Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

rltennal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hello OB... This Ray from Washington (originally Flagstaff, Arizona)

I have two rigs for these adventure, a 98 Ford Ranger with a leveling kit. This has been my primary rig for near two decades. I recently bought a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ. Currently its in pieces.

Thanks to "Iamjake" for reintroducing me to OB thru his video blog.

I'm looking forward to getting involved with OB

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello OB... This Ray from Washington (originally Flagstaff, Arizona)

I have two rigs for these adventure, a 98 Ford Ranger with a leveling kit. This has been my primary rig for near two decades. I recently bought a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ. Currently its in pieces.

Thanks to "Iamjake" for reintroducing me to OB thru his video blog.

I'm looking forward to getting involved with OB
Hi Ray and welcome to OB! I'm glad to have encouraged you to be part of the OB crew! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Joshy-Z

Rank 0

Traveler I

AZ
What's going on OVERLANDERS!!??

Rig: Dont't have one yet but I foresee a 4runner.
Experience: watching YouTube :)

Randolph_Actual

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Canton, Georgia
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Randolph
Member #

Hey everyone!

I'm from Canton, Georgia.
I've got a 96 Jeep ZJ 5.2 v8 on a 3.5" lift. I just bought some new 33" tires but I'm running 30's right now.
I've been offroading and mudding for a while but I'm new to the whole overlanding scene.
I camp and hike frequently and love to be outside. If anyone is ever in the area, hit me up and we'll hit a trail.

tomahawk87

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
Hi all! Excited to be a part of this community.
Rig.. 2000 Jeep Cherokee xj, my profile pic.
Love the outdoors, hunt, camp, hike, fish, kickin it.
Experience, Badlands Indiana, Daniel boon national Forest, black hills SD and Hoosier national Forest, plus mud holes and back roads in between.
Glad I found this group of like minded individuals.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone!

I've got a 96 Jeep ZJ 5.2 v8 on a 3.5" lift. I just bought some new 33" tires but I'm running 30's right now.
I've been offroading and mudding for a while but I'm new to the whole overlanding scene.
I camp and hike frequently and love to be outside. If anyone is ever in the area, hit me up and we'll hit a trail.
Hi BetsyRossZJ and welcome to OB! Nice looking ZJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all! Excited to be a part of this community.
Rig.. 2000 Jeep Cherokee xj, my profile pic.
Love the outdoors, hunt, camp, hike, fish, kickin it.
Experience, Badlands Indiana, Daniel boon national Forest, black hills SD and Hoosier national Forest, plus mud holes and back roads in between.
Glad I found this group of like minded individuals.
Hi Joshua and welcome to OB! Nice looking XJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Monsignor

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Prosper, TX
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanders!

New guy here... OK I'll play by the rules...:
  • Photo of my vehicle is forthcoming..
  • Location - North of Dallas, Texas
  • Rig - 2009 Land Cruiser (physically stock - have upgraded on-road lighting and interior lighting to all LED).
    • Future mods include suspension upgrade (OMU), roof rack, front bar, and off-road lighting.
  • Experience - something between novice and expert? Very into road trips and such sans camping (so far). "Camping" thus far has consisted of rental cabins and 3-Star hotels...

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanders!

New guy here... OK I'll play by the rules...:
  • Photo of my vehicle is forthcoming..
  • Location - North of Dallas, Texas
  • Rig - 2009 Land Cruiser (physically stock - have upgraded on-road lighting and interior lighting to all LED).
    • Future mods include suspension upgrade (OMU), roof rack, front bar, and off-road lighting.
  • Experience - something between novice and expert? Very into road trips and such sans camping (so far). "Camping" thus far has consisted of rental cabins and 3-Star hotels...
Hello Monsignor and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Monsignor

Gordonmedia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buford,GA
First Name
Ronnie
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Hey everyone!

Welcome from Buford,GA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

X Ranger

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pascagoula, Mississippi
Member #

New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.

X Ranger

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pascagoula, Mississippi
Member #

Hello, Still finding my way around this site so please excuse my mistakes in posting. I've been overlanding for 4 yrs now all solo. My rig is a 2014 Jeep JKU with a 2.5 JKS lift and natto AT 33's Other modifications include winch bumper and all recovery gear (except farm jack, dont' have one not interested) duel batteries, roto- packs, x-bull traction. I've modified the interior so I can stretch out and sleep in the vehicle. I bought the rig new and have already got 80 K on it so I've been rolling solo for quite a while. When I can figure out how to post a picture I will. I've been following the youtube site for quite a while now, hoping my membership will lead to some group adventures. I'm planning a trip end of next month (feb 2017) to west Texas, (Padre NS, Tralingua, Marfa etc) and on in to Death Valley. Any tips or local knowledge would be appreciated.

Reactions: Aidan

Hoodlumpr

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pittsburgh, PA
Member #

Hey there,
My name is Phil and I am from Pittsburgh, PA. I'm currently driving a 2013 Nissan Xterra (pictured below) and while I've done a ton of camping, overlanding is pretty new to me.

