• HTML tutorial

RKTJeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Harford County, MD
Member #

Hello from MD!

Just getting in to the whole Overlanding. I have done much wheeling in my Wrangler but now I'm converting my 2000 Jeep XJ in to an overloading rig! Planning on doing an around the country road trip next summer in the XJ....Needs some work!

HoffmanMark

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas, Texas, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

HI Everyone!,
I'm looking forward to the wealth of information on building an overland vehicle. I have a 2004 4RNR Lmtd that will slowly be built to tackle some long off-road adventures in a couple of years. For now my son Asher and I will keep the trip local to Texas and Arkansas!

Mark

HoffmanMark

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas, Texas, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Here is my 04 4Rnr Lmtd so far all that I've done is a ToyTec Boss 2.0 3" lift with SPC/Light Racing adjustable UPCs. Next on the list will be sliders-any recommendations for ones that bolt on and have kick outs would be appreciated. Then a Southern Style Offroaders bumper and Warn winch.

Attachments

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Hello, I just recently joined Overland Bound and the forums and while a new member, I'm not new to vehicle based travel and 4-wheeling. I have tent camped for 30 some years and have had lots of Jeeps from CJ-7's, Wagoneer's, Cherokee's, Grand Cherokees, and Wranglers. I currently have a 2015 Jeep JKU and have paired it with a Horizon trailer from Adventure Trailers. It is awesome to see such enthusiasm about Overlanding and I look forward to meeting some of you. I have attached a few shots of my Jeep and Trailer, along with it setup when we bought it.

We have used the trailer for two summers now and have somehow managed to not take any photos of the trailer at any of our campsites.:unamused:

Thanks,
Randy B
KansasView attachment 31534 View attachment 31535 View attachment 31536
Beautiful ruby! Welcom to OB

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

HI Everyone!,
I'm looking forward to the wealth of information on building an overland vehicle. I have a 2004 4RNR Lmtd that will slowly be built to tackle some long off-road adventures in a couple of years. For now my son Asher and I will keep the trip local to Texas and Arkansas!

Mark
Hi and Welcome both you and Asher

Gen1Runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Prescott, Arizona
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanders! Just found this forum and am super stoked to learn from everybody!

Current rigs: 1986 Toyota 4Runner (in photo) and 2000 Toyota 4Runner

I have been enjoying off-road and backcountry camping for several years but have always done light trips. I am currently building up my 1st Gen to be my overland rig and never quit adding. Thanks for adding me into your group!

Reactions: jetech and HankinWI

Forson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rincon Mountains, Arizona, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Forsell
Member #

Location (General area is fine)

Northern Minnesota

Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

2017 Toyota 4runner TRD Off-road

Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

Over 20 years in Jeeps/Buggies, rock crawling. New to Overlanding.

Reactions: HankinWI

Lukas

Rank II

Contributor III

Wexford, Ireland
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Furmanek
Member #

View attachment 25254 Morning from the east coast! This is Jared from Rhode Island. I've been building a somewhat-prepped overlander rig for about a year now and figured it's probably time to actually get started in it. I'm excited to see what this forum and this seemingly great group of people has to offer especially up north for me. I've always loved adventuring and getting off the paved roads so I think I'll fit right in. My member badges will be here soon enough and I couldn't be more excited.
My rig at the moment is a 2006 Ford Expedition, it's got a 3.5" lift kit, fully updated suspension, 35" tires, quite a few power mods, Yakima roof rack, some lights, cb radio, some underbody protection, safety equipment (fire extinguisher/flashlights/tools/etc.), and its big enough to comfortably sleep 2 people lol.
Hoping to have a great experience on here with everyone.
Hi Gruz7.
Great looking rig. I own the Expedition myself and I am at the beginning of my adventure in overlanding. I am currently searching parts suppliers for the Expedition. Not easy to find. Could you please share where you got your parts from?
Thanks!
Lukas

Reactions: Gruz7

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Finally got through the first major modification to my car and I feel it's respectable enough to post about!

New to OB, not new to exploring. Joined back at the end of May. '16 Subaru BRZ on the starting track of becoming a rally/off-roading rig.

I'm from the Phoenix, AZ metro area. Haven't done anything too crazy with my BRZ, I'm playing it safe with what she can do until I'm able to do self-recovery, but so far she's crawled trails and swam through a few inches of mud. I'm thinking about doing a little desert running, though I'm worried about hitting sand that's too soft...

Anyway, hit me up if you're in Arizona!

Attachments

Reactions: HankinWI

choladay

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Houston, TX
Member #

Hello from LA,
I'm hail from LA. I'm originally from the Midwest. Ever since moving out west, my wife and I decided we were going to do some more camping and exploring. That also peaked my interest in overlanding. I'm no stranger to the outdoors but am completely new to overlanding. I do not have a rig as of right now but that is coming in the near future. I'm looking for something that is pretty capable off-road because there are places out here that need such a vehicle. I hope to learn a lot while I'm here and hopefully I can contribute something as well. On a side note, we did just finish up a trip to AZ to camp around the Grand Canyon. We were roughing it per say because of the lack of facilities and people. We had a great time. Definitely will have to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdymrk

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

South Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Sommer
Member #

Hey Guys! I'm from Layton, Utah and pretty new to overlanding but I'm very excited to spend many weekends adventuring.
I drive a 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 which I just lifted this last week. It now has a 2.5" lift and the next thing will be 33" tires.

Attachments

Reactions: PanthurBRZ

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanders! Just found this forum and am super stoked to learn from everybody!

Current rigs: 1986 Toyota 4Runner (in photo) and 2000 Toyota 4Runner

I have been enjoying off-road and backcountry camping for several years but have always done light trips. I am currently building up my 1st Gen to be my overland rig and never quit adding. Thanks for adding me into your group!
Welcome to OB

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Hello from LA,
I'm hail from LA. I'm originally from the Midwest. Ever since moving out west, my wife and I decided we were going to do some more camping and exploring. That also peaked my interest in overlanding. I'm no stranger to the outdoors but am completely new to overlanding. I do not have a rig as of right now but that is coming in the near future. I'm looking for something that is pretty capable off-road because there are places out here that need such a vehicle. I hope to learn a lot while I'm here and hopefully I can contribute something as well. On a side note, we did just finish up a trip to AZ to camp around the Grand Canyon. We were roughing it per say because of the lack of facilities and people. We had a great time. Definitely will have to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi and Welcome