Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey there from Eastern Washington. No pics yet of my new rig. Its a mid 90's Honda Passport. Currently fixing some damage on it and getting it ready for winter. My last rig was a 93 Ford Explorer Sport. It was wrecked earlier this year ( Will post a story and pics later. I am a semi novice.
Hey, Dustin and welcome to OB! Looking forward to pics of your rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi folks just a quick intro - this is a picture of current set up - Toyota Kzj 95 (Prado) and off road trailer with tent, water, electric, storage etcView attachment 30937
Experience - mainly UK, France and Spain, but we have a group of Toyota's heading to Northern Spain, through Portugal and back into Southern Spain, and the Tabernas Desert (Where the Spaghetti Westerns were made) to drive more river beds and tracks we missed last year. :) This is happening in October. Longer plans are Morocco next year and then East into Europe :)
Hey, Steve and welcome to OB! Nice pic of your rig and trailer! Safe travel and enjoy the open roads!

Reactions: froggy steve

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Happy to officially be a part of the community although I've been following for a while now. We have a 2012 Subaru Outback, but our main family Overlanding/Recreation vehicle is a 2015 Toyota 4runner. Currently on stock suspension with Frontrunner Slimeline II 3/4 rack. Current mods/additions to the vehicle are full RCI aluminum skids and sliders, Maxtrax, Yakima Skybox 16, ARB differential Breathers, Behind Grill Hidden Light Bar and Cooper AT3 275 70r 17 LRC All-Terrains. We just picked up a CVT Mt. Rainier Extended Summit Series RTT but haven't had a chance to try it out yet (hopefully in the next couple of weekends). Here are a couple of pics from our latest trip to Juniper Springs in Ocala National Forest with the Florida 4runners Group, Generation Overland and FOXpeditions (Family Overland Expeditions).
Thanks for all of the helpful and supportive information on the forum!
View attachment 30939View attachment 30940View attachment 30941
Hey Cymon - welcome to OB! Nice 4runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone! New to the community, been following in the background. I have extensive tent camping experience gained to racing dirt bikes as a a child up into 20's. Not exactly "Overlanding" though. 27 now with a family and two kids and was looking for a way to introduce the to the camping life when I stumbled across the concept of Overlanding. Came across this site after some Overland Bound Youtube videos getting ideas for gear to make life easier on the wife and now I'm hooked. Found this community to be very helpful while looking for answers to the never ending list of questions. Rig is a 2014 6.7l Diesel F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed. A Full Size overlanding rig(hints the user name) appears to not be the norm, but with a family of 4 and 2 dogs, its more practical. Truck is currently stock, but I come back to the U.S. in a few weeks and will be upgrading to a Carli 4.5" lift and some 37" Toyo R/T's. Also order an A.R.E. CX shell for the back. May do a (slow)build thread since there aren't to many on full size trucks. Thanks for all your help and support.
Hey, F.S. and welcome to OB! The F-250 is a nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: F.S.Overland

David B

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tracy, CA
Member #

Hey everyone!

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: Novice

I'm David. Excited to learn and connect with y'all :)

Knapps Over

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

New Jersey US
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey all, I'm excited to becoming part of this community.
I live in Southern NJ.
I'm a novice to overlanding. Virgin by civilian specs but have 17yrs with the Marine Corps and life was an overland adventure much of the time.
I currently own and plan to use my Ford F150 FX4 for my first year, as I build my skills and find out what kind of adventures I want before deciding on a dedicated overland vehicle (looking at a Jeep Rubicon or Toyota Hilux- in case I decide to go all in and travel other continents).
I'm looking forward to making some new friends and getting an education.
Semper Fi

Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey all, I'm excited to becoming part of this community.
I live in Southern NJ.
I'm a novice to overlanding. Virgin by civilian specs but have 17yrs with the Marine Corps and life was an overland adventure much of the time.
I currently own and plan to use my Ford F150 FX4 for my first year, as I build my skills and find out what kind of adventures I want before deciding on a dedicated overland vehicle (looking at a Jeep Rubicon or Toyota Hilux- in case I decide to go all in and travel other continents).
I'm looking forward to making some new friends and getting an education.
Semper Fi
Hey Thomas and welcome to OB! Thank you for your 17 yrs of service! Safe travels and enjoy those open road!

Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER

mcdarter92

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Northwest Oklahoma City, OK
Member #

Hey everyone, excited to be a part of the overland bound community!

Rig: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

No pictures of the rig currently, but I already have a list of stuff I plan to slowly add to it as time goes on. Mainly just excited to get out and explore.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone, excited to be a part of the overland bound community!

Rig: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

No pictures of the rig currently, but I already have a list of stuff I plan to slowly add to it as time goes on. Mainly just excited to get out and explore.
Hi, mcdarter92 and welcome to OB! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: mcdarter92

The Ocular Engineer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wading in to say hello.
Not much of an Overlander, yet. But I'm building my rig to be a light chase truck for the Baja 1000 and there are a lot of similarities in requirements.
I hope to pick up a few pointers along the way.

Ed Mangual

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charlotte NC
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Saying hello from Charlotte NC and exited to be part of this great OB community.

I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser. Mods??? Yes, plenty. Has changed a little bit since this pic was taken. Turning it into an overloading rig. Next build will most likely be a GX470 or LC200.

Novice when it comes to Overlanding.

Kyle (SR5_Tacoma)

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Westfield, MA, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Hi everyone. Im a new Overland Bound member in the Western Massachusetts area. I enjoy camping, trail rides with my tacoma, quading, motorcycle rides, and I also have a 94 toyota pickup thats more of a rough trail wheeling rig not overland.

The 2008 Toyota Tacoma (4x4,v6, lifted 6 inches and much more) is coming along as a daily/ overland rig. And anything inbetween. I look folward to meeting other members and expanding on my overlanding knowledge as I am new to the community.

Any right ups on diy overland trailers? Intrested in trying to build one.
20170422_145857-01.jpeg 20170721_181918-01.jpeg 20170721_142119.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Saying hello from Charlotte NC and exited to be part of this great OB community.

I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser. Mods??? Yes, plenty. Has changed a little bit since this pic was taken. Turning it into an overloading rig. Next build will most likely be a GX470 or LC200.

Novice when it comes to Overlanding.
Hi, Ed and welcome to OB. Nice looking and rugged rig! Safe travels man, and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Ed Mangual

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone. Im a new Overland Bound member in the Western Massachusetts area. I enjoy camping, trail rides with my tacoma, quading, motorcycle rides, and I also have a 94 toyota pickup thats more of a rough trail wheeling rig not overland.

The 2008 Toyota Tacoma (4x4,v6, lifted 6 inches and much more) is coming along as a daily/ overland rig. And anything inbetween. I look folward to meeting other members and expanding on my overlanding knowledge as I am new to the community.

Any right ups on diy overland trailers? Intrested in trying to build one.
View attachment 31009 View attachment 31010 View attachment 31011
Hi Kyle and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma, truck tent and camp set-up! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Kyle (SR5_Tacoma)