Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi, I'm Alex I live in Statesville NC. I moved here 2yrs ago from Miami FL, I have been off-roading in South Florida for several years. My experience is different from what I see here. I'm used to swamps lots of mud and a lot of flat trails. (Everything is very flat!) I'm new to the overland scene and can't wait to get out there and enjoy nature!
Hi Alex and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: 305 XJ

Arn_Lux

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Alesund, Norway
First Name
Arne
Last Name
Hoymer
Member #

Hey All!
Arne from Norway and new to the site and a novice overlander.
Hope get some experience and tips from this page and eventually keep on expending my rig.
Driving my second Hilux: a 2010 Toyota Hilux D-Cab that i have owned for 2,5 years.
Under going some modifications at the moment but will post some pictures as soon i'm done :blush:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey All!
Hope get some experience and tips from this page and eventually keep on expending my rig.
Driving my second Hilux: a 2010 Toyota Hilux D-Cab that i have owned for 2,5 years.
Under going some modifications at the moment but will post some pictures as soon i'm done :blush:
Hi Arn Lux and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

antangil

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntsville, Alabama
Member #

Hi, Overland Bound!

I'm Ian Maddox, living in Huntsville Alabama. Found this site a few weeks ago and kept coming back - I'm starting to set up a rig to support a peculiar subset of the overlanding genre. My wife is an ultra-marathon runner, and I'm the crew chief; I meet her at various points along a 50-100mile route, quickly set up an aid station, feed/clothe/etc. when she comes through, then pack everything up and hustle to the next point. Plan is to be able to camp at the start line the night before, then be able to run this mobile support station for the next 30 hours as I drive around.

The car we're starting from is a 2018 WK2 Trailhawk (my wife's daily driver). A Gobi Rack is on order (12 more weeks to go), followed by a dizzying pile of stuff. Goal is to be able to go from pulling up to an aid point to cooking hot food under shelter inside of 10 minutes, so speed is of the essence.

I've been supporting her in these races for a couple of years now out of a Subaru WRX, but we've always stayed in hotels - as her races get further and further away from civilization, that's ceased to be an option - and now that we're going to be out in the woods, we want to be able to enjoy it. :)

SantaFeTrail

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kansas City, KS
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Zolotor
Member #

Greetings Overlanders! I'm Dennis and my wife of 25 years is Dolores. We're novices and excited to get into this sport. We live in KC, KS, but Dolores is from ABQ, hence the Santa Fe Trail name that connected us (although we met in New Orleans - that's a great campfire story). Our rigs are a 2006 Tundra Limited and a 1999 Landcruiser. We're leaning towards equipping the LC, as there doesn't seem to be as mach after market gear for the Tundra. We're open to advice and suggestions.

Last edited:

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hey All!
Welcome Arne glad your here!

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Greetings Overlanders! I'm Dennis and my wife of 25 years is Dolores. We're novices and excited to get into this sport. We live in KC, KS, but Dolores is from ABQ, hence the Santa Fe Trail name that connected us (although we met in New Orleans - that's a great campfire story). Our rigs are a 2006 Tundra Limited and a 1999 Landcruiser. We're leaning towards equipping the LC, as there doesn't seem to be as mach after market gear for the Tundra. We're open to advice and suggestions.
Welcome to OB!

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hi, I'm Alex I live in Statesville NC. I moved here 2yrs ago from Miami FL, I have been off roading in South Florida for several years. My experience is different from what I see here. I'm used to swamps lots of mud and alot of flat trail's. (Everything is very flat!) I'm new to the overland scene and can't wait to get out there and enjoy nature!
Welcome Alex glad your a part of the OB crew!

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hi, Overland Bound!

I'm Ian Maddox, living in Huntsville Alabama. Found this site a few weeks ago and kept coming back - I'm starting to set up a rig to support a peculiar subset of the overlanding genre. My wife is an ultra-marathon runner, and I'm the crew chief; I meet her at various points along a 50-100mile route, quickly set up an aid station, feed/clothe/etc. when she comes through, then pack everything up and hustle to the next point. Plan is to be able to camp at the start line the night before, then be able to run this mobile support station for the next 30 hours as I drive around.

The car we're starting from is a 2018 WK2 Trailhawk (my wife's daily driver). A Gobi Rack is on order (12 more weeks to go), followed by a dizzying pile of stuff. Goal is to be able to go from pulling up to an aid point to cooking hot food under shelter inside of 10 minutes, so speed is of the essence.

I've been supporting her in these races for a couple of years now out of a Subaru WRX, but we've always stayed in hotels - as her races get further and further away from civilization, that's ceased to be an option - and now that we're going to be out in the woods, we want to be able to enjoy it. :)
Welcome Ian! please post your progress on your build.

MatthewDandy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moreno Valley, CA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Perez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0RCO
Matthew here...

1) I'll have to take one.
2) Moreno Valley, CA
3) Toyota Tacoma - 2000 PreRummer
4) Been playing in the dirt on wheels simce I was 15. Mostly in Borrego Springs and a myriad of Forest Seevice Roads here in the Western States and a little in Alberta, Canada. I know just enough not to get always get stuck... but when I do, I do it VERY well.

amont77

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Boston, MA
Member #

DSCF0341.jpg Hi, OB!

Reporting from Somerville, Massachusetts! I've been trying to find my way into the overlanding lifestyle, it's been hard to find groups in the North East that have that specific interest. Most that I find are just jeep and off-roading groups.

I've been slowly building up and restoring a 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited with the factory E-locker and 225k on the odometer. I bought it in Florida with a full history of maintenance records and zero rust on the chassis. It's been a fun and reliable rig so far and can't wait to do more trips with it!

krs1

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Bay, California
Member #

Hello everyone,

I’m Kris. I live in the Bay Area of California. I’ve been lurking the OB scene here for years now. 3 weeks ago I bought a 2018 4Runner (car I wanted since I was 8 years old) so I decided I’d finally stop lurking and actually sign up.

I have no experience but I grew up camping a ton and have spent years riding all over California and Mexico camping from my motorcycle. Not planning on going full hard core Overlander but I am really looking forward to learning new stuff, making some memories camping with my family and meeting good people.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone,

I’m Kris. I live in the Bay Area of California. I’ve been lurking the OB scene here for years now. 3 weeks ago I bought a 2018 4Runner (car I wanted since I was 8 years old) so I decided I’d finally stop lurking and actually sign up.

I have no experience but I grew up camping a ton and have spent years riding all over California and Mexico camping from my motorcycle. Not planning on going full hard core Overlander but I am really looking forward to learning new stuff, making some memories camping with my family and meeting good people.
Welcome to OB Kris! Go at your own pace, have fun, be safe and ABSOLUTELY involve you family!

Sent from my Z965 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: krs1

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hello everyone and thanks for allowing me to join up with you all :)

A quick question: What form of communication do you all prefer for phone app and Social Media access?

I am Retired and just sick of my stagnant life. Time to build a fire under my bottom and seek out some adventure. I never have like the flat land, but much prefer places less accessible. Where a bit of a challenge with a certain amount of risk might be involved. The black stripped ribbon of straight hiway puts me to sleep and that just isn't what I call adventure. I want to get up in the hills and do a little prospecting for gems and precious metals, more of a hobby than a get rich scheme :)

My last rig was purely a flatlander and since it blew up I now have many options open. I currently have a 1997 Dodge Ram 3500 with the 5.9 intercooled turbo diesel, 5-speed and 4x4. But it needs lots of work like a complete engine rebuild and new clutch. I have it listed For Sale as is and am trying to get the funds together for a 1999 Toyota 4Runner Highlander with 5-speed and rear E-Locker. I found one and just selling a few older projects to make enough to close that deal.

Glad to be part of such an amazing group, let me know if I can be of service :)
Large Shop near Hugo, OK 74743
Hey there Eliyahu YHWH - welcome to OB, a fast growing, widely dispersed, and very diverse group of folk.

I get down through your part of OK a couple times a year, usually, and would be happy to help you shed the stagnant feeling, even if just getting together over coffee. Love to see your shop, too, as I always enjoy seeing what other people do in setting up and using a shop.

Pull up a chair and make yourself to home; there's a lot here of varying interest and quality to wade through!

Road