Reactions: sil80s13

Aidan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello, Still finding my way around this site so please excuse my mistakes in posting. I've been overlanding for 4 yrs now all solo. My rig is a 2014 Jeep JKU with a 2.5 JKS lift and natto AT 33's Other modifications include winch bumper and all recovery gear (except farm jack, dont' have one not interested) duel batteries, roto- packs, x-bull traction. I've modified the interior so I can stretch out and sleep in the vehicle. I bought the rig new and have already got 80 K on it so I've been rolling solo for quite a while. When I can figure out how to post a picture I will. I've been following the youtube site for quite a while now, hoping my membership will lead to some group adventures. I'm planning a trip end of next month (feb 2017) to west Texas, (Padre NS, Tralingua, Marfa etc) and on in to Death Valley. Any tips or local knowledge would be appreciated.
What's up! This group is doing a DV trip , but is full. I am interested in doing this trip or an abbreviated version of it. Let me know what dates you are thinking in Feb
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/spring-break-2018-death-valley-overland-trip-planning-march-25-29-03-25-2018.10455/

LandCruisinMy93

Rank II

Member I

Springfield, OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Service Branch
U.S.M.C
Hello Overland Bounder's I'm Steve. I spend most all of my time over on the iH8mud forum under the same screen name. I currently reside in Springfield, OR. I have a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser (FZJ80). My 80 was purchased with no modifications other than some 285/75R16's on Tacoma steel wheels. Since its original purchase I have piled on the pounds and the miles in my pursuit of off-road prowess and happiness. My 80 series has a home-built front plate bumper with a warn XRC10000 winch, full length sliders, a home-built rear plate bumper which incorporates a tow receiver as well as a swing-out tire carrier. The Land Cruiser rides on 5" Heavy lift coils, Bilstein 7100 series remote reservoir shocks and a 3-link front suspension. I have Longfield Chromoly front axles and birfields, powerstop 360 brae rotors, 100 series brake pads and 40x13.50R17 Toyo open country M/T tires on Procomp rock crusher wheels with custom backspacing. I have done too many upgrades and modifications to list including a Mercedes OM606 diesel swap with a Toyota 5 speed and an fj62 manual shift transfer case. If anyone is interested in checking that out you know where to look. I started out with the intention of building an overlanding/ camping/ hunting vehicle and ended up overshooting it by a country mile in my own personal opinion; but I still use it for these things.
My official overlanding experience is pretty limited. I am used to camping and exploring new destinations in vehicles but have done only a few trips that involved outfitting my vehicle for any duration. I generally go on day long 4 wheeling trips with friends, once a year we go on trips that involve camping for several days. While most of them pitch tents I sleep in my land cruiser, I do the same when I go hunting. If I'm being honest most of the driving and exploring I've done over the years has always been in my car, no my 4 wheel drive vehicles. I cant count the number of hairy situations I found myself in when exploring new hiking destinations or camping locations in a front wheel drive car. That is the reason I bought my land cruiser. I meant it to be an overlanding and light 4-wheeling vehicle but it turned into a bit of a monstrosity. I am now considering buying an additional land cruiser and making it strictly a camping/overlanding vehicle and possibly my new daily driver. If and when that day comes I will be sure to let the community know. Thank you for Reading and stay safe.

Attachments

SagWagon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to be here from Portland, OR! I have a 2018 Tacoma TRD OR. I'm brand new to overlanding, so I'm going to learn as much as I can!

upload_2018-1-16_17-17-53.jpeg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Overland Bounder's I'm Steve. I spend most all of my time over on the iH8mud forum under the same screen name. I currently reside in Springfield, OR. I have a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser (FZJ80). My 80 was purchased with no modifications other than some 285/75R16's on Tacoma steel wheels. Since its original purchase I have piled on the pounds and the miles in my pursuit of off-road prowess and happiness. My 80 series has a home-built front plate bumper with a warn XRC10000 winch, full length sliders, a home-built rear plate bumper which incorporates a tow receiver as well as a swing-out tire carrier. The Land Cruiser rides on 5" Heavy lift coils, Bilstein 7100 series remote reservoir shocks and a 3-link front suspension. I have Longfield Chromoly front axles and birfields, powerstop 360 brae rotors, 100 series brake pads and 40x13.50R17 Toyo open country M/T tires on Procomp rock crusher wheels with custom backspacing. I have done too many upgrades and modifications to list including a Mercedes OM606 diesel swap with a Toyota 5 speed and an fj62 manual shift transfer case. If anyone is interested in checking that out you know where to look. I started out with the intention of building an overlanding/ camping/ hunting vehicle and ended up overshooting it by a country mile in my own personal opinion; but I still use it for these things.
My official overlanding experience is pretty limited. I am used to camping and exploring new destinations in vehicles but have done only a few trips that involved outfitting my vehicle for any duration. I generally go on day long 4 wheeling trips with friends, once a year we go on trips that involve camping for several days. While most of them pitch tents I sleep in my land cruiser, I do the same when I go hunting. If I'm being honest most of the driving and exploring I've done over the years has always been in my car, no my 4 wheel drive vehicles. I cant count the number of hairy situations I found myself in when exploring new hiking destinations or camping locations in a front wheel drive car. That is the reason I bought my land cruiser. I meant it to be an overlanding and light 4-wheeling vehicle but it turned into a bit of a monstrosity. I am now considering buying an additional land cruiser and making it strictly a camping/overlanding vehicle and possibly my new daily driver. If and when that day comes I will be sure to let the community know. Thank you for Reading and stay safe.
Hi Steve and welcome to OB! Nice looking Land Cruiser! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!