lostinafog

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

scott la
Member #

G`Day OB

Paul here AKA Lostinafog member #7976.
been offloading & rock crawling since the late 80`s started out in a 1976 Plymouth Trailduster .
current OLV`s 1996 80 fully locked 12k warn on 35`s ,1983 Toyota Trailblazer fully locked 9.5k warn 31`s as I won`t cut the front fenders ;-).

Ran the HWMT a couple weeks ago with a good friend Chris in his double cab Tundra. see he has also joined CRB357.!

Reactions: SLO Rob and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

G`Day OB

Paul here AKA Lostinafog member #7976.
been offloading & rock crawling since the late 80`s started out in a 1976 Plymouth Trailduster .
current OLV`s 1996 80 fully locked 12k warn on 35`s ,1983 Toyota Trailblazer fully locked 9.5k warn 31`s as I won`t cut the front fenders ;-).

Ran the HWMT a couple weeks ago with a good friend Chris in his double cab Tundra. see he has also joined CRB357.!
Hello Paul and welcome to the OB crew..look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Traveler I

US
View attachment 38153 Hi all,
Matt and Alex here. Not new to camping or off-roading but pretty much FNGs to the overlanding world. We are located in Virginia and are usually rollin around in the Chupacabra (modified 95 Subaru Impreza) or the Radio Flyer (95 Subaru Legacy wagon-red). We're excited to be a part of the community and hopefully do some meet-ups and trips.
Some of the best rig names I've seen in a while.

UpirLichy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

The Colony, TX
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Deans
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5TEX
Hi there, names Leslie from Anaheim, Ca
2010 Toyoda fj cruiser. Have some mods ive done, gad her for about 4 years now, i grew up fishing and love the outdoors . The girlfriend and i have some overloading experience. We are looking forward to meeting new people and making new memoriesView attachment 38098View attachment 38099View attachment 38100

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Greetings All! Northern Comi-fornia born and raised. I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser with some functional upgrades (Lift / Tire / Wheel, Scuba Mods, On-board Air, Dual Battery, Comms upgrades, etc.); however, continue to research and build this vehicle for long term adventures. I explored the southwestern Colorado territory while in the stationed at Fort Carson. The fiance and I now travel thousands of miles on and off-road exploring the best the west coast offers, and always seek new adventures. I still consider myself a novice when it comes to the long extended travel adventures, but have a pretty solid off-road base that I want to build upon. I hope to gain that knowledge from all of you. I learned a few things as a Cavalry Scout in the US Army with a couple of extended Adventure Travels to Afghanistan. Thank you to the OB Crew for establishing this community, I look forward to discovering knowledge nuggets from all of you.

View attachment 38105
View attachment 38106
Love those FJs. Welcome to the group.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
Hello: we live in Colombia, and are currently in Kenya at the tail end of a nine month trip from Nairobi to Capetown and back. We have a Land Cruiser series 80 for this trip, have a Mitsubishi Montero at home, and in the past have travelled widely in various vehicles (Europe, Asia, North America, Central America). We did an eleven month trip around South America a few years ago, with a Nissan X-trail.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello: we live in Colombia, and are currently in Kenya at the tail end of a nine month trip from Nairobi to Capetown and back. We have a Land Cruiser series 80 for this trip, have a Mitsubishi Montero at home, and in the past have travelled widely in various vehicles (Europe, Asia, North America, Central America). We did an eleven month trip around South America a few years ago, with a Nissan X-trail.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and very cool pic. Looking forward to seeing your adventures

Fjforles

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Leslie
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

Hello Fjforles from the IE and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ you have there. Come out to a local meet up...there a few monthly ones in our SoCal area that are posted in rally point. See ya out on the trails someday!!!
Why thank you she is my baby. I went to the last meet up in long beach, was gonna try and make the ie meet but 7 am was to early for me on a weekend lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Hey OB family, this is Brandon with my first post. My first vehicle ever was an 88 Jeep Cherokee and I've been a Jeep fanboy ever since. I have been wanting a Wangler Unlimited pretty much since the first one hit the pavement, and finally bought a 2010 JKU Sport a couple of months ago. Like a lot of new Jeep owners, I hit the internet and started watching all the Youtube channels I could. I already knew I wanted to take this thing off road as it's meant to be, but thought of myself as more of an explorer rather than a "rock crawler" and ultimately became obsessed with binge watching the "iamjake" channel. (shoutout to @Jake Wettern | iamjake for all of the inspiration one could ask for)

Fast forward a few months, I'm now avidly watching all kinds of overlanding videos and following the channels, and decided I'm going to take the Trans-American Trail from the east coast to the west coast and am giving myself 6 weeks to do it so I can properly document, film, and write about the trip. I just received my Overland Bound emblem and am excited member #8207 officially today.

Will be a budget build mostly, and so far I've only upgraded the front bumper which will support the winch I'm buying this week. Repairs so far have included exhaust, front and rear brakes, CV joint, and front axle U Joints. So far I've added a heavy duty recovery-style front bumper and will be ordering a winch this week. Planned mods are roof rack, rear bumper and tire carrier, 2.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires, dual battery system, and armor.

