Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

David Park

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Hello overlanders! New member here from Granada Hills, CA.

Im a novice overlander and just bought a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad and starting to build an overland rig. So far I have added RCI sliders, RCI bed rack, looking to do a Suspension upgrade in the near future.

Overlanding rig has been a long overdue project put on hold due to me breaking my neck 4 years ago from a dirt biking accident. I suffered a c5-c6 spinal cord injury and went from completely paralyzed to making a recovery to walk and drive again. It's been rough a ride for sure but I'm a new man now looking to conquer more challenges.
I am really thankful and excited to feel alive again and be a part of a knowledgeable community for overlanding. Looking forward to helping and learning from everyone here. Sorry for the long intro.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Im a novice overlander and just bought a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad and starting to build an overland rig. So far I have added RCI sliders, RCI bed rack, looking to do a Suspension upgrade in the near future.

Overlanding rig has been a long overdue project put on hold due to me breaking my neck 4 years ago from a dirt biking accident. I suffered a c5-c6 spinal cord injury and went from completely paralyzed to making a recovery to walk and drive again. It's been rough a ride for sure but I'm a new man now looking to conquer more challenges.
I am really thankful and excited to feel alive again and be a part of a knowledgeable community for overlanding. Looking forward to helping and learning from everyone here. Sorry for the long intro.
Hello David and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: T-88

mpalmer88

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Connecticut
Member #

Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt, and I live in the greater Hartford Connecticut area. I drive an '07 FJ Cruiser I bought back in May and am new to the Overland experience and community. I look forward to getting to meet and know some fellow off-road adventure enthusiasts.

Reactions: Chadlyb

BackroadPurpose

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville
Member #

Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt, and I live in the greater Hartford Connecticut area. I drive an '07 FJ Cruiser I bought back in May and am new to the Overland experience and community. I look forward to getting to meet and know some fellow off-road adventure enthusiasts.
Awesome! Welcome. I think we are going to be up in your neck of the woods in a few weeks. We'll talk with Chris (northeast ambassador) and maybe get a ride together to explore some dirt!

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi David and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Hi Matt and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

T-88

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

CORONA
First Name
VINCENT
Last Name
T-88
Member #

HELLO OVERLANDERS!
RIG:1988 TOYOTA 4×4 LONGBED
EXPERIENCE:NOT EXTREME BUT I DO GET OUT QUITE OFTEN:MOJAVE DESERT IS MY PLAYGROUND!

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

Hello from North Texas!

My name is Jeff, and I live about 30 miles north of Dallas/Ft. Worth. Not new to off road (use to own a 4x4 shop), but new to Overlanding. My rig is a mostly stock 2013 JKU that I am slowly building as funds allow.

I'm hoping to meet some like minded folks down my way for some 2-3 day trips so I can get my youngest son (7) exposed to some outdoor activities.

Reactions: Chadlyb and T-88

Terrance

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Silverado canyon
First Name
Terrance
Last Name
Wynn
Member #

Orange County (Silverado canyon)
What's up guys an gals. Names Terrance new to the world of 4wd. Not so much to the overlanding. Love to explore and ready to get out now with a more capable rig.

About a month ago I bought a 1999 limited 4wd 4runner.
She is equipped with factory rear locker. Icon coilovers 0 to 3inch lift up front. OME 3inch in the rear with stiff extra weight springs. She has full under Armor by Budbuilt. Rock sliders. 265/75/16 general grabber at2.

Have not had a chance to see what she can do. Only a little trail runs behind my house in the Cleveland national forest. Can't wait to get out and explore.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Orange County (Silverado canyon)
What's up guys an gals. Names Terrance new to the world of 4wd. Not so much to the overlanding. Love to explore and ready to get out now with a more capable rig.

About a month ago I bought a 1999 limited 4wd 4runner.
She is equipped with factory rear locker. Icon coilovers 0 to 3inch lift up front. OME 3inch in the rear with stiff extra weight springs. She has full under Armor by Budbuilt. Rock sliders. 265/75/16 general grabber at2.

Have not had a chance to see what she can do. Only a little trail runs behind my house in the Cleveland national forest. Can't wait to get out and explore.
Hi Terrance and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Terrance

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

We finally joined the Overland Bound Crew! Don’t know why we didn’t do it years ago. I’ll keep this short;

’07 Toyota FJ Cruiser modified nicely.

’17 Toyota 4Runner we’re currently preparing.

Been overlanding all my life (Mark), with Merri for 30 years of it.

Our hope is to meet up with members from our area and beyond for some fun adventures very soon!

Attachments

BackroadPurpose

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville
Member #

We finally joined the Overland Bound Crew! Don’t know why we didn’t do it years ago. I’ll keep this short;

’07 Toyota FJ Cruiser modified nicely.

’17 Toyota 4Runner we’re currently preparing.

Been overlanding all my life (Mark), with Merri for 30 years of it.

Our hope is to meet up with members from our area and beyond for some fun adventures very soon!
Sweet FJ! Always glad to see another fj on the forum. Where you from? Hopefully we can meet while my wife and I travel the US this year

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app