Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, I'm Gary and just received my number this afternoon. Very excited.
I own a 2012 FJ Cruiser fit for overlanding.
Pretty much a novice offroader. Nothing like the Rubicon.
I just moved to Sisters, OR . from San Diego so I have plenty of forest roads practically outside my front door. Also have traveled some of the Backcountry Discovery Routes.
Hi Gary and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Gary Eidsmoe

Spitz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pensacola, FL
Member #

Hey Everyone. I'm new to overlanding, but being in the outdoors and seeking adventure was instilled in me at a young age and pretty much solidified during the boy scouts (eagle scout here). I recently upgraded my 2012 Tacoma Prerunner to my 2015 4WD because I found myself getting stuck too many times while out hunting. Me and my wife love camping and I'm hoping to build a nice camping/overlanding rig (on a budget) so we enjoy some off road trails and spend a night or two away from the city.

Pensacola, FL Area
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 4WD (stock everything except new tires, Toyo Open Country AT2 265/70r16)
No real overlanding experience

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Everyone. I'm new to overlanding, but being in the outdoors and seeking adventure was instilled in me at a young age and pretty much solidified during the boy scouts (eagle scout here). I recently upgraded my 2012 Tacoma Prerunner to my 2015 4WD because I found myself getting stuck too many times while out hunting. Me and my wife love camping and I'm hoping to build a nice camping/overlanding rig (on a budget) so we enjoy some off road trails and spend a night or two away from the city.

Pensacola, FL Area
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 4WD (stock everything except new tires, Toyo Open Country AT2 265/70r16)
Hi Spitz and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
FullSizeRender 4.jpg Hi Everyone,

My current rig is a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ-60th Anniversary.
I live in Moreno Valley, Ca.
My over-landing experience is novice but I am an outdoors kinda guy. I go hiking, backpacking and mountain biking any chance I get. I jumped into off-roading because I chose to chase a childhood dream of having a 4x4 vehicle, an ability to work on this project with my father and a desire to get deep into the back country and explore not so common areas. Can't wait to see where the adventure takes me!

Thanks,
Steve

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 34459 Hi Everyone,

My current rig is a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ-60th Anniversary.
I live in Moreno Valley, Ca.
My over-landing experience is novice but I am an outdoors kinda guy. I go hiking, backpacking and mountain biking any chance I get. I jumped into off-roading because I chose to chase a childhood dream of having a 4x4 vehicle, an ability to work on this project with my father and a desire to get deep into the back country and explore not so common areas. Can't wait to see where the adventure takes me!

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi Steve and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!
A big thanks Jake...say hi to Jade and Annie for me. Been following you on YouTube for some time now...we met at the SoCal meet-up in Dana Point but the XJ was on jack stands so she didn't make it. Sorry for your loss brother...family comes first. You been missed but it is good to have you back doing what you do best...keep up the great work. Hopefully see ya when you make it back to a cooler AZ meet up.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

A big thanks Jake...say hi to Jade and Annie for me. Been following you on YouTube for some time now...we met at the SoCal meet-up in Dana Point but the XJ was on jack stands so she didn't make it. Sorry for your loss brother...family comes first. You been missed but it is good to have you back doing what you do best...keep up the great work. Hopefully see ya when you make it back to a cooler AZ meet up.
Hey Steve and thank you for the warm welcome back! Yes, I'll be AZ in October. Hey, iIf you haven’t already, please complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

Thank you for your support man!
-Jake

Reactions: NightCrawler

c_rotert

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Harrisburg, South Dakota
Member #

IMG_0211.JPG Location: South East South Dakota
Rig: 2013 F150 xlt crew cab. When I first started seeing things about overlanding I thought it was just jeeps and land cruisers but I was surprised to find that good chunk of people are using fullsize pickups.
Experience: Very Little.
My family exposed to the joys of the outdoors early (weekend camping trips), and have grown to love and respect the outdoors. But I have always had a love for things that involve driving. I thought this could give me the best of both worlds.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 34470 Location: South East South Dakota
Rig: 2013 F150 xlt crew cab. When I first started seeing things about overlanding I thought it was just jeeps and land cruisers but I was surprised to find that good chunk of people are using fullsize pickups.
My family exposed to the joys of the outdoors early (weekend camping trips), and have grown to love and respect the outdoors. But I have always had a love for things that involve driving. I thought this could give me the best of both worlds.
Hi c_rotert and welcome to OB! Nice looking F150! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: c_rotert

Usmcshepherd

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all,

I've been looking for more resources on this whole Overlanding topic and hope to learn a lot here. We live in Yuma, AZ but have lived all over the nation while I served these past 25 years in the Marine Corps. I have a 2016 Tundra TRD Pro with a Leer QX100 shell and Toyo Open Country's along with a 30" LED light bar on the front with NFAB side steps.

USMCShepherd

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

View attachment 34470 Location: South East South Dakota
Welcome c_rotert! Great looking Rig!!

Reactions: c_rotert

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all,

I've been looking for more resources on this whole Overlanding topic and hope to learn a lot here. We live in Yuma, AZ but have lived all over the nation while I served these past 25 years in the Marine Corps. I have a 2016 Tundra TRD Pro with a Leer QX100 shell and Toyo Open Country's along with a 30" LED light bar on the front with NFAB side steps.

USMCShepherd
Hello USMCShepherd and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Pensacola, FL Area
Welcome Spitz! This is a great place to learn all about overloading, so don't be afraid to ask any questions!

Scarlet O Mikey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lincoln, Ca
Member #

Hello All!

Current Vehicle: 2015 JKU Sahara & 2007 BMW 1200GS
Previous Vehicle: 2010 JKU Sahara & 2003 BMW F650GS
Overland Experience: Novice

My Dad and I have been backpacking and overlanding since I was a kid and we both are still out there adventuring as much as life will allow us. I recently found Overland Bound and am very much looking forward to learning from what this community has to offer and joining in on some group expeditions.

View attachment 34417 View attachment 34418
Hi McKingfish, welcome to OB. Like the Beamer, looking forward to seeing more pictures of the Jeep

KS4Runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Topeka Ks
Member #

Hi I have a 16 4Runner trail. Live in Topeka Ks and new to Overlanding and look to find more time to explore. Convinced the fiancé this summer on a trip to 4 National Parks that she does enjoy camping so we are looking for more trips. Thank you looking forward to all the suggestions and ideas.

Cohinds4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waco, Texas
Member #

Matt from Midland, TX.
2015 Ford F-150 OffRoad
The Big Bend Region of Texas is my playground. In more recent years we have been adventuring in Colorado, New Mexico, Southern Utah, and Arizona. I am looking to get out more often and learn to be more prepared, especially for medical emergencies.
View attachment 34208
Welcome to OB, I love your rig! I'm planning a trip to Big Bend over thanks giving, can you give me any tips/recommendations for trails and such?

Reactions: Matt L.

Cobra5.4

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mount Morris, IL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9MHN
Just want to introduce myself and say hi. me and my wife been big into ATV's for many years. Usually hang in the upper WI area been been to Moab once.

Got rid of them a few years ago and now trying this overloading thing and so far loving it, back into the outdoors is where it is. Splitting the duties at times so far between a 2000 F150 and now a 17 Jeep Wrangler JKU. Not much in the area of IL where we are but WI is not far and love it for weekend adventures so far. Nice as we learn what we need and what we want as we outfit the rig.

Happy to be here and always learning about everyone shared passions.

Mike
2000 F150 4x4
2017 Wrangler JKU (build in process)