Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

AventureBL

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all.
My name is Luke! Im extremely new to overlanding, however, I’ve been camping, backpacking, and exploring my whole life, granted, that is only 17 years.
Rig: I have a 95 Chevy K1500 4x4 Pickup. She’s old, with a lot of miles, but she drives and does so reliably. No modifications in terms of off road capability. I built a roof rack and have a lightbar mounted up there, though. I figure it’s not worth putting thousands of dollars into mods until I have something that doesn’t already have 200k miles on it. Plus, I don’t even have that money yet. It’s a dream in progress.
Experience: Almost none. I’ve done a few trips with my best friend, and some solo daily trips. However, I’m not really like most teenagers. I’m not sucked into my phone constantly, and have a passion for the outdoors. I’ve grown up camping and fishing many times each year, and the outdoors is really my home. I look forward to continuing this adventure!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all.
My name is Luke! Im extremely new to overlanding, however, I’ve been camping, backpacking, and exploring my whole life, granted, that is only 17 years.
Rig: I have a 95 Chevy K1500 4x4 Pickup. She’s old, with a lot of miles, but she drives and does so reliably. No modifications in terms of off road capability. I built a roof rack and have a lightbar mounted up there, though. I figure it’s not worth putting thousands of dollars into mods until I have something that doesn’t already have 200k miles on it. Plus, I don’t even have that money yet. It’s a dream in progress.
Experience: Almost none. I’ve done a few trips with my best friend, and some solo daily trips. However, I’m not really like most teenagers. I’m not sucked into my phone constantly, and have a passion for the outdoors. I’ve grown up camping and fishing many times each year, and the outdoors is really my home. I look forward to continuing this adventure!
Hello Luke and welcome to the OB crew....look forward to seeing your adventures

jack oconnor

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi All, I am an old Triad 4x4 club member from back in the 70’s. In Winston Salem NC.
My current rig -which is my everyday driver- is a 1990 Mercedes GD250 x Danish Army Wolf.
Ive been modifing it into a mini camper and my plan is to go on photograpic adventures far off the beaten track. I have been totally impressed with the offroad prowess of this old warhorse! Those three locking differentials are most capable and have gotten me thru lots of tough spots.
I am planning a solo trip to VA to explor the Geo. Washinton forest. Anyone have some advise for me? This will be my first trip there and i know nothing about it.
Thanks, Jack

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello All,

I am the owner of a 2015 Toyota 4runner Trail, I have ok experience with the Baja outdoors since i am very close to it. I am located in Rosarito, MX but I also have a house in Chula Vista, CA. I currently dont have a picture of my rig but I will upload one as soon as I get home LOL. I really look forward to meeting you all and to share experiences doing overland.

Cheers,
Ivan
Hi Ivan and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi All, I am an old Triad 4x4 club member from back in the 70’s. In Winston Salem NC.
My current rig -which is my everyday driver- is a 1990 Mercedes GD250 x Danish Army Wolf.
Ive been modifing it into a mini camper and my plan is to go on photograpic adventures far off the beaten track. I have been totally impressed with the offroad prowess of this old warhorse! Those three locking differentials are most capable and have gotten me thru lots of tough spots.
I am planning a solo trip to VA to explor the Geo. Washinton forest. Anyone have some advise for me? This will be my first trip there and i know nothing about it.
Thanks, Jack
Hi Jack and welcome to OB! Nice rig - can't wait to see pictures! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey all.
Hi Luke and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: AventureBL

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Thanks, Jack
Hello Jack and welcome to the OB crew....looking forward to seeing your build and adventures