Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Bronco Driver

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all, name is Brandon DiPietro I am from San Diego. Have done some off roading in our local area. Building a pre-runner that is now turning into a way to modified overland vehicle. It is an 89 Bronco that I hope to have up and running next year. Attended the Overland expo west last year and I am real interested in trying some of the back country trails i.e. AZ and NM. Looking forward to it being an adventure with my two boys.

Last edited:

billyballer

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey all,
Another new member here.
Vehicles: 1986 Jeep CJ7 and 2004 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 (commuter)
Overlanding experience: I'd say I'm right in the middle. Done a bit of light wheeling , tons of camping (both backpacking and car), and hiking.
I love the out doors. Worked restoring cars for about 12 years then changed to working on people (now work as a nurse).
I'm really looking forward to getting the jeep out on more 4 wheel drive roads where I can end the day at a beautiful campsite. That's an ideal vacation in my book.
I'm also an old car junky and I'm sure I'm not alone here. I own 3 old British cars, and old Italian scooter, and vintage Japanese bike, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Really looking forward to meeting some like minded people here.

Bill
Tahoe Jeep 2.JPG Tahoe jeep.JPG

Reactions: Randy P

TRDProtein

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello all! Name is Alvin and thanks for having me.

OB6798 here from Las Vegas, NV

Been drooling over the T4R the last 5 months and recently pulled the trigger on a 2017 TRD OR Premium 2 weeks ago.

I admit that I am stepping out of my comfort zone on this one. I tracked my previous vehicle and that was the original hobby. However, me and my wife are in the point of our lives where we want to travel and explore. Hence the new 4Runner :)

See you guys out there

IMG_1111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Been drooling over the T4R the last 5 months and recently pulled the trigger on a 2017 TRD OR Premium 2 weeks ago.

I admit that I am stepping out of my comfort zone on this one. I tracked my previous vehicle and that was the original hobby. However, me and my wife are in the point of our lives where we want to travel and explore. Hence the new 4Runner :)

See you guys out there

View attachment 31938

Did you used to roll with Vegas 86? Awesome to see a(n ex) 86 owner! I split the difference between tracking and off-roading for mine! Welcome to OB!

Reactions: tsingson

Agplant

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

High Level, Alberta
Member #

Greetings, after lurking for a while I pulled the trigger & joined up.
Name is Allen, fairly new to Overlanding but have been riding ADV bikes for some time. Attended OX in Flagstaff in 2014 & 16 riding all the way down on the bike, that planted the seed of expanding beyond the bike.
Current rig is a 2015 Grand Cherokee (the wifes truck :wink:). Picked up an Echo 4 trailer in the spring from the Canadian importer in Cranbrook and have been loving it so far this summer.
I still like my bikes (did 3 weeks on the road to Alaska in June), but the added luxury of the trailer is addictive.

Riley Daily

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Montana
Member #

Hello OB, My name is Riley and I'm new to the site. I'm a student at the moment but when ever I have free time I'm either in the garage working on a new trailer, doing something new to the jeep we call Sally, or I'm off on an adventure in Sally with my girlfriend and company. Here is a picture of Sally and the first adventure trailer I built.

Attachments

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Still do. I'm one of the originals.
That's so sick that you are able to do both with your 86. Not very many people use that car for its potential :/

Oh sweet, nice! Yeah, there's a lot of potential in this car and I plan on using every bit of it. Just gonna take a while for some of the bigger stuff haha

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

See you guys out there

View attachment 31938

Nie BRZ/FRS! My other toy is a 99 Miata that is currently getting ready for the spring season at the track. First event will be at AMP (Atlanta Motorsports Park).

Mitra6

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi all, my name is Mário, i'm from Portugal and thanks for having me here.
Just getting started on overlanding so i came here searching for some expertise, advices, products... basically anything i can learn and put to good use!

Best regards

Current Vehicle: 1995 Range Rover P38 HSE
Overland Experience: Complete novice

Johno144

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all,

I'm new to the group. I started a family (currently 2 & 4 years old) and between rigs. Saving up for a new JL wrangler 4 door to build up the next 20 years and share adventures. I'm very experienced and looking forward to getting back out there. For now I'm regulated to short trips and what we can fit in a Subaru Outback. See you on the trail.