Will be looking to start day 1 of the trip in May, and will spend some extra time in Colorado to hit trails that aren't part of the TAT. I'm happy to have the support of an awesome community, and while I'm a bit of an introvert, I expect to be involved in the forums here and overlanding events leading up to my journey.

Last edited:

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Kyle here,

I live in central Illinois. I'm surrounded by flat fields. I would say I'm moderately experienced in off roading and new to overlanding. My friend and I take trips to the Badlands off road park in Indiana and have a blast there. I take every dirt and gravel road I can find even if it's out of the way. I have a slightly modified '99 Toyota 4runner with full length skids, 2 inch lift, and too many other little things. My friend and I just did 1/3 of the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail route in single digit temps (here a link to the vid.... ) . That was our first overland trip, and we were hooked instantly. Love being a part of a smaller community of like minded individuals. Adventure and exploration is something I can't pass up. I enjoy tent camping, I'm an avid mountain biker, and I like backpacking too.
Peoria, IL here. I'm new to the area (originally from NY) and am looking for ANY sort of gravel, dirt, or roadless road around here to play on. Let's link!

OverlandKY

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey y’all!

My wife and I just bought a 2018 Cherokee trailhawk (our first Jeep). We’re both completely new at all this and are beginning our overlanding journey as weekend warriors for the time being. If we both love it there will be bigger and better vehicles built in the future but for now we are starting small. I’m here to learn and hopefully find some good connections with like minded folks.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey OB family, this is Brandon with my first post. My first vehicle ever was an 88 Jeep Cherokee and I've been a Jeep fanboy ever since. I have been wanting a Wangler Unlimited pretty much since the first one hit the pavement, and finally bought a 2010 JKU Sport a couple of months ago. Like a lot of new Jeep owners, I hit the internet and started watching all the Youtube channels I could. I already knew I wanted to take this thing off road as it's meant to be, but thought of myself as more of an explorer rather than a "rock crawler" and ultimately became obsessed with binge watching the "iamjake" channel. (shoutout to @Jake Wettern | iamjake for all of the inspiration one could ask for)

Fast forward a few months, I'm not avidly watching all kinds of overlanding videos and following the channels, and decided I'm going to take the Trans-American Trail from the east coast to the west coast and am giving myself 6 weeks to do it so I can properly document, film, and write about the trip. I just received my Overland Bound emblem and am excited member #8207 officially today.

Will be a budget build mostly, and so far I've only upgraded the front bumper which will support the winch I'm buying this week. Repairs so far have included exhaust, front and rear brakes, CV joint, and front axle U Joints. So far I've added a heavy duty recovery-style front bumper and will be ordering a winch this week. Planned mods are roof rack, rear bumper and tire carrier, 2.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires, dual battery system, and armor.

Will be looking to start day 1 of the trip in May, and will spend some extra time in Colorado to hit trails that aren't part of the TAT. I'm happy to have the support of an awesome community, and while I'm a bit of an introvert, I expect to be involved in the forums here and overlanding events leading up to my journey.
Hello Brandon and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey y’all!

My wife and I just bought a 2018 Cherokee trailhawk (our first Jeep). We’re both completely new at all this and are beginning our overlanding journey as weekend warriors for the time being. If we both love it there will be bigger and better vehicles built in the future but for now we are starting small. I’m here to learn and hopefully find some good connections with like minded folks.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Stephanie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Goldston, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
stephanie
Last Name
Curlee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4CNY
Service Branch
Army

Fast forward a few months, I'm not avidly watching all kinds of overlanding videos and following the channels, and decided I'm going to take the Trans-American Trail from the east coast to the west coast and am giving myself 6 weeks to do it so I can properly document, film, and write about the trip. I just received my Overland Bound emblem and am excited member #8207 officially today.

Welcome to the group. I look forward to seeing the documentary.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Taco Zach

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Paxton, MA
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm Zach. I'm originally from OR, but currently live in MA and am hoping to network with some like-minded people. Finding trails is a lot harder in MA than anywhere back west, so I am hoping this will help. I have a 2014 TRD Sport Tacoma that I have done some work to, with more to come. I am definitely a DIY'er, though I know when a project is beyond my capabilities. I Grew up in rural OR and learned how to drive, 4 wheel, camp (overland), and explore with my father in his trusty FJ40. I would say I am not a beginner, but by no means an expert. I'm definitely looking forward to getting involved here.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm Zach. I'm originally from OR, but currently live in MA and am hoping to network with some like-minded people. Finding trails is a lot harder in MA than anywhere back west, so I am hoping this will help. I have a 2014 TRD Sport Tacoma that I have done some work to, with more to come. I am definitely a DIY'er, though I know when a project is beyond my capabilities. I Grew up in rural OR and learned how to drive, 4 wheel, camp (overland), and explore with my father in his trusty FJ40. I would say I am not a beginner, but by no means an expert. I'm definitely looking forward to getting involved here.
Hello Zach and welcome to the OB crew...nice Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures