• HTML tutorial

KenRonni

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ken and I've been snooping around overlandbound the last few weeks getting ideas for a new JK Wrangler unlimited my wife and I ordered for overlanding, it's due at our dealership any day now.
For the last 11 years we have been utilizing our 2002 2500 8.1 Suburban we built together. We are both looking forward to hanging around here and picking up all the tips and tricks for our new overland vehicle. Reno, NV

Screenshot_2018-01-13-15-21-11.png Screenshot_2018-01-13-15-21-35.png Screenshot_2018-01-13-15-37-52.png

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ken and I've been snooping around overlandbound the last few weeks getting ideas for a new JK Wrangler unlimited my wife and I ordered for overlanding, it's due at our dealership any day now.
For the last 11 years we have been utilizing our 2002 2500 8.1 Suburban we built together. We are both looking forward to hanging around here and picking up all the tips and tricks for our new overland vehicle. Reno, NV

View attachment 44766 View attachment 44768 View attachment 44772
Hi Ken and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Ready6delta

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Va
First Name
JACOB
Last Name
MYERS
Member #

Hey everyone my name is Jacob and I am from the Great Pacific North West originally but currently out in Northern Virginia(NOVA) area. I have been following OB for a while now and decided to finally join. I am no stranger to the outdoors and camping, hiking, fishing etc. My wife and I love to travel and have finally returned from overseas and been able to take advantage of our vehicles more.
Got a 2014 DCSB Tacoma that is slowly turning into the vehicle for adventure I want. Soon to have a 4 runner for the wife and hook that up similar to the truck so we can run together and explore. Looking to learn and share information and have some fun. Hope to see some of you out there on the trails or craft breweries.

Reactions: Adam&Jess

John R

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alexandria KY USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Rodarte
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6IWV
Gary, nice K5, once upon a time I had a 1972 K5. You should have a lot of fun decking yours out. Great to see some full size rigs.
JohnR

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone my name is Jacob and I am from the Great Pacific North West originally but currently out in Northern Virginia(NOVA) area. I have been following OB for a while now and decided to finally join. I am no stranger to the outdoors and camping, hiking, fishing etc. My wife and I love to travel and have finally returned from overseas and been able to take advantage of our vehicles more.
Got a 2014 DCSB Tacoma that is slowly turning into the vehicle for adventure I want. Soon to have a 4 runner for the wife and hook that up similar to the truck so we can run together and explore. Looking to learn and share information and have some fun. Hope to see some of you out there on the trails or craft breweries.
Hi Jacob and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Traveler I

Texas
Hello!
We’re in south Texas and planning our first 10 day trip heading weat through southern Colorado and Utah. We are going in early May. Any advise, must see or don’t go’s would be much appreciated. currently working on mapping out routes and camps.

NMTaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Albuquerque New Mexico
Member #

If you come I-10 to Fort StocktonTx and turn north a must stop is the Carlsbad caverns and Roswell Alien meuseum ( if you’re into that sort of thing). If you’re coming through I-10 Junction Tx, (Tx-87 from junction to Lubbock) and then NM 60 from Muleshoe Tx to Santa Rosa NM a must stop is the Billy the kid museum and grave site in Ft Summer NM. From there head North on either Nm 285 to Santa Fe where there’s a bunch of cool stuff to see or head west into Albuquerque. Not too much to see there and definitely lock your rig up.

Once in Northern NM there’s Chaco Canyon, Bandalier state park, goose lake in Red Red River and Angel fire.

I hope this helps, if you need any more information just let me know and I can help out.

Robert

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello!
We’re in south Texas and planning our first 10 day trip heading weat through southern Colorado and Utah. We are going in early May. Any advise, must see or don’t go’s would be much appreciated. currently working on mapping out routes and camps.
Hi 10-42 Adventures and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Member #

Hello!

I'm James and from Chapel Hill, NC. I'm a total newbie to 4 wheel overlanding but have been fortunate to do a lot on 2 wheels. Much of that has been on asphalt but as of the last decade or so, its been all dirt. I've often wished I could somehow include my wife on the many sites I've seen and I believe this is it!

I just retired and my wife retires later this year so I'm thinking now is the time. I have a '16 Tacoma TRD Offroad, access cab and long bed. My wife drives a '07 4Runner and is really liking the newer TRD Pro. Neither is built out as of now but the process is about to begin.

