First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Marshall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6RTN
New member from Sacramento, Ca

My rig is not nearly complete but it is 2016 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock named Lola Jean. I have limited myself to day trips so far and haven't gone for any extensive trips and camping with this rig. Prior overlanding was in my 36 foot class A motor home.

As to where I prefer to go my license plate says it "LOVMTNS"

Reactions: Northernlady

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone! Evan from Beaverton, Oregon area. Rig is a 2017 Ram 1500 5.7L. She's fresh and clean and ready to get out and dirty! Looking forward to meeting a ton of new people to share some adventures with. Love being outdoors as much as possible and building an overland rig has been on my mind for some years now. Recently got out of a terrible life situation, bought myself a new rig and ready to go explore!
Hello, Evan and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New member from Sacramento, Ca

My rig is not nearly complete but it is 2016 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock named Lola Jean. I have limited myself to day trips so far and haven't gone for any extensive trips and camping with this rig. Prior overlanding was in my 36 foot class A motor home.

As to where I prefer to go my license plate says it "LOVMTNS"
Hello, Chuck and welcome to OB! Lola Jean sounds like one nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Russ Laraway

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Alpine, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Laraway
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FJC
IMG_0542.JPG 46AFCBAF-9AAD-46A7-ACC4-4E9A92AEEAED.JPG Hi folks
New member from Belmont, CA. Name is Russ.

Live on the SF Bay peninsula and am a pretty experienced overlander/outdoors person. Was an infantry Marine, have my ham radio license (W6FJC), camp a lot, active LandOps Operator.

Have two trucks:

2010 FJ Cruiser "Marine Green" - with about 50 modifications
2016 4Runner TRD "Sidewinder" - Highlights:
- 2.5 " King coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, 3" Icon variable rate springs. 285 70/17 Trail Grapplers
- Yaesu dual band/APRS mobile radio
- dual battery
- dual compressor
- ARB drawers w fridge slide
- K9 roof rack
- Rigid Light Bars
- Warn winch, synthetic
- CBI rear bumper
- Tepui RTT

And a trailer!
XVenture XV2
- James Baroud RTT
- 22 gal water
- sink, shower, stove

Mostly, I just don't get out enough. Primary barrier is limited understanding of good NorCal backcountry spots. Excited to get on the forum and rectify that a bit.

Cool community, far too much to digest tonight, but happy to have taken the first step.

Outfit and explore!
Russ

IMG_0542.JPG

Reactions: DanR

Jeremy Katka

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Seattle, WA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Katka
Member #

Hi, I am a new member from Seattle, WA. My name is Jeremy.
Living in the Northwest there is opportune chance to go out and explore. I have done short offroad day trips and am interested in doing longer (multi-day) trips.

I have mainly owned Land Rover products. My current trucks are a 1994 LWB Range Rover and a 2006 LR3. Both remain in fairly stock form with AT tires on both.

Happy to be here and find out more about different overland experiences.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Quinn

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
Member #

Hey everyone, new here and thanks for the welcome!
Still pretty fresh into the off-roading/overlanding lifestyle but I absolutely love it.

I have a 2007 fj cruiser
Located in San Diego, California
And as for experience, like I said above still fresh but learning a lot since I started in March of this year.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Living in the Northwest there is opportune chance to go out and explore. I have done short offroad day trips and am interested in doing longer (multi-day) trips.

I have mainly owned Land Rover products. My current trucks are a 1994 LWB Range Rover and a 2006 LR3. Both remain in fairly stock form with AT tires on both.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Kcrkolby

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Morgan Hill, CA
Member #

Hi everyone,

So glad to be apart of the Overlanding community. Not sure how to upload a picture in my post but....

1)Rig is pictured below. Older pic as i need to take a new one with some of my updates.
2) I am from Morgan Hill, CA
3) 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Base
4) My overlanding experience i wouldsay is moderate. Most of my time overlanding is during hunting trips in northern California. A buddy and I plan to do a trip to Moab in May so any tips are helpful!!

Excited to be here.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone,

So glad to be apart of the Overlanding community. Not sure how to upload a picture in my post but....

1)Rig is pictured below. Older pic as i need to take a new one with some of my updates.
2) I am from Morgan Hill, CA
3) 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Base
4) My overlanding experience i wouldsay is moderate. Most of my time overlanding is during hunting trips in northern California. A buddy and I plan to do a trip to Moab in May so any tips are helpful!!

Excited to be here.
Hello Kcrkolby and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Radetzky

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi there,

I live in Bielsko-Biała, Poland. For last 7 years my ride is 1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0, automatic, NP242, with Rough Country 3" lift. I've already done some improvements, but it is constantly under construction to meet my needs, so now it sits 4" high with hack'n'tap SYE, and I'm looking for 31" tires to replace my 30" Yokohama AT.