Reactions: TRDProtein

Mitra6

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello all,

I'm new to the group. I started a family (currently 2 & 4 years old) and between rigs. Saving up for a new JL wrangler 4 door to build up the next 20 years and share adventures. I'm very experienced and looking forward to getting back out there. For now I'm regulated to short trips and what we can fit in a Subaru Outback. See you on the trail.
Welcome, i hope everything goes accordingly with the new rig and that you can start the build soon! ;)
Best regards

Snowman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bakersfield CA USA
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

Hows it going everybody, I'm new to overlanding. Actually I am still in the process of making my rig overland capable. I drive a 1997 Toyota Tacoma, I live in Bakersfield Ca. I will be posting some pics soon. I look forward to catching some of you on the trail!

Reactions: TRDProtein

Michael Carpenter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phoenix Arizona
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

My name is mike,
I've been involved in wheeling my whole life... as long as I can recall anyhow.
Exploring is my primary goal. I love to be out there for many different reasons.
96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I currently live in Phoenix, Arizona
I go north every chance I get

Attachments

SinCityOverland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
shaun
Last Name
field
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
a hole
Hello all! My name is Patrick my wife Leah and I live in the Denver Metro area. We are very new to overlanding so I would place us firmly in the novice category. We are experienced backpackers and have an absolute love for the outdoors. We have two dogs that go on all our adventures. We discovered overlanding by mostly accident when I purchased my 2015 Tacoma TRD Off road DCSB and started going places to mostly car camp. Overlanding took over after we started exploring more roads less traveled. I have since started the process of building our rig. I have all new suspension and armor is up next. We put a topper on and I built a custom platform to sleep on for now. RTT is a future upgrade. We are very excited to be part of this community. I can't wait to learn from all of you and get to know some great people!
Hope to see you on the trails. Welcome from a sw colorado member.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Michael Carpenter

L3TT3RS

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey y'all.
Taylor here from Longview Texas.
We, my wife and I, have two new rigs ready for mild builds.
16 t4r
17 Tacoma TRDOR
I have some off-road experience and some camping experience but no overlanding. I thoroughly enjoy both and have been lurking for quite some time. Glad to be here and ready to learn.

Plans for each rig
The t4r will be built slower and more gradual as the kids are 3 and 5 months. So they won't be going any time soon. The Tacoma we are taking on a weekend trip in a couple months, so I'll get a better idea on what I feel is priority.
But these are listed as what i feel are priority for the off roading and dispersed camping close to me.
---------------------------------------------
T4r- family camping rig for four plus a dog or two
Frankenstein roof rack/aux work/reverse/camp lights 360°
Likely 5100s/cornfed lift
larger all terrain tires. Likely cooper at3
Baja designs squadron pro fogs(amber?)
collapsible sleeping platform that doubles as drawer system/storage in the rear
--------------------------------------------
If I can get my wife on board with overlanding/off-roading
>>>
On board air
Sliders/skids
Depending on wife- upgrade to icon suspension.
Tacoma-
255/85/16 st maxx-
Baja designs squadron pro fogs(amber?)
Figure out solution for additional aux/work/camp lighting 360°
on board air
Skids
Sliders
Truck cap
bed storage/drawer system
Suspension will be addressed based on weight added and need/want for better performance. But likely icon.

Camping duties will be out of a geo ground tent.
Awnings will be made out of tarps and lines as needed at camp sites. Most places we will visit locally will have trees abundantly.

Cooking will be on a Coleman camp stove until I can get a skottle( hopefully soon)

I think have plans covered.
Now that it's written down. I have some tangible goals.
Thanks for having me!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

My name is mike,
I've been involved in wheeling my whole life... as long as I can recall anyhow.
Exploring is my primary goal. I love to be out there for many different reasons.
96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I currently live in Phoenix, Arizona
I go north every chance I get
Hey Mike, welcome from another AZ member! If you wanna dive in, I've started planning a beginner's trail crawl coming up in October! More info here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/arizona-lake-pleasant-trail-planning.9126/

Reactions: Michael Carpenter