• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

My Name is Brandon Richter
Can I work on a picture later? Looking to start the lb reduction at the new year.
I am from Austin Texas
I have a 2017 4Runner Pro - Stock but looking to gain lbs.
I have no Overlanding experience, but would like to make it my lifestyle.
Hi Brandon and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

F1addict

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Austin, TX
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Michael. I live in south Austin, TX with my wife and two sons. Currently driving a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKRU. Not many mods yet, but have plenty planned. Definitely a novice, and anxious to learn more.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hey guys, I'm Johnny. I live in Orange County, Ca. I drive a 2006 Tacoma TRD Offroad. I havnt done much to my truck yet, but give me a few months...

Currently I have bfg all terrain tires on trd 16" wheels

In the works:
ARB bumper
Bilstein 6112/5160 2" lift + heavy duty springs
Camburg UCA
Warn winch 10,000 lb

IN DESPERATE SEARCH OF A WHITE LEER 122 SHELL TO FIT 6" TACOMA BED
Hello Johnny and welcome to OB!

BackroadPurpose

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville
Member #

View attachment 38995 Hi everyone. My name is Jason and I am from Arkansas. My overland rig is a 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. I have owned it for almost 20 yrs. I also have a FJ80 but it is to nice to scratch up (for now). The trails in Arkansas tend to be rather narrow with lots of scratch possibilities. We are planning on taking it to Colorado next summer for some serious mountain trails.

The reason I joined OB is to network with people who want to explore the Ozark Mountain trails in Arkansas. I have always gone alone but I think another rig or a group would be more fun. I have seen the OB videos on youtube a really enjoy them.

I just joined the OB and can't wait for it to come in so I can put it on my cruiser. If anyone is in or around Arkansas hit me up. I know of a couple places that require more exploring.

Thanks. JK
Sweet rig sir! So cool you've had a rig for such a long time. We will be in Arkansas around the end of January or beginning of February and would love to go explore with you. We did part of the Ozark Mountains when we explore Missouri and can't wait to see Arkansas. Keep in touch!!

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: JK72450

Sgt_K

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi,

My name is Neil. I live in Las Vegas with my two son's. I will be retiring from the Air Force soon, and I am actually looking forward to being retired and exploring more of the Southwest. I have been a fan of the Overland Bound YouTube channel for a few years now. I started overloading a few years ago with a 2006 Tahoe, but that truck was to big to fit down most of the trails in the forests of Southern Utah and between the rocks of Nevada. I currently drive a 2015 TRD "Offload" Tacoma double cab/short bed. My current system is functional first and simple to use and maintain.

-Dual batteries; red top to start the truck and a yellow top to run all the aftermarket stuff.
-National Luna battery crossover solenoid/controller
-Home made fuse and really box for the aftermarket accessories
-ARB 80L fridge and slider in the bed.
-ARB twin compressor
-8000 Warn winch with a hidden winch mount under the bumper.
-8 6" KC HID pro sport lights (4 in the front, 4 on the roof) slowly being replaced with the LED versions to save some Amps.
-ARE bed topper with KC lighting in the doors
-Bilstine 6112 coilers in the front and 5112's in the rear (Soon to be replaced with King 2.5's front and rear)
-BFG Ko2's all around

See you out there...

BackroadPurpose

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville
Member #

Hi,

My name is Neil. I live in Las Vegas with my two son's. I will be retiring from the Air Force soon, and I am actually looking forward to being retired and exploring more of the Southwest. I have been a fan of the Overland Bound YouTube channel for a few years now. I started overloading a few years ago with a 2006 Tahoe, but that truck was to big to fit down most of the trails in the forests of Southern Utah and between the rocks of Nevada. I currently drive a 2015 TRD "Offload" Tacoma double cab/short bed. My current system is functional first and simple to use and maintain.

-Dual batteries; red top to start the truck and a yellow top to run all the aftermarket stuff.
-ARB twin compressor
-8 6" KC HID pro sport lights (4 in the front, 4 on the roof) slowly being replaced with the LED versions to save some Amps.
-Bilstine 6112 coilers in the front and 5112's in the rear (Soon to be replaced with King 2.5's front and rear)
-BFG Ko2's all around

See you out there...
Thanks for your service!
Sounds like you've got a solid rig! Can't wait to see you on the trails.

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My Name is Brandon Richter
Can I work on a picture later? Looking to start the lb reduction at the new year.
I am from Austin Texas
I have a 2017 4Runner Pro - Stock but looking to gain lbs.
I have no Overlanding experience, but would like to make it my lifestyle.
Hello Brandon and welcome to the OB crew..great platform for your adventure rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi,

-ARB twin compressor
-BFG Ko2's all around

See you out there...
Hello Neil and welcome to the OB crew..great rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures..thank you for your service and sacrifice

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Michael. I live in south Austin, TX with my wife and two sons. Currently driving a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKRU. Not many mods yet, but have plenty planned. Definitely a novice, and anxious to learn more.
Hello Michael and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys, I'm Johnny. I live in Orange County, Ca. I drive a 2006 Tacoma TRD Offroad. I havnt done much to my truck yet, but give me a few months...

Currently I have bfg all terrain tires on trd 16" wheels

In the works:
ARB bumper
Bilstein 6112/5160 2" lift + heavy duty springs
Camburg UCA
Warn winch 10,000 lb

IN DESPERATE SEARCH OF A WHITE LEER 122 SHELL TO FIT 6" TACOMA BED
Hello Johnny and welcome to the OB crew..nice looking Toy looking forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Sorry, continuing from the above post:
Part retired, live in upstate NY, do not own a off road vehicle yet.
More of rugged soft roaming and less of true off roaming to start.
Curious if there are any off road driving schools/ training centers with some instructions on their vehicles.
Excited with prospects of a non conventional vacation ,
Jay
Hello Jay and welcome to the OB crew

CGfj80yoda

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tucson Arizona
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi,

-ARB twin compressor
-BFG Ko2's all around

See you out there...
Hi Neil and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!