• HTML tutorial

Sojourn Overlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New York
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Brand new member here and total Overland Newbie.... Located outside of NYC (Westchester border).... I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado (crew cab with Leer Cap). My goal is to go out as much as possible and try to get the truck "overland worthy" without spending too much $$$ - Would like to get roof rack (possibly with tent), lights, etc...
Looking to learn and get advice from all of you, make some new acquaintances and hopefully new friends along the way.
Picking up HAM radio as well (if anyone's willing to help :-) )

Be Safe!!

Julien-

Reactions: Burque Outbound

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Brand new member here and total Overland Newbie.... Located outside of NYC (Westchester border).... I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado (crew cab with Leer Cap). My goal is to go out as much as possible and try to get the truck "overland worthy" without spending too much $$$ - Would like to get roof rack (possibly with tent), lights, etc...
Looking to learn and get advice from all of you, make some new acquaintances and hopefully new friends along the way.

Be Safe!!

Julien-
Hi Julien and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Be Safe!!

Julien-
Welcome to the group

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Be Safe!!

Julien-
Hi Julien, and welcome to OB. The beauty of overlanding is you don't have to have anything specific. Use what you like, are comfortable with, and enjoy. It's the journey, enjoying the outdoors, and friends you'll make along the way. Have fun, stay safe, above all, enjoy the journey.

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

View attachment 45737 View attachment 45738

Current Rig: 2004 Jeep Wrangler - 4" Lift, Fox 2.0 Shocks, Goodyear MTR Kevlar Tires, Kargo Master Congo Cage, Kargo Master XL Safari Basket.
Overlanding Experience: Limited experience Overlanding, but have been camping for most of my life.

1st pic is how the rig currently sits. 2nd pic was the weekend I brought it home.
Good looking rig. Welcome to the club from a fellow East Texan.

Reactions: CDE and Gastonmr

William Jones

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello, I am Will from Panama City Florida.
In 2007 I purchased a brand new FJ Cruiser however the good times in that only lasted a short 2 years before the x made me get rid of it to buy a Volvo :)

Currently I am driving a 2017 Gen5 Toyota 4Runner 4x4
It is listed as an SR5 with the XP package, it also has the FULL TRD PRO suspension, shocks with reserves, 2" lift etc.

I have a list of about 10 or so items that I would like to add/modify to the truck. This is only the beginning and I am looking forward to the progress.

Thank you in advance for any help that I may require.

-Will

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

In 2007 I purchased a brand new FJ Cruiser however the good times in that only lasted a short 2 years before the x made me get rid of it to buy a Volvo :)

It is listed as an SR5 with the XP package, it also has the FULL TRD PRO suspension, shocks with reserves, 2" lift etc.

I have a list of about 10 or so items that I would like to add/modify to the truck. This is only the beginning and I am looking forward to the progress.

-Will
Hi Will and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Cavalry_pro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los angeles
Member #

-Will
Welcome! Would love to see pic of the rig

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hi,
Found the forum googling ”overlanding scandinavia”, you seem to have a subsection for the nordics.
I’m into outdoor sports, Land Rovers and sailing (which is a much more accessible way of ”overlanding” here) with the family. Looking into possibilities for overlanding in Finland and Scandinavia.

Rigs
’82 Land Rover S3 109 Stage One V8 (looong project)
’86 Land Rover 110 tdi 200 (engine conversion under way)
’02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
’14 Land Rover Freelander 2 (my wifes, it’s great!)
Location, Southern Finland
Hey there. Welcome to OB. It' always good to see new members (especially Land Rover owners). I have a Defender 90 which I love to bits. So you're from Finland eh. That' somewhere I've not been to. I went on a Norwegian Cruise for my honeymoon 2 years ago and loved it. I have been pricing up how much it would be to drive up there from the UK. Maybe I'll plan dome stops in Finland too.

Anyway enjoy OB. It' a very welcoming site with many individuals with plenty of knowledge and experience

Again welcome

Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

Koebes

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Paulding, OH 45879, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3OTL
Hello All......
Name : Steve
Rig: 1997 Chevy Tahoe , 2 Door, 4x4, 6.5 Turbo Diesel OEM ( rare combo )
2001 Toyota Tundra 4.7, Double cab, 4x4
Past Rigs: CJ5, 304 V8, 3 speed ...... wish I still had that Rig !!
Jeep Wrangler...... good Rig but not as fun as my CJ5!
Overland Experience: Not much.....newbie! Looking forward to getting out there!

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
Hi all. I'm Chris, I drive a '79 CJ5. I'm from NE Kansas. Definitely on the small size for overland. But I was looking for something simple to eventually teach the kids how to wrench and drive. In the mean while (kids are little), I'm looking to hone my overland skills.

Attachments

Notedhillbilly

Rank III

Advocate II

Hi all. I'm Chris, I drive a '79 CJ5. I'm from NE Kansas. Definitely on the small size for overland. But I was looking for something simple to eventually teach the kids how to wrench and drive. In the mean while (kids are little), I'm looking to hone my overland skills.
Awesome! I'm building a YJ with three little ones. Nice rig!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk