Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Justin Roach

Rank I

Traveler I

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg
Hi all, I'm new to the forums and wanted to introduce myself. I'm an up and coming senior in high school and have become really interested in overlanding. I have absolutely no clue what I am doing but want to learn how to experience the outdoors through off road travel.

1. Northern/Central Maryland
2.2005 Ford Ranger Edge (2WD)
Don't have the budget for a new 4WD yet so trying to make due with what I have right now, hopefully I can buy a new truck in college or shortly after.
3. Very outdoorsy kid growing up but a novice in the offroading and camping aspect

I just bought a bed cap for the truck and plan on doing some camping trips with the month left of summer.

Last edited:

Ripper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

606 Swadley Road, Johnson City, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Crawford
Member #

Hello All,
New to overland in general, but have been enthusiastically researching now that I have a pseudo-capable vehicle. Excited to see what else I can learn from others here.

Located in Houston, TX
2015 Subaru Crosstrek; currently stock but hope to modify soon and often!
Overlanding novice
Welcome to OB.

Reactions: RWL1029

Kaimana

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Sur
Member #

Hello All,
New to overland in general, but have been enthusiastically researching now that I have a pseudo-capable vehicle. Excited to see what else I can learn from others here.

Located in Houston, TX
2015 Subaru Crosstrek; currently stock but hope to modify soon and often!
Overlanding novice
I'm in the same boat as you with a cross trek! Keep in touch, would love to see what you do!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: RWL1029

Molly500x

Rank 0

Traveler I

The fiat 500x is the same running gear as the new jeep renegade (only cheaper and more retro for the wife). With the 18 inch wheels the tyre size is a problem and thats been the only problem ive had so far . Its an all wheel drive system with a switchable mode select , one for sport , an auto and a traction function . Once the lease is up if we dont replace it ill put the daystar lift for tbr renegade under it and change the wheel tyre package .

Benn

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Porter Ranch
Member #

Hello! Ben here from Porter Ranch, CA. I have a 2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4x4 with Icon lift and Toyo open country. My wife and I love to go on 3-4 day roadtrips (once or twice a year). We've been doing this for about 5 years now. We've been to a lot of places but I still consider myself a novice since I knowI learn something new each time we're on a trip.

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

received_1089592711185736.jpeg received_1089592711185736.jpeg 20170727_201611.jpg 20170621_151514.jpg View attachment 30767 View attachment 30767 View attachment 30768 View attachment 30767 View attachment 30768 View attachment 30769 Yay I'm 9704
Haha Actually I'm Brenda everyone calls me MamaB. I'm a Wife,Mother,First Responder, Veteran and I am a proud new Jeep owner looking forward to learning as much as possible and yes I will probably ask a Bunch of dumb questions but I'm learning so I'm still going to ask them.
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited I'm told it's a JKU? I believe it's stock plus a few modifications I have made. Honestly I have no clue about the Jeep other than I'm having a lot of fun and adventures in it and every mod I do I want to do it myself and have been told jeeps are easy to work on, well.....no! Haha I can long block a 460 but this thing has me lost:wink: and confused but hey, challeng excepted.
I'm new to overlanding sort of haha actually I know just enough to be dangerous but as stated above I am eager and willing to learn everything out there. I believe in safety above all and living life to the fullest extent.
Thank you for letting me become a member and for making a safe community where what you drive isn't a clique thing.
Lookimg forward to learning and meeting everyone.

Last edited:

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

View attachment 30770 View attachment 30770 View attachment 30771 View attachment 30772 View attachment 30767 View attachment 30767 View attachment 30768 View attachment 30767 View attachment 30768 View attachment 30769 Yay I'm 9704
Haha Actually I'm Brenda everyone calls me MamaB. I'm a Wife,Mother,First Responder, Veteran and I am a proud new Jeep owner looking forward to learning as much as possible and yes I will probably ask a Bunch of dumb questions but I'm learning so I'm still going to ask them.
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited I'm told it's a JKU? I believe it's stock plus a few modifications I have made. Honestly I have no clue about the Jeep other than I'm having a lot of fun and adventures in it and every mod I do I want to do it myself and have been told jeeps are easy to work on, well.....no! Haha I can long block a 460 but this thing has me lost:wink: and confused but hey, challeng excepted.
I'm new to overlanding sort of haha actually I know just enough to be dangerous but as stated above I am eager and willing to learn everything out there. I believe in safety above all and living life to the fullest extent.
Thank you for letting me become a member and for making a safe community where what you drive isn't a clique thing.
Lookimg forward to learning and meeting everyone.
Welcome. Like your JKU. they are easy to work on and plenty of how to videos for everything on YouTube and the forums enjoy it. The hardest thing will be what upgrades to do first

Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER