Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

Welcome to the group Ruben. Sounds like you have an awesome adventure and build planned. May your adventures be many!

Reactions: Ruben Magro

wasuber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Woodinville, Wa.
Member #

Hello all!

I have some pictures I'll share when I am able to do so, in the process of building/maintaining a camp/tow/recreational all around go anywhere rig.
I'm located in Washington state in the Pacific Northwest, 18 miles east of Seattle in Woodinville.
I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 that I've been modding to get me where I want to go :)
I don't have a lot of overlanding experience but I'm out on the trails with my UTV's with my son and we are exploring all Washington and Oregon has to offer from sand dunes to forest! Having a blast!

frontyard.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthurBRZ

Phenom3030

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO
Member #

Aloha all!

Rig: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Overlanding Experience Background: Completely new! Just learned about Overland Bound from Jake Wettern's Youtube channel (IAmJake). And my wife and I just got our Jeeps earlier this year. I'm really looking forward to learning more about overloading and getting out there and experiencing the great outdoors in a different way than I ever have!

Cheers!

- Jon

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Hi from okanagan valley in BC Canada.

just put my emblem of my fj today. I spend a lot of time with my canoe on my truck and my fishing rod in the back. tons of lakes and roads to explore around here. recently developed a major interest in forest lookouts. looking forward to some more upgrades and, even more importantly, more adventures. thanks for the sweet community.
Welcome from another Okanagan Valley member.

Reactions: Northernlady

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from Michgan. I'm just getting back into over landing, although the we never called it that. I Just picked up a stock 2003 Land Rover discovery 2 that I'm going to t down and then build up. I'm up in Michigans UP now dropping my daughter off at NMU. I wish I had the rig here. My wife and I will get out a do some exploring in our pickup before we head back to Grand Rapids.

I enjoy watching all the vids on YouTube. I'm looking forward to being part of the group.
Hello OB7199 and welcome to the OB Forums! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all!

I have some pictures I'll share when I am able to do so, in the process of building/maintaining a camp/tow/recreational all around go anywhere rig.
I'm located in Washington state in the Pacific Northwest, 18 miles east of Seattle in Woodinville.
I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 that I've been modding to get me where I want to go :)
I don't have a lot of overlanding experience but I'm out on the trails with my UTV's with my son and we are exploring all Washington and Oregon has to offer from sand dunes to forest! Having a blast!

View attachment 32759
Hello wasuber and welcome to OB! Nice rig and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

OB 7199

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Englishville, Michigan
Member #

Hello OB7199 and welcome to the OB Forums! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
Thanks Jake. Sorry to hear about your dad... Love your vlogs. Appleton is a great town. I've been there a few times. I work for Gordon Food Service. We have a store there.

Can't wait to see you back with Jade. Keep inspiring us all to live life and enjoy nature.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks Jake. Sorry to hear about your dad... Love your vlogs. Appleton is a great town. I've been there a few times. I work for Gordon Food Service. We have a store there.

Can't wait to see you back with Jade. Keep inspiring us all to live life and enjoy nature.
I appreciate your condolences - means a lot! I haven't announced this yet, but I am returning to Jade the first week of September - so the road trip continues and so do the frequent vlogs! Thank you for your support and for following my journey!

wildweaselmi

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Davison, MI
First Name
Cowboy
Last Name
Denny
Service Branch
Air Force
Hello fellow Overlanding Gear Crushers.
Been all over the world thanks to my time serving my country in the United States Air Force. Fell 150ft off a mountain and broke my back during my service and received and Honorable Discharge with Medical.

I now live in Davison, Michigan after a couple of divorces and my latest marriage (3rd time is a charm so they say) with two boys (7 & 13).

Still working on (but fully functional) 1991 Chevy K5 Blazer (last year they made them with a removable top).
IMG_3271.JPG
IMG_2919.JPG
As far as my experience overloading I'm a Novice. I fell in love with overloading by watching Overland Expedition on Youtube and was like.. I want to do that. Of course once you get to know me you'll learn I like to be the black sheep, doing something different than everyone else. It typically more difficult since vendors don't really support my choices as much as the common choice but I find I'm more proud of my vehicle when its all said and done than if I got a more supported choice.

I won't get into the specifics of my build so far but it is available to review on Gear Crushers where I have a lot of step by steps on the build.

Look forward to my time with Overland Bound and hopes to learn a few things.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanding Gear Crushers.
Been all over the world thanks to my time serving my country in the United States Air Force. Fell 150ft off a mountain and broke my back during my service and received and Honorable Discharge with Medical.

I now live in Davison, Michigan after a couple of divorces and my latest marriage (3rd time is a charm so they say) with two boys (7 & 13).

Still working on (but fully functional) 1991 Chevy K5 Blazer (last year they made them with a removable top).
View attachment 32813
View attachment 32814
As far as my experience overloading I'm a Novice. I fell in love with overloading by watching Overland Expedition on Youtube and was like.. I want to do that. Of course once you get to know me you'll learn I like to be the black sheep, doing something different than everyone else. It typically more difficult since vendors don't really support my choices as much as the common choice but I find I'm more proud of my vehicle when its all said and done than if I got a more supported choice.

I won't get into the specifics of my build so far but it is available to review on Gear Crushers where I have a lot of step by steps on the build.

Look forward to my time with Overland Bound and hopes to learn a few things.
Hello, Wildweaselmi and welcome to OB! Nice looking Blazer! Thank you for your service! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Swoldier

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mooresville, IN
Member #

Hey guys excited to be here.
Rig: 2014 Toyota 4runner SR5 Prem.
Overlanding Exp.: Plenty of overlanding in Iraq and Afghanistan, stateside was mainly in the mountains of Colorado in my old rig but none so far in the 4runner since its new to me.

Attachments

Reactions: Beee