Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey all. I'm brand new on the forum and located in Middle Tennessee. I've got a pretty basic rig in my 2002 4Runner, but I love it! I'm looking forward to adding on to it and improving it more in time. It's such a great machine.

I've done a few local trails in the Upper Cumberland area but will be expanding my reach after the first of the year. Will be having some pics and videos soon.

I'm looking forward to learning from, growing with, and exploring more in this great community.
Hi Ridge Runner and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all! Totally new to overlanding and can't wait to get my feet wet :) and my wallet empty :(

1. View attachment 42385
2. Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3. 2010 Nissan Xterra
4. Experience: Mucked around on a friends acreage in the past before but didn't really know what I was doing. Took my first rip through Waiparous area (in picture above) this past week and heard angels sing. Looking forward to learning and building up my rig.

If anyone in the Alberta area wants to go grab a beer, I'm always up for a well poured pint!
Hi tlaw and welcome to OB! Nice looking Xterra! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: tlaw

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone, growing up in East Texas my only idea of "off-roading" was getting stuck off in a some mud hole while drinking cheap beer, it just never appealed to me. It was not until I recently bought a completely stock 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser that I discovered the world of "Overlanding" it was like a light switched inside of me and I can't drive down a back road with out looking at every dirt drive way or pasture path without a longing to turn off and get lost all by myself. Looking forward to learning all I can from the experienced people on this forum. View attachment 42387
Hi Willmh3 and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Received my badge today! #8956.
New to overlanding (novice). Bought a 2015 Nissan Frontier and am slowly outfitting it. So far, I've made it a little taller and stuck some BFG A/T's under it, soft top, roof rack, and lights. Next getting a rack built to go around the soft top so I can put a roof top tent. Looking to do some exploring around Oregon next year.View attachment 42389
Hi Brent and welcome to OB! Nice looking Frontier! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Gerald G.

Rank 0

Traveler I

1) proper photo coming soon
2) Union City, CA
3) 2017 Toyota Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
4) Novice - first 4wd truck. had a single-cab toyota mini-truck that has never been offroad, but took my old Audi a4 offroading in the delta :grinning:

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

1) proper photo coming soon
2) Union City, CA
3) 2017 Toyota Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
4) Novice - first 4wd truck. had a single-cab toyota mini-truck that has never been offroad, but took my old Audi a4 offroading in the delta :grinning:
Hello Gerald and welcome to the OB crew..happy to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

1) not too recent picture of my rig
2) Rheinland Pfalz (Germany, I'm AD USAF)
3) Rig (2014, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk )
4) Novice - Though I'm super excited to learn!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..nice looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures..thank you for your service and sacrifice

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

1) Picture posted
2) curently out of columbus georgia but my home is in tennessee and i am from north idaho. Were an army family!
3) we curently have a 2017 subaru forester
I have had two jeeps recently and my first rig was a 1987 gmc s15 (rest its soul)
4) I began wheeling 18 years ago as an escape. I love traveling and living out of the car ( the first day we owned the subaru it went 10 days 9 states, from tennessee to colorado and back) we plan on transforming the subaru and one day completing the transcontinental trail with the kid. 20171211_175222.jpg

Cam Arnold

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Everyone,

My name Cam and I am up in Beautiful British Columbia Canada in a little town called Chilliwack. I am the owner of a small growing Offroad parts & Accessories business "Fraser Valley Off Road".
My Rig is a 2013 F150 fx4 with a custom RTT rack and Tepui Kukenam.
5.0 Coyote, E locker in the rear.
Hoping to get the 6.5' Leitner Designs Rack in the next year and maybe a bigger RTT.

If anyone has any pointers for gear to pack with me feel free to message me.

Will be making a trip down through the states in the spring/summer. Stopping in Long Beach, Washington at a big truck meet and continuing down to San diego maybe Mexico for a little bit. Would love to meet a few fellow members along the way!

Cheers,
Cam Arnold

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Everyone,

My name Cam and I am up in Beautiful British Columbia Canada in a little town called Chilliwack. I am the owner of a small growing Offroad parts & Accessories business "Fraser Valley Off Road".
Hoping to get the 6.5' Leitner Designs Rack in the next year and maybe a bigger RTT.

Will be making a trip down through the states in the spring/summer. Stopping in Long Beach, Washington at a big truck meet and continuing down to San diego maybe Mexico for a little bit. Would love to meet a few fellow members along the way!

Cheers,
Cam Arnold
Hi Cam and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Cam Arnold

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Cheers,
Cam Arnold
Love the tent

Reactions: Frontier Overland

KeeK

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

hey folks, I'm retiring from active duty in Jan of 18 and heading out on a big fat road trip! First to Death Valley and Mohave, then Grand Canyon. After that up to Utah where I have e few planned spots but I'm looking for the "roads less traveled" and I'm guessing this is a good place to start. I'll be hitting Zion, Bryce and of course Moab... anybody got any suggestions? I'll be pulling the rig in my photo.
Thanks!

IdahoDan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Boise, ID
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Engelbreit
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Dan and I live in Boise, ID with my wife and 2 kids. I have a 2004 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4 and a 2002 Ford E-350 4x4 home-built camper van. I have been "off-roading" ever since I first got my license, but after many years and many different vehicles, I have really come to enjoy the "overlanding" aspect of adventure. I love getting out and exploring with my family!

I'm looking forward to meeting up with others in the area that share the same passion of exploring and getting outside!

Cheers,
Dan

IMG_1415.JPG IMG_0503.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Dan and I live in Boise, ID with my wife and 2 kids. I have a 2004 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4 and a 2002 Ford E-350 4x4 home-built camper van. I have been "off-roading" ever since I first got my license, but after many years and many different vehicles, I have really come to enjoy the "overlanding" aspect of adventure. I love getting out and exploring with my family!

I'm looking forward to meeting up with others in the area that share the same passion of exploring and getting outside!

Cheers,
Dan

View attachment 42488 View attachment 42489
Hi Dan and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: IdahoDan

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
View attachment 41816

The Beautiful Black HIlls of South Dakota is where I call home!

I own a 2015 Subaru CrossTrek-stock. Maybe someday I will get upgrades to get me into even more remote areas, although I have been in some pretty remote fire service roads with this and my previous Subaru Forester.

I would consider myself a Novice when it comes to Overlanding.

I work as a youth program advisor where I teach environmental education to youth in schools, libraries, and clubs.

I am also a volunteer for Pennington County Search and Rescue where I assist the community when needed for lost subjects, vehicle accidents, hiking/climbing injuries, and natural disasters. I am also a NOLS Wilderness First Responder which comes in handy in some situations.

I am a voting member of the Rapid City Urban Wildlife Committee which is a sub-committee of the Rapid City Parks and Recreation Department.

I have a little piece of heaven located in the southern Black Hills of South Dakota (shown in the picture above) where I will hopefully soon be building my home so that I can enjoy all that nature has to offer right outside my front door.

I enjoy taking drives through the Black Hills and exploring new areas and going on adventures near and far (well, mainly near, not so much far yet).

If you are in the area I'd enjoy talking with you about your adventures and letting you in on a few local areas here.
Welcome to Overland Bound! The spot in the pictures looks beautiful! We love the Black Hills.

Reactions: Elena Grace