Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

pdxfrogdog

Rank 0

Traveler I

Oregon
Hi, I'm new here. My name is Mike.

I'm based in the Pacific NW, specifically Portland, OR. I drive a 2013 Jeep Rubicon that I have been modifying to support travel into remote sections of the NW. Hoping to be able to extend my time and reach to more places in the West. Overlanding (and preparing my vehicle for trips) has been my primary recreational activity for the past 4 years . I was out of the 4x4 scene for a lot of years... but I have very fond memories of exploring off the beaten track in my dad's FJ40 as a kid. I knew someday I would make my way back.

This is my rig from a couple weeks ago in the Alvord Desert in SE Oregon. Spent the night on the playa (highly recommended) as we worked our way back west after exploring the Owyhee Canyonlands near the Oregon/Idaho/Nevada border.

photo by @mquetel on Instagram

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

I'm based in the Pacific NW, specifically Portland, OR. I drive a 2013 Jeep Rubicon that I have been modifying to support travel into remote sections of the NW. Hoping to be able to extend my time and reach to more places in the West. Overlanding (and preparing my vehicle for trips) has been my primary recreational activity for the past 4 years . I was out of the 4x4 scene for a lot of years... but I have very fond memories of exploring off the beaten track in my dad's FJ40 as a kid. I knew someday I would make my way back.

This is my rig from a couple weeks ago in the Alvord Desert in SE Oregon. Spent the night on the playa (highly recommended) as we worked our way back west after exploring the Owyhee Canyonlands near the Oregon/Idaho/Nevada border.
Cool Rig!!!! Thanks for sharing.

mvieweger

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello All.

I am new to the "Overlanding" mindset, although I grew up in British Columbia, Canada and spent most of my formative years in the woods. Camping, hiking, fishing, etc... My family and I are now in Calgary Alberta and are starting to get back to the types of adventure I grew up with.

Just recently, I sold my commuter car and picked up a well worn 2003 V8 4runner that is slated to become our camp/adventuremobile as well as my daily. So far, the truck has performed well. We have added a Toytec 3" kit, BFGoodrich 285's with Black Rhino wheels, a Prinsu rack and a Smittybilt awning. I have a Smittybilt winch and Demello single loop sitting on my garage floor waiting for install. We are also trying to adhere to the 3 case method of packing using some Plano cases (although it seems tough to pack lean when you have 2 young kids rollin with you).

Anyways, here are a couple photos from last weekend in Banff camping with the family.

Thanks!

image1.JPG image2.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

photo by @mquetel on Instagram
Hey Mike and welcome to OB! Nice rig and tent set-up. Safe travels and enjoy the open road!

SequoiaMoon

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,

My Husband and I are soon to be empty nesters of triplets -they are off to University this August. We currently have a 2016 Honda Odyssey mini van that we use a Teupi tent with. We have car camped from , Canada ,where we lived for a number of years , to the entire west coast to over 30 states. Our next trip in September will be the first trip with just Hubby and I alone since the birth of our children. So we are excited to do a camping trip just us two. First time we will have so much room. We are going to do the west coast again just the two of us. If anyone as any info on great camp sites that we can get to in our mini van it would be greatly appreciated. Love campsites that are in the middle of nature with only the deer and the eagles is fine by us. Thanks SequoiaMoon

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

SequoiaMoon

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,

My Husband and I are soon to be empty nesters of triplets -they are off to University this August. We currently have a 2016 Honda Odyssey mini van that we use a Teupi tent with. We have car camped from , Canada ,where we lived for a number of years , to the entire west coast to over 30 states. Our next trip in September will be the first trip with just Hubby and I alone since the birth of our children. So we are excited to do a camping trip just us two. First time we will have so much room. We are going to do the west coast again just the two of us. If anyone as any info on great camp sites that we can get to in our mini van it would be greatly appreciated. Love campsites that are in the middle of nature with only the deer and the eagles is fine by us. Thanks SequoiaMoon
Misspelled Tepui.

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

Leandro

Rank 0

Traveler I

LA
HI!
My name is Leandro and i'm from Argentina, currently living in Jamaica (last 5 years).
Me and my GF (british) are planing an overland trip, we're in the process of selling everything we own, flying to LA buying a old 4runner and overland all the way down to Argentina in a period of around 6 months.
flying date will be February 2018 starting the trip around April 2018.
looking forward to be part of the comunity .

Jeff Swain

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, Missouri
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Swain
Member #

Hello everyone.
I'm Jeff. I am from southwest Missouri. I have always been an outdoor enthusiast. I enjoy everything outdoors. My favorite things to do outdoors have always been camping and off roading. My rig is a 06 Jeep Rubicon. I am looking forward to meeting new people.

Attachments

No Bananas

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Hello everyone.
I'm Jeff. I am from southwest Missouri. I have always been an outdoor enthusiast. I enjoy everything outdoors. My favorite things to do outdoors have always been camping and off roading. My rig is a 06 Jeep Rubicon. I am looking forward to meeting new people.
Welcome to OB. Nice rig. I need to plan a trip to Missouri, I hear it is nice. And I could really use some cooler weather right now, Texas is TOO HOT.