Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

TnLC

Rank I

Contributor III

6701D5A5-74F5-441B-8A7F-22B3BB70F1F1.jpeg Nashville area here. I’m a newb hoping to get out for some local adventures with the family and then make it to 100s in the hills next year.

I have a 2004 Land Cruiser that is mostly stock other than tires, at this point.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 41995 Nashville area here. I’m a newb hoping to get out for some local adventures with the family and then make it to 100s in the hills next year.

I have a 2004 Land Cruiser that is mostly stock other than tires, at this point.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...Good looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Octous

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi Folks!

Excited to join the community and find folks to go on trips with. ;)

Rig: 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 series
Experience: Intermediate, anything but “dry waterfalls”

Am in the midst of a trip and saw some overlanders in Lone Pine, CA and was reminded of this forum!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi Folks!

Am in the midst of a trip and saw some overlanders in Lone Pine, CA and was reminded of this forum!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..glad to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your adventures

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
View attachment 41816

The Beautiful Black HIlls of South Dakota is where I call home!

I own a 2015 Subaru CrossTrek-stock. Maybe someday I will get upgrades to get me into even more remote areas, although I have been in some pretty remote fire service roads with this and my previous Subaru Forester.

I would consider myself a Novice when it comes to Overlanding.

I work as a youth program advisor where I teach environmental education to youth in schools, libraries, and clubs.

I am also a volunteer for Pennington County Search and Rescue where I assist the community when needed for lost subjects, vehicle accidents, hiking/climbing injuries, and natural disasters. I am also a NOLS Wilderness First Responder which comes in handy in some situations.

I am a voting member of the Rapid City Urban Wildlife Committee which is a sub-committee of the Rapid City Parks and Recreation Department.

I have a little piece of heaven located in the southern Black Hills of South Dakota (shown in the picture above) where I will hopefully soon be building my home so that I can enjoy all that nature has to offer right outside my front door.

I enjoy taking drives through the Black Hills and exploring new areas and going on adventures near and far (well, mainly near, not so much far yet).

If you are in the area I'd enjoy talking with you about your adventures and letting you in on a few local areas here.
Welcome. It look beautiful there. I look forward to seeing your adventures.

cfcasper

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Grapevine, TX
Member #

Hello all, Chad here. We're located in DFW, Mid Cities area. A few months back we purchased a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara and looking for to customizing to fit our modest needs. If anyone in the DFW area could recommend somewhere good to have a lift installed, that'd be awesome. Glad to be here.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all, Chad here. We're located in DFW, Mid Cities area. A few months back we purchased a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara and looking for to customizing to fit our modest needs. If anyone in the DFW area could recommend somewhere good to have a lift installed, that'd be awesome. Glad to be here.
Hello Chad and welcome to the OB crew..great rig for an adventure rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

x10Flux

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Chalfont, PA
Member #

Hello, just a quick intro from Chalfont Pennsylvania. Rig is a stock (till I return from Overland Expo 2018) 2008 F 250 Super Duty 6.4 crew cab short bed. Choice in rig is that I have always owned F250 F350 trucks in just about every configuration so I am very comfortable with them and have lots of seat time. (about 35 years) and most importantly its what is sitting out in the driveway. Some off road experience and zero camping experience. Lots of wrenching experience. Looking forward to overlanding. I like the cold so I will be cutting my teeth on some weekend PA winter camping.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello, just a quick intro from Chalfont Pennsylvania. Rig is a stock (till I return from Overland Expo 2018) 2008 F 250 Super Duty 6.4 crew cab short bed. Choice in rig is that I have always owned F250 F350 trucks in just about every configuration so I am very comfortable with them and have lots of seat time. (about 35 years) and most importantly its what is sitting out in the driveway. Some off road experience and zero camping experience. Lots of wrenching experience. Looking forward to overlanding. I like the cold so I will be cutting my teeth on some weekend PA winter camping.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..look forward to seeing your build and adventures in your Ford

Rally1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Long Beach, California, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Swiney
Member #

Signed up today after finding the podcast.
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area .
2006 LR3 Silver
2007 LR3 Green
Played around at Hollister Hills a couple times and a couple other offroad parks, but relatively limited offroad experience. In my “youth” my hobby was rallycross, so I like the dirt.
Transitioning from hiking/backpacking to car camping and overlanding with the family.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Folks!

Hi Octous and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Chad and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!