• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello!

My name is Aaron #6936, and I hail from Central Washington and I am an Overland Newb! Well at least officially. I was in the Truck Camper life with an 06 F350 Dually and Lance 1050 camper. But times changed, and after a few years, I wanted a new rig, and an easier way to go and explore.

My Rig is a 2017 Chevy Colorado CCLB with the Baby Duramax. This is my DD and does a lot of commuting (120mi day) so I'm not planning anything extreme with my build. A 2" front level and a 1" rear block in the future, current tires are 265/65 duratracs, and not much else done at the moment. Should get me just about anywhere the road goes.

A few weeks after I got my Colorado, my partner and I went on a 2k mile roadtrip to the Grand Tetons for the solar eclipse. I've not done a lot of out of state travels as my last setup was terrible on fuel. I gotta say, 25mpg is awesome! It was a great shakedown. The Colorado is an impressive truck. Comfortable and connected. Going down a good hundred miles or so of forest roads and such to get in and out of camp and exploring, I was surprised at how smooth and nimble it was. And the baby diesel is a gem of an engine.

Overall there was not nearly enough trail runs and camping on my trip aside from the few days in the Tetons, so a lot of quick overnighters in hotels (I know, terrible form) But it had been a while since I used any of my camp gear and really camped instead of glamped in an RV. My buddies and I are all in our early 30's and all have Truck campers, but I was tired of having to limit where I go, and the cost of it all. I was always one for wanting multi-day trips and drives, but they like to just park and sit. So I was really excited to find this community and start building my truck, my experiences and my base of friends.

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and show off some pics!

Hello Aaron and welcome to the OB crew...nice looking rigs...looking forward to seeing more of your adventures...thanks for sharing neighbor

Reactions: DK_XV

Javier Montejo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San José, Costa Rica
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Javier. I am from San José, Costa Rica and have been an overland for a short period of time (2 years). Hopefully I'll learn a lot here. As you may know, overloading in Costa Rica is pretty cool as the country is very small, so experiencing different types of landscapes is very easy.

My rig is a Nissan Frontier, NP300, 2016

My avatar was a recent trip to the Turrialba Volcano in Cartago, Costa Rica

Best to all!

Reactions: Chadlyb

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello OB Crew!
2016 Toyota 4Runner
CA-South Orange County
Camping, exploring, shooting, enjoying life!
Avatar pic is from a recent tip to the Sierra's- Fish Creek.
Hello Yetisb from the Inland Empire and welcome to OB! Be sure to check out rally point for some up coming meet-up in SoCal. One in Long Beach and two more out here in the IE. Come out and meet some great people with like interests. Glad to have you here!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Javier. I am from San José, Costa Rica and have been an overland for a short period of time (2 years). Hopefully I'll learn a lot here. As you may know, overloading in Costa Rica is pretty cool as the country is very small, so experiencing different types of landscapes is very easy.

Best to all!
Hello Javier and welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Javier Montejo

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi everyone,

Best to all!
Hello Javier and welcome to OB! Overlanding in Costa Rica must be a blast...it will be nice to have your knowledge of exploring here on the forums.

Reactions: Javier Montejo

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

Hi Everyone,

1. My name is Mike, and I am from New Jersey.
2. My rig is a: 2015 Jeep JK
3. I am a novice when it comes to overlanding in my Jeep, but I’ve been riding dirt bikes & camping since I was a kid. Can’t wait to merge my love for off-road with my hunger for adventure!

I found out about Overland Bound a few days ago at Overland Expo East and couldn't wait to join!

My most recent trip to CT:

IMG_2622.JPG

Side angle of my rig:

IMG_9971.JPG

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi Everyone,

3. I am a novice when it comes to overlanding in my Jeep, but I’ve been riding dirt bikes & camping since I was a kid. Can’t wait to merge my love for off-road with my hunger for adventure!

I found out about Overland Bound a few days ago at Overland Expo East and couldn't wait to join!

View attachment 36280

Side angle of my rig:

View attachment 36282
Hello Mike and welcome to the OB crew...great pics and nice jeep

Reactions: LostMayhem

shane0858

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

superior, wi
Member #

21430241_10213922652001615_970061360211875066_n.jpg

Hi Everyone, my name is Shane and I live in northern Wisconsin.

My new rig is a 2016 Jeep JK Rubicon. (Just traded in my older Jeep JK Sport)

I am new to overlanding and all my experience is simply off-road trail riding. (Jeep Jamboree's and such)

I want to do more exploring with my family as we are big time campers, and what better way to experience an adventure while camping than overlanding, right?

My wife's rig is a 2010 JKU, so we can fit all 3 kids on our adventures.

Look forward to meeting folks and networking to hopefully arrange some overland trips!!!

We have a lot to learn and a lot to prepare and upgrade the rigs for this type of adventuring, but gotta start somewhere!!

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Hi Everyone,

View attachment 36280

Side angle of my rig:

View attachment 36282
Hello Mike from CA welcome to the crew.

Reactions: LostMayhem

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 36286

Hi Everyone, my name is Shane and I live in northern Wisconsin.

My new rig is a 2016 Jeep JK Rubicon. (Just traded in my older Jeep JK Sport)

I am new to overlanding and all my experience is simply off-road trail riding. (Jeep Jamboree's and such)

I want to do more exploring with my family as we are big time campers, and what better way to experience an adventure while camping than overlanding, right?

My wife's rig is a 2010 JKU, so we can fit all 3 kids on our adventures.

Look forward to meeting folks and networking to hopefully arrange some overland trips!!!

We have a lot to learn and a lot to prepare and upgrade the rigs for this type of adventuring, but gotta start somewhere!!
Hello Shane and welcome to the OB crew..great rig