Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

Hello All!
I am new to overlanding, but have been offroading my whole life for hunting/camping/fishing trips and just to get outdoors. I look forward to being a part of the overland community.

I'm in the military and stationed in Naples, Italy currently but should be stateside in a year or so, and eventually back home to Colorado when I retire.

I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2door with a 3.5 inch lift and 35inch BFG TA/KO2 tires. I'm still looking to do many upgrades and build a trailer at some point.

Here are a couple of pics from my excursion last weekend as well as one from last year with my Jeep decorated for Christmas.
View attachment 42312 View attachment 42313 View attachment 42314
hi TDUNC13, nice rig and welcome to OB. i would recommend a trip through sardinia as long as you’re in southern italy. Cheers from germany

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello to you all. I am an aspiring new over-lander. Modestly experienced backpacker, kayaker, and lover of all things outdoors. Just purchased a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road and ready to start building it out for some adventures. I live in the San Antonio Texas area and have spent the past 20 years working in Parks and Recreation. I look forward to learning from many of you and meeting up at some point.
Welcome, great new rig!

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
What’s up all.
New here been on T4R for a while but everyone on there is kinda scattered and it seems like there is a lot more locals to me and hella more meet ups on here.
So here I am and here she is.

2000 Toyota 4Runner limited
2.75 lift up front
3.25 lift out back so she levels out when loaded
17’ MK6s wrapped in 265/75 BFG KO2s
With some other custom goods.
Nice looking 4runner, welcome to OB.

Reactions: Markamisprime

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Rig: 1985 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: I am a beginner at being behind the wheel of my own Overlanding vehicle. I have 15+ years of experience being an off-road passenger, mixed with a few years of experience being an Overlanding passenger View attachment 42305
Hi Dawn, welcome to OB, this will be a great project, can't wait to see what you do to it.

TDUNC13

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Poulsbo, WA, USA
First Name
TeeJay
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Navy
hi TDUNC13, nice rig and welcome to OB. i would recommend a trip through sardinia as long as you’re in southern italy. Cheers from germany

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Thanks phil799. I will definitely have to look into that. I had a trip to Sigonella planned this summer to head up Mt. Etna, but plans fell through. I love Germany. We are actually headed up to Garmisch this weekend, but without the Jeep unfortunately. It will still be a great time with plenty of snow.

Julian Cook

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort walton beach fl.
First Name
Chip
Last Name
cook
Member #

Thanks

Thank you for your post. I'd be interested in learning more about your experience. I was looking at a Chinese company making the hard top RTT's. Once you get the tent, I'd be interested to know the quality and if it was worth it. I look forward to learning more about your adventures. Thanks again.
I'm picking up the tent in Jacksonville Fl tomorrow, I'll post when I have time to install it and give it a review

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Greetings from San Gabriel Valley in Los Angeles, CA.
New to Overland and currently drive a Subaru Forester XT with a lift.
Can't wait to learn from you all and start my adventure!
Cheers.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..look forward to seeing your adventures

Eastudio

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

1632 N 28th st, Phoenix Arizona
First Name
Ernesto
Last Name
Amaro
Member #

Rig: Jeep Grand Wagoneer 1988
Overlanding Experience: Im a Novice
I have always travel and drive to different places, but this is the first time I m part of a overlanding group.
I like to explore, adventure, design and modify things. This is the first time that I modified a car almost by my self and of curse it needed to be a 4x4. Hopping to explore great places and meet great people for the years to come.

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I have always travel and drive to different places, but this is the first time I m part of a overlanding group.
I like to explore, adventure, design and modify things. This is the first time that I modified a car almost by my self and of curse it needed to be a 4x4. Hopping to explore great places and meet great people for the years to come.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures...I owned a 1984...definitely want to see more of that classic..

Reactions: Eastudio

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Estudio and welcome to OB! Nice looking Wagoneer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello, from Edmonton, Alberta.
Have a 2001 Kia Sportage, on General Grabber AT/2s. Looking to explore a lot more this year. Originally from Victoria, B.C.
Like to do some nature photography.

Will post a pic of the kia tomorrow
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
Hello , new to the forum... I am Luke from Jefferson NY ..Schoharie County I am about an hour west of Albany . I have been a jeep guy for years ...Just picked up a 17 Ram 1500 .. Thinking about building for some overland fun .. no pic yet but soon .

Reactions: T-88