Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Thanks SGT. My favorite in-laws are near you in Cathedral City. A bit warm down there this summer.
Yes they are just around the corner. It is warm this year. As I am sure they told you it already Hit 126 a couple days, but we have had worse summers. Sticky monsoons are here now. So can't complain too much. I am sure your weather is awesome right now. When you get down this way to visit let me know we can plan a trip to explore

Last edited:

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Hello All,
Just came across this site while researching some areas.
I'm from Wainwright, Alberta.
I drive a well loved 2010 JKUR. We have Crown (government land) close by and we do trips to BC in the summer.
I have a little experience of Overlanding and offroading.
Beautiful photo and love the color of your Jeep.

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Very nice - good upgrade to start with. And 2.5 is a good height low center of gravity. But With 35 you are close to rubbing the fenders when hitting bumps or flex. Make sure you check clearance. Or look into some flat fenders. If you have questions I am on my second JKU. Please ask.
Thank you very much for letting me know ahead of time about the tires. Will 33's work better?
So the County did a chip seal repair on our road yesterday and now I need a new windshield and head light! So tires and lift will have to wait.

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Thank you very much for letting me know ahead of time about the tires. Will 33's work better?
So the County did a chip seal repair on our road yesterday and now I need a new windshield and head light! So tires and lift will have to wait.
With a 2.5 33 are what is recommended. Also check your backspace on the rims. Look at this

https://teraflex.com/news_items/54ff5e4791f5bd097b000d8b

Sorry to hear about the windshield but being as straight up as they are it is very common.

Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Thank you very much
With a 2.5 33 are what is recommended. Also check your backspace on the rims. Look at this

https://teraflex.com/news_items/54ff5e4791f5bd097b000d8b

Sorry to hear about the windshield but being as straight up as they are it is very common.
That was an Awesome link, I really like that there videos because they have captions so I can see what they are saying! I didn't even think about needing longer shocks or extenders. Thank you very much for your help.
I have been reading in other posts and communities abot the windshields and how often they are damaged haha I was just hoping mine would last longer than a month. That and I just put my Deaf JeepHer sticker on it but heu, life happens but now I understand why our insurance doesn't cover Jeep windshields.

Reactions: SGT.

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Thank you very much

That was an Awesome link, I really like that there videos because they have captions so I can see what they are saying! I didn't even think about needing longer shocks or extenders. Thank you very much for your help.
I have been reading in other posts and communities abot the windshields and how often they are damaged haha I was just hoping mine would last longer than a month. That and I just put my Deaf JeepHer sticker on it but heu, life happens but now I understand why our insurance doesn't cover Jeep windshields.
They have some really informative videos. They have one that matches lifts to tire size. ,

https://teraflex.com/news_items/54ad7b55efae2e03de000aa6

If your on a budget 2.5 with 33 is a good way to go. Makes a good over lander. Good mix is a 3 inch with 35. In my opinion. But please research. See what your needs are

Look them up on YouTube. You will enjoy it. And see how easy the jk is to work on

Last edited:
Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

They have some really informative videos. They have one that matches lifts to tire size. ,

https://teraflex.com/news_items/54ad7b55efae2e03de000aa6

If your on a budget 2.5 with 33 is a good way to go. Makes a good over lander. Good mix is a 3 inch with 35. In my opinion. But please research. See what your needs are

Look them up on YouTube. You will enjoy it. And see how easy the jk is to work on
Yes it looks very easy for me to be able to work on. I am excited to learn more but also know my limitations, so for now I will stay away from anything electrical and or break related. I really do like the 2.5" budget lift but I think I will save up for the next kit up so I can swap the flares and get the shocks too. I was grounded back to reality for now when the Hubby suggested that it be a pavement queen for a few month's until I can drive it without killing it for a month on hills and the occasional stoplight oh and quit driving it like it's my truck. Hahaha

Reactions: SGT.

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Yes it looks very easy for me to be able to work on. I am excited to learn more but also know my limitations, so for now I will stay away from anything electrical and or break related. I really do like the 2.5" budget lift but I think I will save up for the next kit up so I can swap the flares and get the shocks too. I was grounded back to reality for now when the Hubby suggested that it be a pavement queen for a few month's until I can drive it without killing it for a month on hills and the occasional stoplight oh and quit driving it like it's my truck. Hahaha
IMG_20150519_002000.jpg IMG_123032020567974.jpeg

DustinLG

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey there from Eastern Washington. No pics yet of my new rig. Its a mid 90's Honda Passport. Currently fixing some damage on it and getting it ready for winter. My last rig was a 93 Ford Explorer Sport. It was wrecked earlier this year ( Will post a story and pics later. I am a semi novice.

froggy steve

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

dordogne france
Member #

Hi folks just a quick intro - this is a picture of current set up - Toyota Kzj 95 (Prado) and off road trailer with tent, water, electric, storage etcIMG_3461 (2).JPG
Experience - mainly UK, France and Spain, but we have a group of Toyota's heading to Northern Spain, through Portugal and back into Southern Spain, and the Tabernas Desert (Where the Spaghetti Westerns were made) to drive more river beds and tracks we missed last year. :) This is happening in October. Longer plans are Morocco next year and then East into Europe :)

Cymon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pembroke Pines, FL
Member #

Happy to officially be a part of the community although I've been following for a while now. We have a 2012 Subaru Outback, but our main family Overlanding/Recreation vehicle is a 2015 Toyota 4runner. Currently on stock suspension with Frontrunner Slimeline II 3/4 rack. Current mods/additions to the vehicle are full RCI aluminum skids and sliders, Maxtrax, Yakima Skybox 16, ARB differential Breathers, Behind Grill Hidden Light Bar and Cooper AT3 275 70r 17 LRC All-Terrains. We just picked up a CVT Mt. Rainier Extended Summit Series RTT but haven't had a chance to try it out yet (hopefully in the next couple of weekends). Here are a couple of pics from our latest trip to Juniper Springs in Ocala National Forest with the Florida 4runners Group, Generation Overland and FOXpeditions (Family Overland Expeditions).
Thanks for all of the helpful and supportive information on the forum!
IMG_8265.JPGIMG_8268.JPGIMG_8228.jpg

F.S.Overland

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia
Hey everyone! New to the community, been following in the background. I have extensive tent camping experience gained to racing dirt bikes as a a child up into 20's. Not exactly "Overlanding" though. 27 now with a family and two kids and was looking for a way to introduce the to the camping life when I stumbled across the concept of Overlanding. Came across this site after some Overland Bound Youtube videos getting ideas for gear to make life easier on the wife and now I'm hooked. Found this community to be very helpful while looking for answers to the never ending list of questions. Rig is a 2014 6.7l Diesel F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed. A Full Size overlanding rig(hints the user name) appears to not be the norm, but with a family of 4 and 2 dogs, its more practical. Truck is currently stock, but I come back to the U.S. in a few weeks and will be upgrading to a Carli 4.5" lift and some 37" Toyo R/T's. Also order an A.R.E. CX shell for the back. May do a (slow)build thread since there aren't to many on full size trucks. Thanks for all your help and support.

Reactions: HankinWI