Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Bamagirl

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,
My name is Susan and I'm originally from north Alabama but currently live in the Birmingham, AL area.
I currently own a 2008 Lexus Gx 470 that is slowly being upgraded. So far I've added sliders from metal tech and added Toyo Open Country ATII tires. I previously owned a 2003 Toyota Tundra and had it over 9 years. Prior to vehicle based overlanding I was heavily involved in the ATV off-road community and also the SxS off-road community. Prior to off-roading I grew up on a farm with cows and horses and we did trailriding and primitive camping.

I've tried to leave camping and the great outdoors behind a couple times through the years but I've found I just can't function well without some outdoor therapy. I feel I am the best person I can be when I'm outside wild and free. I love meeting new people that share the passion for the outdoors and exploring as much as I do.
Although I've followed Overland Bound on Instagram I didn't realize there was a forum until discovering a packing video on YouTube. I'm heading west to explore next week and was looking for packing tips for my road trip.

Thanks for having me.
Bama

Attachments

Let'sGetDirtyOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
Member #

Howdy howdy...

JB here, aka "The Overlandinger", from the N/W Arizona region where I am currently preparing my rig for an extended 'live-in' project, which will be shared via youtube vlog's, as I traverse my way throughout the S/W State's. The 2004 Disco II is the platform which has a slight lift, 33" M/T on 16" alloy rim's, with a full roof rack which has forward and rear facing LED lighting...more to come as the project continues to develop.

I'm super excited about becoming a new member of the Overland Bound Community-(OB #6120) and I'm looking forward to tagging along on the next adventure.

All is well which ends with a smile :)
jb

636177495505214593.jpg 636177495435013243.jpg 636177495348587581.jpg 636177495462313768.jpg 636177495531579100.jpg

Demo243

Rank I

Contributor III

Greetings from NorCal here- Pacifica to be exact.

Got a 2015 Tacoma DCLB 4x4 - second Tacoma, but first one I am really taking to the dirt. Pretty new to overlanding per say, but spent plenty of time in the woods backpacking...

Heres a shot from Carizzo plains earlier this spring - where the bug fully bit. Looking to get out in Stanislaus NF this weekend and do some exploring.

Reactions: kg6zjl and flyinion

NYCO

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Colorado
Member #

new to the site, not to the scene...heard great things about the group and figured it's time to join!

cheers from Colorado! we have a 2006 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and 2007 FJ Cruiser Special Edition in our fleet of off-road rigs...

both the Tacoma and the FJC have seen some time featured in TCT Magazine over the years, http://tctmagazine.net . Currently I work as a senior editor with the magazine and the FJ Cruiser was the original vehicle that started FJC Magazine!

been a great journey that we've been through so far with these trucks in our lives and always look forward to every new adventure!

more on the Tacoma, https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/nyco-build-thread.157700/

more on the FJ, http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/397889-nycos-07-special-edition-re-build.html

more adventure pics, https://www.flickr.com/photos/101673349@N04/albums

just recently redid the Tacoma with aluminum armor and a new bed rack wrapped in canvas

looking forward to meeting some of you out on the trails!

Last edited:

Let'sGetDirtyOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
Member #

new to the site, not to the scene...heard great things about the group and figured it's time to join!

cheers from Colorado! we have a 2006 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and 2007 FJ Cruiser Special Edition in our fleet of off-road rigs...

both the Tacoma and the FJC have seen some time featured in TCT Magazine over the years, http://tctmagazine.net . Currently I work as a senior editor with the magazine and the FJ Cruiser was the original vehicle that started FJC Magazine!

been a great journey that we've been through so far with these trucks in our lives and always look forward to every new adventure!

more on the Tacoma, https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/nyco-build-thread.157700/

more on the FJ, http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/397889-nycos-07-special-edition-re-build.html

just recently redid the Tacoma with aluminum armor and a new bed rack wrapped in canvas

Good looking rig's...I hope to see ya on the trail someday.

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Beautiful rigs brother!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

RedSoxRobbe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chesapeake, VA
Member #

New to Forums , joined as member #6285. Dont have a dedicated overland vehicle yet. Recently retired from military. Looking forward to being outdoors Where I WANT to be for a change. I currently reside in southern Va.
Really looking forward to getting outdoors.
Same here brother. I'm in Chesapeake.

Make it a Tacoma (2nd Gen)!
Good to have you aboard.

RSR

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: RangerMedic66

Bjorn44

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Massanutten, Virginia
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Beery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPI306
Service Branch
Navy and Army
Thanks for the add
New to forums.

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Currently building a new rig but current rig is a 06 Liberty with a few tweeks
New to overlanding but we do a ton of camping and wheeling.

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Introduced myself several months ago, but I'm an official Overland Bound Member now.

Look what arrived in the mail today!!

New to the forum, from Tennessee, active adventurer, camping, kayaking, and hiking. Wanting to start building my 2004 Ford Excursion, for the joys of overlanding. You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and my wife writes a blog at adventureawaitstn.com. We adventure locally and are planning to start going on a annual overland trip out west.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

not new to general camping, or off road cycle racing, but between my wife and doctor suggesting I increase hobbies for stress relief we decided to try some form of overlanding or off road truck camping so I'm finishing the last 20 percent of a 6x6 deuce camper. its not normal, it's large in comparison to other rigs, and it may not be as useful in serious off roading, but my 1937 hotrod won't go far in the dirt. I'm not looking to go hard core rock crawling or deep into unbroken area's yet, so we'll see. we're in west central Wisconsin not far from lacrosse in farm country.

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
I just joined. I do not have a rig, but looking to get started soon! I was delighted to find out that people overland. I'm going to do it. I am in Fayetteville, NC. I have everything to learn! I hope to do some driving classes this year while I get a rig to work with!
Start out simple! You don't have to have everything to start! Get a car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle or wagon! If it has wheels, you can overland with it!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Howdy howdy...

JB here, aka "The Overlandinger", from the N/W Arizona region where I am currently preparing my rig for an extended 'live-in' project, which will be shared via youtube vlog's, as I traverse my way throughout the S/W State's. The 2004 Disco II is the platform which has a slight lift, 33" M/T on 16" alloy rim's, with a full roof rack which has forward and rear facing LED lighting...more to come as the project continues to develop.

I'm super excited about becoming a new member of the Overland Bound Community-(OB #6120) and I'm looking forward to tagging along on the next adventure.

All is well which ends with a smile :)
jb

View attachment 27642 View attachment 27641 View attachment 27645 View attachment 27644 View attachment 27643
This is a beautiful rig! Do you have a youtube channel set up already? I'd love to follow along. I'm down in Tucson, feel free to hit me up if your adventure takes you near here. Come say "Hi" in the Arizona Overlanders thread!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the OB family!

JdmGary

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Fellas!

New member here! Located outside of the Pittsburgh, PA area.
2004 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
(soon to be completed lift w/28 BFG AT's)
Experience overlanding/offroading would be a little more than Novice at this point(I'm a huge Rally Car/Race Fan!)

Excited to be a part of yet another forum and community, I hope to gain some friends and good info here! Already watched ALOT of the OB videos on YouTube (especially fozroamers). Seems like a great community!
[/url]

Last edited:

RIDE ON

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
G
Last Name
K
Member #

Hello everyone,
New member 5966 from Ontario, Canada. Just got my badge in the mail and I'm looking forward to meeting other members on the trails. Most of the folks around here just want to go play in the mud for a few hours and finding people interested in getting into more remote places for multiple days is an exciting prospect. Most of my vehicle based trips have been solo with one rig. I've learned the hard way that going alone can be a disaster.
I've been building my 2013 Rubicon rig for 3 years now, adding parts and pieces (and considerable weight!) each season. It's probably time to stop but I think I have a problem. I've always loved the outdoors and have spent most of my adult leisure time camping, hiking, canoeing, snowshoeing or planning my next trip.
Happy trails and RIDE ON.

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

Sprocket 1-505

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Atlanta
Member #

IMG_2898.JPG IMG_2866.JPG IMG_2830.JPG Hello everyone, name is Devin and I am from North Ga about 40 miles north of Atlanta. Just completed my first small overland rally, about 1200 miles. Now I'm hooked and have a new addiction. "Thanks a lot Bin Laden"
Rig- 2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Experience - overland novice

That lake is where I lost my bumper... great excuse for metal bumpers haha and just added ditch lights

Socal73

Rank 0

Traveler I

IMG_4211.jpg IMG_5744.JPG Hello all. My name is Steve and I'm definitely glad I found this site! Always been a Jeep person. Love the outdoors. Anything outdoors is better than being inside.
Looking to gather more knowledge on making my 2 door work for small, weekend overlanding (outing) trips. Love to camp, hike, fish, etc.

Oceanside, CA
2009 Wrangler
2.5" Teraflex with 285/75/16's
Thrilled with my two door! Wife wants 4 door but I cant get away from 2 doors!

Hoping to gather some great info here to enhance the outdoor, vehicle experience.
Currently looking to find info on the most recommended roof rack for a 2 door. Wanting something that fits close to the Jeep, something like the Gobi or Kargo Master Safari rack. Want to take my time and not make a regrettable purchase!

Last edited:
Reactions: brien

Vandwellists

Rank 0

Traveler I

Vandal Camp Watermark by Matt, on Flickr
Vandal at camp by Matt, on Flickr

Hello, this is a joint account with me, Matt, and my gf, Jamie. Here is our 2000 Ford E-350 7.3 diesel, Quigley conversion adventure mobile, named Vandal. We bought it in Virginia a couple months back and have loved it so far. We are currently located in Michigan and are slowly paying off debts and getting the van ready to live out of it 100%. It has a roof rack with ladder, 2-100 watt solar panels, ARB awning, Truck Lite LED headlights, and35x12.5x16 Mickey Thompson MTZs. The interior is partially done, has flooring, and a couple small cabinets with a fridge. Everything will eventually be redone when we have the time and funding. The feedback driving something like this, you make friends everywhere. We are very novice to overlanding and can't wait to make some friends and go on some adventures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bjorn44