Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I am Charles. I am originally from England, but call Richmond, VA, my home. I am a well traveled designer, having grown up in Mali, West Africa and Germany.

My travel bug comes direct from my parents, who besides bringing me up in distant lands, embarked on an amazing overland adventure back in 1977. They traveled over 40,000 miles, through 29 countries, in Africa, Europe and Asia. They drove a 1974 Series 3 Land Rover (which they still own) and used only a map and a compass to navigate across the Sahara Desert, twice. They have even written a book called, Strangers Like Angels, which is available for purchase on my website: www.explmore.com and www.strangerslikeangels.com

As you can tell, my interest in promoting their story has inspired me to connect with others and pursue my own ambitions to explore more overland experiences.

As a Land Rover family, I have plans to find my own Disco rig and outfit it for some epic adventures, if not local camping outings with my wonderful wife and charming pooch.

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum.

John Galt

Rank III

Advocate II

Bend, OR
Hello all. My name is Gus and I am from Bend, OR. I drive a 1995 FZJ80 that I bought about a year ago bone stock and started building. I love exploring, wheeling, hiking, camping, geocaching, etc..(pretty much anything outdoors). I moved to Bend about 1.5 years ago and cant believe how much there is to explore around here. My co-pilot is my 6 year old son who also has caught the overlanding bug! My wife loves to tag along also but we are still working on getting our 3 year old daughter to enjoy it! I actually found Overland Bound because of instagram. Looks like a great group of individuals that are like minded. Cant wait to get to know some of you and do some adventuring!

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Hello all. My name is Gus and I am from Bend, OR. I drive a 1995 FZJ80 that I bought about a year ago bone stock and started building. I love exploring, wheeling, hiking, camping, geocaching, etc..(pretty much anything outdoors). I moved to Bend about 1.5 years ago and cant believe how much there is to explore around here. My co-pilot is my 6 year old son who also has caught the overlanding bug! My wife loves to tag along also but we are still working on getting our 3 year old daughter to enjoy it! I actually found Overland Bound because of instagram. Looks like a great group of individuals that are like minded. Cant wait to get to know some of you and do some adventuring!
Gday @John Galt welcome to the forum mate that's a sweet 80 you have there

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

I am Charles. I am originally from England, but call Richmond, VA, my home. I am a well traveled designer, having grown up in Mali, West Africa and Germany.

My travel bug comes direct from my parents, who besides bringing me up in distant lands, embarked on an amazing overland adventure back in 1977. They traveled over 40,000 miles, through 29 countries, in Africa, Europe and Asia. They drove a 1974 Series 3 Land Rover (which they still own) and used only a map and a compass to navigate across the Sahara Desert, twice. They have even written a book called, Strangers Like Angels, which is available for purchase on my website: www.explmore.com and www.strangerslikeangels.com

As you can tell, my interest in promoting their story has inspired me to connect with others and pursue my own ambitions to explore more overland experiences.

As a Land Rover family, I have plans to find my own Disco rig and outfit it for some epic adventures, if not local camping outings with my wonderful wife and charming pooch.

Cheers!
Welcome to OB!

Reactions: Alexander Bunyard

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Love the rig and welcome to OB!

Alexander Bunyard

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

Cheers!
Welcome to VA and OB!

Sent from My Cell

Contributor I

RVA
First Name
H
Last Name
H
Thank you guys. Appreciate the warm welcome. Excited to get my own rig, kit it out and meet some of you. I see we have a forum for rigs for sale. Any suggestions on who to buy from (craigslist etc) and what to avoid?

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thank you guys. Appreciate the warm welcome. Excited to get my own rig, kit it out and meet some of you. I see we have a forum for rigs for sale. Any suggestions on who to buy from (craigslist etc) and what to avoid?
I've heard of some bad experiences on Ebay when it comes to buying vehicles. I do buy stuff off Craigslist, but nothing as big as a vehicle yet.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I bought my trailer on CL. Excellent condition (for 25 y.o. popup) for $350

Now, I weeded out probably 30 flakes, 100 wildly overpriced trailers, and even bought and resold a dud before finding this gem. Took me an entire summer, and the only reason I got this is because the guy posted it at 4:30 A.M. and I was the first email. When he got completely overwhelmed by responses he pulled the ad and contacted me saying he'd honor the price.

There are steals out there...

Paul C.

Rank 0

Contributor I

I'm Paul and would like to introduce myself.

I grew up spending time in the outdoors (hunting, fishing, hiking, etc.) My wife and I have really taken to outdoors adventures in the last few years and really enjoy hiking/backpacking as well as just getting out and camping out of the truck (over-landing). I've driven this "adventure mobile" in the Ouachita, Ozark, and Boston Mountains of Arkansas. Out of state treks include the beaches of North Carolina.

I'm finding an appreciation for the abundance of untouched nature in Arkansas that I didn't know I was capable of.

Rig: 1994 Nissan D21 Hardbody King Cab (A little old mountain goat of a pickup)
Experience: Rare to Medium Rare (I know just enough to avoid most trouble)

photo (1).JPG

Phone Pics 073.JPG
Devil's Den State Park
Iphone Photos 002.JPG Iphone Photos 071.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm Paul and would like to introduce myself.

I grew up spending time in the outdoors (hunting, fishing, hiking, etc.) My wife and I have really taken to outdoors adventures in the last few years and really enjoy hiking/backpacking as well as just getting out and camping out of the truck (over-landing). I've driven this "adventure mobile" in the Ouachita, Ozark, and Boston Mountains of Arkansas. Out of state treks include the beaches of North Carolina.

I'm finding an appreciation for the abundance of untouched nature in Arkansas that I didn't know I was capable of.

Rig: 1994 Nissan D21 Hardbody King Cab (A little old mountain goat of a pickup)
Experience: Rare to Medium Rare (I know just enough to avoid most trouble)

View attachment 2510

View attachment 2512
Devil's Den State Park
View attachment 2515 View attachment 2514
Welcome to the forum. Arkansas has some trails I want to explore someday. Beautiful area.

Reactions: Paul C.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Hello, Paul, and welcome to Overland Bound!

Arkansas is on my list of places to visit. I know there's a lot there to explore, and it is much closer than the western states.
I have family in Rogers, some pretty country in Arkansas.

Loved that place.

And oh ya.... Welcome Paul!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paul C.