Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Thumbs

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey y'all. New jack living in the Virginia Piedmont. My 4 wheel rig is an '07 4Runner V8. My 2 wheel rig is a 98 BMW R1100GS. Glad to have found this site. Living in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge of overland travel so that I can really explore more of the area.
Forgot to add that my son has a '99 4Runner 5 speed and he is looking forward to learning right alongside me.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey y'all. New jack living in the Virginia Piedmont. My 4 wheel rig is an '07 4Runner V8. My 2 wheel rig is a 98 BMW R1100GS. Glad to have found this site. Living in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge of overland travel so that I can really explore more of the area.
Hi Jack and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Plainjane1963

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Stagecoach, NV, USA
First Name
Jane
Last Name
Brackett
Member #

Hello OB Family! My name is Jane and I am a total newbie. My husband has a lot of experience trail driving. We drive a 2015 Jeep JKUR Hardrock. All of this lingo is new to me so, I will assuredly make many mistakes. We attended the 2017 OTG Rally and had an absolute blast! Hope to do it again next year with lots of adventures under our belt by then. What a great group of people! Look forward to meeting more Overlanders!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello OB Family! My name is Jane and I am a total newbie. My husband has a lot of experience trail driving. We drive a 2015 Jeep JKUR Hardrock. All of this lingo is new to me so, I will assuredly make many mistakes. We attended the 2017 OTG Rally and had an absolute blast! Hope to do it again next year with lots of adventures under our belt by then. What a great group of people! Look forward to meeting more Overlanders!
Hi Jane and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

RCgalloway

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mascoutah, Il
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

RCgalloway

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mascoutah, Il
Member #

Hello all,
I am a novice at the overland game. I have a little off-roading experience though. I am in southern Illinois. I just bought a 2016 Jeep JKU and in the process of making it a overland rig. It has a 3" rough country lift sitting on 35" m/t tires on 17" rims.

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

galahad

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone

My name is Michael, I'm from South Poland.

My current Vehicle is a 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2, 2.5 TD5
Previous Vehicle: Suzuki Vitara JXL, 3D, 1.6, Cabrio
My overland experience: Intermediate

I love traveling, hiking.
Beside, I like watch yours photos and movies from yours trips ;)

I'm looking for ideas for my car modifications and customization for a long trips.

Attachments

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hello everyone

My name is Michael, I'm from South Poland.

My current Vehicle is a 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2, 2.5 TD5
Previous Vehicle: Suzuki Vitara JXL, 3D, 1.6, Cabrio
My overland experience: Intermediate

I love traveling, hiking.
Beside, I like watch yours photos and movies from yours trips ;)

I'm looking for ideas for my car modifications and customization for a long trips.
Dzień Dobry!
Welcome to the community!
I've got a close friend who lives in Poland, he regularly comes over here to UK and we have a good catch up
He keeps telling me I need to spend a long weekend in Poland, wouldn't mind going to Kraków to see the salt mines and architecture :grinning:
Top man! - I used to own a Discovery 1
porozmawiamy później

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

New around here, I'm from the Philly area and have a 02 Subaru Outback, Still new to the whole Overlanding stuff but I've been taking my Outback offroad every once in a while, but I still have a good ways to go yet but here it is.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew