyone. Newbe to overlanding. I just started building a dinoot off-road trailer, my adventuring will start soon enough. I’ve got a couple of kiddos, live in Virginia Beach, and looking to overland with folks who don’t mind having kids around. My rig is a ‘03 Wrangler with suspension mods and a killer stereo. I look forward to meeting folks in the area. Cheers!
Hey @RowdyOutside - welcome to OB, a fast growing, diverse, and widely dispersed group! All sorts of skill levels and experience here. You're in VA, eh? Might want to check out this thread, about a casual meet-n-greet type thing being set up for the East Region: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/ob-full-east-region-meet-and-greet.12607/

Good for you for taking your kids with when you can. You will all have memories you won't ever forget.

See you out there somewhere, someday. . .

Road

JeepGirl

Rank 0

Traveler I

Sydney
333B9701-410E-4806-8035-1C79F8C4C7E0.jpeg Hey guys

I’m from Sydney, Australia and very new to 4WDing. Looking to plan a few dream overlanding trips here in Oz and maybe a few years down the track shipping my rig overseas to enjoy some long term travel.
I have a 2017 Jeep JK Unlimited Overland which is still very new. I’ve had her for about 5 mths. As I’m sure you all know the list of mods is never ending but I’ve been fortunate to complete stage one which included:
ARB bullbar
ARB rear bar
ARB front and rear air lockers
ARB onboard air compressor
ARB Intensity spots and floods
2.5 inch lift
OME Nitro shocks and springs
Warn Zeon 10-S winch (synthetic)
Tuff T10-AT wheels
BFGoodrich AT 35 inch KO2s
I’m extremely pleased so far with the performance, we have yet to find a terrain or obstacle that we haven’t been able to conquer . I try to get out in her every weekend to explore a new trail and am looking forward to learning from you all and maybe picking up some hidden gems and suggestions on where to hit next.
Cheers
JeepGirl

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Traveler I

Chicago
Hi everyone, I'm Nick! Glad to meet y'all. I have recently discovered overlanding and am excited to start planning and trying out some trips! If anyone could recommend me some good off-road tires for my Rav4 I would be extremely grateful lol :) hard to find info on them since the market is so limited.
Rig: 2015 Rav4 XLE
Experience: VERY Novice

Attachments

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
Hello all, my name is Roben, I have a 1998 zj (I dont spot any other zjs on the forum, what gives?) And a 93 xj. I went with the ZJ for the V8 power over the 4.0 and the budget friendliness of initial investment, however aftermarket support is like that of the xj a decade ago... few and far between. Im a single income home with 3 children and my wife so upgrades are few and far between. Also since I drive what I wheel my offroading is a little more mundain than others. Thats why I like overlanding. Its not about getting there fast, or dirty, or over that rock face, its about the experience and time spent with loved ones in the beautiful out doors. As far as expierence I would say amateurish. Mostly just day trips by the lake and back.
20170930_140402.jpg 20170930_140402.jpg 20170930_105908.jpg 20180203_150321.jpg

both88s

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys! My name is Hailey and I was raised in Oregon. This is Linda my 88 4runner sr5.... my gorgeous 98% stock rig that I wouldnt sell for the world. This used to be my daily but I just bought an 2018 Corolla SE so the runner gets to rest. I travel 50-60 miles a day and the 12 MPG and wear and tear on a 30 year old car wasnt working for me. This picture was the first time this car ever saw mud and my first time driving in mud....Ill say both of us did pretty well :)
I cant wait to meet people and make new friends here.

IMG_1887.jpg

PintSize

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corpus Christi, Texas
Member #

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I love Linda!

Hey guys! My name is Hailey and I was raised in Oregon. This is Linda my 88 4runner sr5.... my gorgeous 98% stock rig that I wouldnt sell for the world. This used to be my daily but I just bought an 2018 Corolla SE so the runner gets to rest. I travel 50-60 miles a day and the 12 MPG and wear and tear on a 30 year old car wasnt working for me. This picture was the first time this car ever saw mud and my first time driving in mud....Ill say both of us did pretty well :)
I cant wait to meet people and make new friends here.

View attachment 47332

Reactions: both88s

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #