Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Claymore F.T.E.

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Orange Beach, AL
Member #

New member from West Point, Mississippi. This small town seems to have sheltered me from the awesomeness of overlanding. Needless to say I'm a noob. I've always loved camping and hunting though. I recently discovered OB by watching Venture4WD's YouTube videos. I've always wanted a Jeep and finally got one. Since it's purchase I've been slowly gathering intel on what adventures I can take it on, and what mods I'll need to make those adventures that more enjoyable. Overlanding seems to be the best of all worlds: Daily Driver, Trail Rigs, Light Mud and Light Rock Crawling. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for the members here.

Rig: 2016 Jeep JKU, Back Country Edition
-Stock, with the factory installed AEV Bumpers

IMG_0118.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone, Im Joe from Fort Collins, CO and here is my rig!
View attachment 33816
View attachment 33815
2001 Chevy Suburban
Mods:
Suspension
-Front:
-2" leveling keys
-Cognito UCAs
-Upgraded tie rods with Rough Country sleeves
-Bilstein 5160 shocks
-Rear:
-2.5" lift from Z71 coils
-Bilstein 5160 shocks
-Fuel Trophy Wheels
-32" Falken Wildpeak AT2
-Spyder Auto lights all around
-Bushwacker Flares
-Line-X on lower half of body and flares
-Duramax mirrors
-New brake system and a TON of maintenance to keep her running like new!

Experience: Novice overlander but looking to have fun and get into it more this fall as temps start to cool off :)
Hey Joe and welcome to OB! Nice looking Suburban! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: DanR

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New member from West Point, Mississippi. This small town seems to have sheltered me from the awesomeness of overlanding. Needless to say I'm a noob. I've always loved camping and hunting though. I recently discovered OB by watching Venture4WD's YouTube videos. I've always wanted a Jeep and finally got one. Since it's purchase I've been slowly gathering intel on what adventures I can take it on, and what mods I'll need to make those adventures that more enjoyable. Overlanding seems to be the best of all worlds: Daily Driver, Trail Rigs, Light Mud and Light Rock Crawling. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for the members here.

Rig: 2016 Jeep JKU, Back Country Edition
-Stock, with the factory installed AEV Bumpers

View attachment 34267
Hi Claymore F.T.E and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Claymore F.T.E.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location (General area is fine): Lived in Oregon most of my life. Had a stint in CA and Hawaii but always returned to the Willamette Valley.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

- I have two rigs. One is in progress and is a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge Plus and up to this time has been used as a work truck but now that my son is older we want to build it into an Overland Adventure vehicle. The only issue is that we have two dogs and a wife/mom that wants to join so we may be upgrading to something a bit more suited for that: Can I say Land Cruiser or LX450

- Our other rig is a not so normal rig for this thread but it does get is out and about. We have a 2014 Mini Countryman JCW. This past summer we did a 4000 mile Northwest Excursion in it. Most of it above 8000 ft and explored many back roads in the Cascades, Oregon High Desert, Idaho Sawtooth's, Yellowstone, Wyoming Bighorns and Washington's desert.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!): Probably somewhere between a Novice to Intermediate. I have spent some time off road but not a lot. We do a lot of car camping and backwoods backpacking but the vehicle build out part is new. We are very excited to learn more, meet people with similar interests and maybe even attend some events.
Hey Brandon and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone,
My name's Chris and I just signed up today. I'm new to the whole overlanding scene, but I'm looking forward to becoming more submersed in it. I only have one photo of my rig, which I'm slowly trying to mod (so far, just tires and a new grill haha). I have a Leitner rack coming in, with an RTT in the garage waiting. Can't wait to put them on and get started on the first trip! Anyway...

Rig: 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4View attachment 33820

Overland Eperience: Novice

I look forward to gaining more information and experience from this group...and hopefully, make a few friends in the process.

Cheers!
Chris
Hey Chris and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello,

I am located in Corona Ca. I have a 2010 Tacoma 2wheel drive that i've been attempting to use with some success, however, I decided i better have
4wd so I picked up a 4Runner that i think I'll be happy with. I am definitely a novice hoping to move on up.

I tried to post a few pictures but i guess i aint tech savvy. It took twenty minutes just to get the avatar up a couple of weeks ago and i don't know how i managed that
Hello Bashmaster and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

1) Location: Olympia, WA soon to be Kapolei, HI
2)Rig: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
3)Experience: Somewhere between Novice and Mediocre. Been into solo survival and exploration for awhile, but just recently started doing it with a vehicle.

Pictures to come
Hey DanglyShackles and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 33926 Hello Overlandbound community,

My name is Guillermo.
Rig: Toyota FJ Cruiser 2010
Experience: Moderate. Lots of experience backpacking and camping and some off-roading. No serious off-roading trips yet but looking forward to them.
Hey Guillermo and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello there...I'm Luis, but I go by Galgo on the trails.

1. El Paso, Texas
2. 2005 Toyota FJ.
3. Experience? I've been around the block....but there's always something to learn from my fellow overlanders.

Anybody in the El Paso area or vicinity, let me know, we'll head out somewhere.

Peace!

View attachment 33936
Hey Juis and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all!
Our family is loving exploring with our 4Runner. So far we have been all over Washington and recently took a 4100 mile trip (with a travel trailer) around the southwest. This trip included a stop in Moab for some offroading. This has solidified my family's desire to get out more and use our 4Runner as the backbone of doing so.

The 4Runner has come a long way in the 5 years we have owned it and it is dual purpose for me.

The other thing I do is Rally Sweep. Basically I am part of the course closing and medical support for the event. When a car goes off stage or has a breakdown, our team is there to get them back to service and attend to the driver and co-driver. I really enjoy being outdoors and helping others.

Previously I was in Search and Rescue 4x4 for King County.

Regards,

Mike.
Hey Mike and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Michael Mayfarth

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all, my name is Jose and I just joined. I'm still new to overlanding as I recently purchased a 99 Land Rover Disco 2. Its currently stock and have taken it into the dirt/rocks a couple times and really like it. Im located in San Diego CA, and looking to start meeting people local to me to go explore the mountains and deserts around here.
Hi Jose and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Spam2021

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

1) Location: Des Moines, IA
2)Rig: Building a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ, long arms and stuff....
3)Experience: Novice when it comes to overlanding, but no stranger to the dirt.
1) Location: Des Moines, IA
2)Rig: Building a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ, long arms and stuff....
3)Experience: Novice when it comes to overlanding, but no stranger to the dirt.
Hi LeadFoot and welcome to OB! Nice Jeep! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Joined today. Looking forward to getting back out there. We had a 2010 Rubicon. Sold it a while back and regretted it. We recently bought a 2017 Rubicon Recon. Need to wear out the tires quickly so I can justify my build plans to my wife. By no means am I an expert, but I do alright. I have been off road most of my adult life of and on. Everything from ATVs to Tanks. Commanded a tank in the Army and did a lot of off roading with that. (mostly in deserts)
Hey Bulldog22 and welcome to OB! 1st off, thank you for your service. 2nd off, nice looking Jeep! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!