I've got some minor experience with overlanding, mostly exploring mountains in south-eastern Europe. I prefer trail off-roading than spending whole day in a single mud pit.

I am really glad to join this community :-)

20150724_143426__MG_2444.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi there,

I live in Bielsko-Biała, Poland. For last 7 years my ride is 1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0, automatic, NP242, with Rough Country 3" lift. I've already done some improvements, but it is constantly under construction to meet my needs, so now it sits 4" high with hack'n'tap SYE, and I'm looking for 31" tires to replace my 30" Yokohama AT.

I've got some minor experience with overlanding, mostly exploring mountains in south-eastern Europe. I prefer trail off-roading than spending whole day in a single mud pit.

I am really glad to join this community :-)

View attachment 33802
Hello Radetzky and welcome to OB! Nice Cherokee! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all, new member here out of Grand Blanc, Michigan. Sporting a 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ. Roughly 150K miles, just trying to figure out a driveline vibration and she is ready for the open road!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hello Quckdraw and welcome to OB! Nice looking XJ, RTT and pup! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: quicksdraw92-6962

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

View attachment 33785 View attachment 33789 Hi folks
New member from Belmont, CA. Name is Russ.

Live on the SF Bay peninsula and am a pretty experienced overlander/outdoors person. Was an infantry Marine, have my ham radio license (W6FJC), camp a lot, active LandOps Operator.

Have two trucks:

2010 FJ Cruiser "Marine Green" - with about 50 modifications
2016 4Runner TRD "Sidewinder" - Highlights:
- 2.5 " King coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, 3" Icon variable rate springs. 285 70/17 Trail Grapplers
- Yaesu dual band/APRS mobile radio
- dual battery
- dual compressor
- ARB drawers w fridge slide
- K9 roof rack
- Rigid Light Bars
- Warn winch, synthetic
- CBI rear bumper
- Tepui RTT

And a trailer!
XVenture XV2
- James Baroud RTT
- 22 gal water
- sink, shower, stove

Mostly, I just don't get out enough. Primary barrier is limited understanding of good NorCal backcountry spots. Excited to get on the forum and rectify that a bit.

Cool community, far too much to digest tonight, but happy to have taken the first step.

Outfit and explore!
Russ

View attachment 33785
Welcome from Albuquerque!

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Anthony. I know its not the best over landing vehicle but its been all over Washington and Idaho. I am Currently stationed in WA and I am a 6 year Survival instructor for the USAF. I am not an expert in over landing or off-roading but I have a vast knowledge when it comes to survival. I am a family man, married with a 3 month old and a lab as my co-pilot. I have done an insane amount of camping for both pleasure and work but just recently became very interested in over landing and am starting the transformation on my rig.View attachment 33354
Welcome from Albuquerque! Hey, it's our mantra; It doesn't matter what you drive. Get out, and explore!

joe_brausch4

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey everyone, Im Joe from Fort Collins, CO and here is my rig!
IMG_1576.jpg
20160313_191346.jpg
2001 Chevy Suburban
Mods:
Suspension
-Front:
-2" leveling keys
-Cognito UCAs
-Upgraded tie rods with Rough Country sleeves
-Bilstein 5160 shocks
-Rear:
-2.5" lift from Z71 coils
-Bilstein 5160 shocks
-Fuel Trophy Wheels
-32" Falken Wildpeak AT2
-Spyder Auto lights all around
-Bushwacker Flares
-Line-X on lower half of body and flares
-Duramax mirrors
-New brake system and a TON of maintenance to keep her running like new!

Experience: Novice overlander but looking to have fun and get into it more this fall as temps start to cool off :)

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hey everyone, Im Joe from Fort Collins, CO and here is my rig!
View attachment 33816
View attachment 33815
2001 Chevy Suburban
Mods:
Suspension
-Front:
-2" leveling keys
-Cognito UCAs
-Upgraded tie rods with Rough Country sleeves
-Bilstein 5160 shocks
-Rear:
-2.5" lift from Z71 coils
-Bilstein 5160 shocks
-Fuel Trophy Wheels
-32" Falken Wildpeak AT2
-Spyder Auto lights all around
-Bushwacker Flares
-Line-X on lower half of body and flares
-Duramax mirrors
-New brake system and a TON of maintenance to keep her running like new!

Experience: Novice overlander but looking to have fun and get into it more this fall as temps start to cool off :)
Good to have you! Welcome from Albuquerque!

Reactions: joe_brausch4

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Thanks,
Jeremy
Welcome from Albuquerque!