Guess this should have been a new post, oh well..........

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello!

I'm James and from Chapel Hill, NC. I'm a total newbie to 4 wheel overlanding but have been fortunate to do a lot on 2 wheels. Much of that has been on asphalt but as of the last decade or so, its been all dirt. I've often wished I could somehow include my wife on the many sites I've seen and I believe this is it!

I just retired and my wife retires later this year so I'm thinking now is the time. I have a '16 Tacoma TRD Offroad, access cab and long bed. My wife drives a '07 4Runner and is really liking the newer TRD Pro. Neither is built out as of now but the process is about to begin.

Guess this should have been a new post, oh well..........
Hi James and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Blue Wolf

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corte Madera, Ca.
Member #

IMG_0810.jpg Hi all. This is Blue Wolf and this is my rig 2006 Toyota Tundra, 3" Toytec lift, Fuel Anza wheels and 33" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Born and raised in The City and got hooked on the great outdoors in high school and used to do a bunch of wheelin and been camping ever since. Got the bug back to go wheelin. I needed all new shocks and tires and decided to turn it up a notch. I"m in NorCal and want to go on some trips and but the wife won't let me go by myself so here I am.

Reactions: Gordonmedia

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 44886 Hi all. This is Blue Wolf and this is my rig 2006 Toyota Tundra, 3" Toytec lift, Fuel Anza wheels and 33" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Born and raised in The City and got hooked on the great outdoors in high school and used to do a bunch of wheelin and been camping ever since. Got the bug back to go wheelin. I needed all new shocks and tires and decided to turn it up a notch. I"m in NorCal and want to go on some trips and but the wife won't let me go by myself so here I am.
Hi Blue Wolf and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tundra! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

BenditoMonte

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nogales, Sonora
Member #

Good morning everyone and greetings from Mexico

we are a family of four, my wife, our chihuahua (Kotty), our german shephard (Angus) and me.
1) we are located in the state of Sonora in northern Mexico
2) we drive a 05 Nissan Xterra off road
3) we are pretty much overlanding noobs, with a few weekend trips, although we have driven all the way to to Whsitler Canada.

we love and respect nature and try to enjoy it as much as we can, glad to join the community.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Good morning everyone and greetings from Mexico

we are a family of four, my wife, our chihuahua (Kotty), our german shephard (Angus) and me.
1) we are located in the state of Sonora in northern Mexico
2) we drive a 05 Nissan Xterra off road
3) we are pretty much overlanding noobs, with a few weekend trips, although we have driven all the way to to Whsitler Canada.

we love and respect nature and try to enjoy it as much as we can, glad to join the community.
Hi BenditoMonte and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Hey,
New member here.
I just sold my 2001 Toyota Sequoia and bought a 2017 Subaru Outback Base. In Wilderness green. I went with base because it is the only model that doesn't have Animal skin on the seats or the steering wheel. I am about to purchase new rims and AT tires because I own a off grid cabin that is a 1/2 mile off the road in the woods. Looking at 245/65-17 tires. The cabin is 2-1/2 hours from home and the gas savings was a huge decision maker when I was deciding to get another Sequoia.
Hope to post pictures with the new rims and tires
Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your adventures and seeing your new rims and tires.

Reactions: Gordonmedia

Tim P

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Hi all. Tim here, checking in from Upstate NY!

I rock an old 3rd gen 4Runner as my dedicated trail rig, and drive a 5th gen 4Runner as my daily. (I'm convinced that I'll be a Toyota/Lexus owner for the rest of my life.)

This year will be my 3rd year wheeling, and I'm excited to see where the adventures will take me in 2018! So far, I've already snagged my spot for VOR in September and it'll be my 2nd time at the event.

received_814262894996.jpeg

Reactions: John.Bezek

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all. Tim here, checking in from Upstate NY!

I rock an old 3rd gen 4Runner as my dedicated trail rig, and drive a 5th gen 4Runner as my daily. (I'm convinced that I'll be a Toyota/Lexus owner for the rest of my life.)

This year will be my 3rd year wheeling, and I'm excited to see where the adventures will take me in 2018! So far, I've already snagged my spot for VOR in September and it'll be my 2nd time at the event.

View attachment 44907
Hi Tim and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!