Contributor III

Navarre, Florida, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Puen
Member #

Hey Folks, glad to be here:

- I live in the Florida Panhandle, just east of Pensacola.
- I'm the 2nd owner (Dad was 1st) of a stock, 1994 Isuzu Trooper S, with 182k miles.
- I have no real "overlanding" experience, but have spent a lot of time off the beaten path (24 years military).

Looking forward to learning from the group; hope to, someday, be able to also contribute. Great YouTube channel and forum!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Folks, glad to be here:

- I live in the Florida Panhandle, just east of Pensacola.
- I'm the 2nd owner (Dad was 1st) of a stock, 1994 Isuzu Trooper S, with 182k miles.
- I have no real "overlanding" experience, but have spent a lot of time off the beaten path (24 years military).

Looking forward to learning from the group; hope to, someday, be able to also contribute. Great YouTube channel and forum!
Hello AlzTroops and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: NWF Troopr

Shauby

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tehachapi, ca
Member #

Just joining the crew and hoping to actually get out on the trails soon. I'm new to this. I have a pretty much stock jk but my overland project is my "astroverlander"

My name is Mike shaub from tehachapi ca. With my 02 Chevy Astro van. Currently awd soon to have a 4x transfer case swap.
Currently have a 9' lift on 17' jk wheels with 30's. Solar and a battery bank a big rig 12v fridge, 16' tv custom futon hot water heater and a 26 gallon water tank. Leather electric buckets out of a grand prix gpx. And a few other goodies. She evolves everyday.

I custom built a front bumper with a winch and the rear is in work.
IMG_20170910_184753_959.jpgIMG_20170910_184636_399.jpg

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Just joining the crew and hoping to actually get out on the trails soon. I'm new to this. I have a pretty much stock jk but my overland project is my "astroverlander"

My name is Mike shaub from tehachapi ca. With my 02 Chevy Astro van. Currently awd soon to have a 4x transfer case swap. View attachment 34337View attachment 34338
Hey Mike and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Shauby

traileprsb

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Walnut,CA
Member #

Hi all

This is Bharath. Novice to overlanding and have been enjoying the company of a 4runner. Been off the beaten path on some occasions and planning to do more of it in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fib.ina.t4r

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alton,Illinois
Member #

Hello from Illinois! About 30 minutes from St.Louis,MO. Just to give you a reference point. My name is Ryan and I recently purchased a 2002 SR5 4runner. Hit 146k on the nose after the test drive and I absolutely love it! Beginner to overlanding/off-roading. Enjoy just getting out doors and seeing new things. Looking forward to making my rig my own over the next couple years and getting it out in it's natural habitat. Happy to have this as a reference point for ideas/questions/locations,etc.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from Illinois! About 30 minutes from St.Louis,MO. Just to give you a reference point. My name is Ryan and I recently purchased a 2002 SR5 4runner. Hit 146k on the nose after the test drive and I absolutely love it! Beginner to overlanding/off-roading. Enjoy just getting out doors and seeing new things. Looking forward to making my rig my own over the next couple years and getting it out in it's natural habitat. Happy to have this as a reference point for ideas/questions/locations,etc.
Hey Ryan and welcome to OB! Enjoy making upgrading your 4Runner! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

RiderAir

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Prescott, AZ
Member #

Hey OB Team! I have 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser in San Diego, CA. Been overlanding for a few years now, so I'd say I'm intermediate. I'm sure I'll be getting into even more adventures with this great community! Cheers!

KC'sJK

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello from Ohio! I have been interested in overland travel for some time now and was glad to find this site. I have a 2013 Jeep JK that I am slowly customizing as time and money allows. I am new to overloading and have enjoyed exploring the backroads around Ohio. Looking forward to learning from the more experienced travelers on here.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from Ohio! I have been interested in overland travel for some time now and was glad to find this site. I have a 2013 Jeep JK that I am slowly customizing as time and money allows. I am new to overloading and have enjoyed exploring the backroads around Ohio. Looking forward to learning from the more experienced travelers on here.
Hi KC and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Alfster

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sand Springs, OK
Member #

Hello all!

My name is Russ, and I've just found this "overlanding" thing and it looks really run.

Rig: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, it's been my daily driver for a while and has been an overall good vehicle. I have done a few modifications mostly all bolt on stuff, bumpers, wheels and tires, etc. I'll grab some pics when i can.

Overlanding Experience: Novice, just learning and getting interested in this hobby. I've done car camping, backpacking, rv'ing much of my life. Thanks to my dad, who took me camping for the first time when I was 10 years old, I love the outdoors and nature, especially in this overly technological world we seem to live in. I have nieces and nephews that live with me and I'm wanting to pass the love of the outdoors and experiencing nature with them, if I can get them to put down their ipads for a few minutes...hehe

Looking forward to this forum of knowledge, Thanks!

--Alfster

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all!

My name is Russ, and I've just found this "overlanding" thing and it looks really run.

Rig: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, it's been my daily driver for a while and has been an overall good vehicle. I have done a few modifications mostly all bolt on stuff, bumpers, wheels and tires, etc. I'll grab some pics when i can.

Overlanding Experience: Novice, just learning and getting interested in this hobby. I've done car camping, backpacking, rv'ing much of my life. Thanks to my dad, who took me camping for the first time when I was 10 years old, I love the outdoors and nature, especially in this overly technological world we seem to live in. I have nieces and nephews that live with me and I'm wanting to pass the love of the outdoors and experiencing nature with them, if I can get them to put down their ipads for a few minutes...hehe

Looking forward to this forum of knowledge, Thanks!

--Alfster
Hi Alfster and welcome to OB! Nice - a Jeep! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

ScotJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Walnut Creek, CA
Member #

Hi !!

New guy from Walnut Creek. CA.

Just joined a couple of weeks ago :-)

My intro was delayed by a short Sierra trip over Labor Day Weekend.

The wife and I took our 2016 JK out for a loop over the Sierras via Hwy 4, around the back side of Bodie, South to Lee Vining and then back home over Tioga.

Pretty new to Overlanding but have a lot of two-wheel touring (on and off-road) experience.

The rig: (Kitchen is in Margarita Configuration)929E57FB-0850-4849-8060-66430BE051BE.JPG

Last edited:

brad perry

Rank 0

Traveler I

Indiana
Rig: 2004 F250 FX4 6.0
Experience: Loads of tent camping and driving the dirt roads to get to those locations never a specific overland journey though. In the very early planning stages of a trip to Appalachian area somewhere south of the Mason Dixon preferably. Expedition overland and mountain state overland are big motivators for me.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi !!

New guy from Walnut Creek. CA.

Just joined a couple of weeks ago :-)

My intro was delayed by a short Sierra trip over Labor Day Weekend.

The wife and I took our 2016 JK out for a loop over the Sierras via Hwy 4, around the back side of Bodie, South to Lee Vining and then back home over Tioga.

Pretty new to Overlanding but have a lot of two-wheel touring (on and off-road) experience.

The rig: (Kitchen is in Margarita Configuration)View attachment 34365
Hi Scot J and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Mark Bouliane

Traveler I

Hi everyone,

1. Kelowna, BC, Canada (expat Kiwi, living here for 4 years)
2 . No rig......yet, piloted a 1993 diesel surf and then a 2000 diesel surf back in NZ
3. Definitely a novice, few beach trips sleeping in back of truck and one ski trip colder than I thought it was going to be!!

Hoping to get into a rig mid 2018, but here to learn from others mistakes and pick up a few tips

Cheers
Rich.

Reactions: Northernlady