Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Ramon Hidalgo

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Simi valley California
Member #

Ramon Hidalgo here from Simi Valley California! Its great to be a part of Group that have same interest for the outdoors. My second year offroading/Overlanding and so far loving it.
In 2016 I joined Club Frontier and made it to the top of Bald Mountain and Sierra Buttes along with some local parks and trails in my area. In 2017, Traveled to Death Valley, Moab Utah (Gone Moab/Gone Overlanding) at Canyon National Park, Cayote Flats at Bishop Ca. Hoping to do more.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Ramon Hidalgo here from Simi Valley California! Its great to be a part of Group that have same interest for the outdoors. My second year offroading/Overlanding and so far loving it.
In 2016 I joined Club Frontier and made it to the top of Bald Mountain and Sierra Buttes along with some local parks and trails in my area. In 2017, Traveled to Death Valley, Moab Utah (Gone Moab/Gone Overlanding) at Canyon National Park, Cayote Flats at Bishop Ca. Hoping to do more.
Hi Ramon and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Ramon Hidalgo

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Simi valley California
Member #

Thanks Jake. Im Planning to install a tire swing arm on my rear bumper not sure if its going to be a tire/Gas install or Gas install only.
My spare is a size smaller now I plan to go farther out and perhaps longer so a Tire/Gas combo might be in order. Ill check the Forum.

kingdingo

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

New Orleans
Member #

Hi y'all -

Greetings from New Orleans! I'm a novice overlander, BUT experienced on my own two legs in the backcountry and living on the road out of my 2000 4Runner. I just got a 2010 Toyota Tundra TRD Offroad 4x4 because I felt the need to get further out there. No upgrades yet, but it easily handled the River Road in Big Bend this past week. Named her "Solis" after her first campsite. Looking forward to being part of this community and contributing any way that I can.

Cheers!
Alex

IMG_3554.jpg

BackroadPurpose

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville
Member #

Hi y'all -

Greetings from New Orleans! I'm a novice overlander, BUT experienced on my own two legs in the backcountry and living on the road out of my 2000 4Runner. I just got a 2010 Toyota Tundra TRD Offroad 4x4 because I felt the need to get further out there. No upgrades yet, but it easily handled the River Road in Big Bend this past week. Named her "Solis" after her first campsite. Looking forward to being part of this community and contributing any way that I can.

Cheers!
Alex

View attachment 39163
Awesome to have you on board. The Tundra is a solid platform. Would for you to show is around New Orleans when we get out there to explore. [emoji3]

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: kingdingo

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi y'all -

Cheers!
Alex

View attachment 39163
Hi Alex and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tundra! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: kingdingo

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
I'm Michael from Rolling Meadows Illinois and am happy to have Joined Overland Bound.
My vehicle is a 2000 Jeep TJ but until it's out of the shop I've been traveling in my 2017 F150.
I have traveled extensively through the US and Throughout the world.
Last weekend a group of us Chicagoland got together and explored the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail.
Could not have asked for better weather and traveling companions!
My Family and I had a great time!
Photo Nov 04, 5 40 51 PM.jpg
20171002_130225.jpg

Reactions: SLO Rob and Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I'm Michael from Rolling Meadows Illinois and am happy to have Joined Overland Bound.
My vehicle is a 2000 Jeep TJ but until it's out of the shop I've been traveling in my 2017 F150.
Last weekend a group of us Chicagoland got together and explored the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail.
View attachment 39166
View attachment 39165
Hi Michael and welcome to OB! Nice looking TJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

JK72450

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arkansas
Sweet rig sir! So cool you've had a rig for such a long time. We will be in Arkansas around the end of January or beginning of February and would love to go explore with you. We did part of the Ozark Mountains when we explore Missouri and can't wait to see Arkansas. Keep in touch!!

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app
Sounds great. Keep in touch.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone! We live in Cincinnati, Ohio and are new to overlanding, but excited for new adventures. We've done lots of hiking, camping, and off-roading. Our goal is to eventually live on the road full time. Driving a 06 Ford Ranger with a torque-locking differential, 3in front lift, 4in rear, and 35's. Looking forward to future adventures with others! View attachment 39138
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello,

I'm definitely new to overlanding and have only explored so many places here in southern California. I have a few friends that I mostly go on quick weekend trips with, but always open to meeting more people and exploring new areas. I don't know too many things, but from what I've gathered so far, mostly everyone in the community is welcoming and very helpful.

Rig: 2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD
Overlanding Experience: Novice
Hello Mr.T and welcome to the OB crew...glad to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi y'all. I'm Larry from Memphis. I've had a little experience overlanding on a BMW GS before a bad off, and a couple of years later a hip replacement pretty well ended that. After the bike, I took up whitewater kayaking, and am loving it. Recently I purchased a brand new 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, with an eye for it to do triple duty as a daily driver, dirtbag paddler truck, and overland vehicle. It's going to need to go from hauling whitewater kayaks, to camping gear, or both, as needed. I'm still not sure how the build is going to workout to accomplish all that. Anyway, I'm here and am waiting on my #. Here's my baby.View attachment 39148
Hello Larry and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Ramon and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi y'all -

Cheers!
Alex

View attachment 39163
Hello Alex and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy looking forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 39166
View attachment 39165
Hello Michael and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rigs and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: Overland USA

asdavis283

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Annapolis, MD
Member #

Hey everyone!

Rig: 2012 JKU Sahara, Eaton E-locker rear, Gobi Rack, 3.5" lift
Experience: Drove cross country this year from East Tennessee through Colorado and Utah to San Diego. Hit up Ouray, Telluride, Moab, and areas through Southern California. Grew up offroading down south.

I'm hoping to get some information on meets and trails around me. Work keeps me busy, but I love to get out on the weekends!

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone!

Rig: 2012 JKU Sahara, Eaton E-locker rear, Gobi Rack, 3.5" lift
Experience: Drove cross country this year from East Tennessee through Colorado and Utah to San Diego. Hit up Ouray, Telluride, Moab, and areas through Southern California. Grew up offroading down south.

I'm hoping to get some information on meets and trails around me. Work keeps me busy, but I love to get out on the weekends!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..Good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

IVAN B

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

MIAMI
Member #

hi, my name is Ivan.

1.- i front Venezuela, but live in Miami.
2.- 4Runner Trail 2016/ Icon Suspension / Tires BF 285/70/R17
3.- Experience : a lot trips in venezuela, in florida just know lazy springs park, the overland is the best way to make tourism with nature at hand, and it helps us to know each other more as friends and make new friends.

in venezuela:
IMG_7463.JPG

4runner 2016 sr5
This 4runner has already sold it, had suspension icon, TRD PRO Wheel/ BF KO2 285/70/R17

in Lazy springs:

IMG_5982.JPG

Reactions: SLO Rob