• HTML tutorial

Ed341

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salisbury, MD
Member #

Hi everyone,
I'm Edward, I live in Salisbury, MD. I've had my 2006 Range Rover since 2012. Before that was a 4Runner but I decided to make things a little more..interesting.
My family has been involved with Land Rover in one way or another since the '50s, so I wanted to keep up the tradition. Mine has seen mild off-road use, but almost weekly drive-on beach trips. It looks mostly stock, but is covertly stocked with mostly everything needed for self sufficient, multiple day travel.

New member #5918

IMG_7490.PNG
IMG_7492.PNG IMG_7493.PNG

Reactions: Rivalicon

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

Hello from the Windy City! Here is my brief intro.

1) Picture: I guess I have to wait for a few posts before attaching pics. But you've all seen red Jeeps before. :)

2) Location: Suburbs of Chicago
3) Rig: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with LoD bumpers & an Enzo winch
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I guess somewhere between novice and experienced. While I have definitely been rock crawling with my Rubi, it is really used to get me outdoors. I enjoy bush craft, canoeing, geocaching, camping, and (you guessed it by the name) dog sledding. All that and it still takes me into the urban jungle when I have to drive to work!

I'm looking forward to hanging out here and learning from everyone!

Last edited:

minuteman55

Rank 0

Traveler I

US
Hello all

New to overlanding, but not the outdoors.
I have a bunch of hobbies primarily based in outdoors.
Camping, fly fishing, and hunting are a few.
The new interest is overlanding.

Vehicle : 1979 Ford Bronco Ranger Xlt
Odd choice I know but, I just love these trucks.
Currently the truck is in a project condition. It does run and drive but it's just wore out. I am fixing things slowly but surely to make it dependable. I currently am looking for motor options for a swap. So if you guys have any suggestions let me know.

Looking forward to reading all the posts.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RodofIron

DirtDestination

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Evanston, WY
First Name
Mack
Last Name
Booth
Member #

Hello! My name is Mack, and I'm from southwest Wyoming. New member #5348. I've been a quiet observer of OB for a little over a year now, and I'm happy to finally join in. My rig is a 2013 JKU, that I've been upgrading one piece at a time. I've been into 4x4's as long as I can remember, but I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means. Avid camper for quite a few years, but prior to the last two summers I ran full size pickups and a camp trailer. I'm loving the mobility and simplicity of the smaller footprint! I'm here to make friends with others who share the interest, and the need for adventure.IMG_0378.JPG

FJ40_BeachPlz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New York
Member #

What began as a father-son project to restore a 1982 FJ40 which we bought in Cartagena, Colombia is now complete. Looking forward to learning about Overlanding.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Thomas Smith

VA7LSD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Delta, BC
Member #

IMG_0719.JPG IMG_2302.JPG New member!
I actually have 2 rigs: 1975 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 and a 1992 Toyota pick up.
Experience: I have been camping and roaming since I was a little girl, wanting to do longer trips before I am too old to do so. Thank you for accepting my member request, I look forward to hearing about your adventures and learning from your experiences.

Notedhillbilly

Rank III

Advocate II

Greetings, my name's Kenny and I recently have returned to Wake Forest, NC. I drive a red bed-lined 1991 Jeep Wrangler YJ that I dropped a Mercedes om617 diesel engine into. I used to be an avid backpacker but brain surgery (by God's grace I beat brain cancer) and an autoimmune disease have forced me to limit the distance that I can walk. That being said, I'm a bit of a novice to offroading but have fallen in love with the idea of over landing. Thanks for welcoming me to the community!

Attachments

Westsroadshow

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

West, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello from the Windy City! Here is my brief intro.

1) Picture: I guess I have to wait for a few posts before attaching pics. But you've all seen red Jeeps before. :)

2) Location: Suburbs of Chicago
3) Rig: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with LoD bumpers & an Enzo winch
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I guess somewhere between novice and experienced. While I have definitely been rock crawling with my Rubi, it is really used to get me outdoors. I enjoy bush craft, canoeing, geocaching, camping, and (you guessed it by the name) dog sledding. All that and it still takes me into the urban jungle when I have to drive to work!

I'm looking forward to hanging out here and learning from everyone!
Welcome to the group!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Lead K9

lis-a-lux

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bucca QLD Australia
Member #

Greetings, my name's Kenny and I recently have returned to Wake Forest, NC. I drive a red bed-lined 1991 Jeep Wrangler YJ that I dropped a Mercedes om617 diesel engine into. I used to be an avid backpacker but brain surgery (by God's grace I beat brain cancer) and an autoimmune disease have forced me to limit the distance that I can walk. That being said, I'm a bit of a novice to offroading but have fallen in love with the idea of over landing. Thanks for welcoming me to the community!
welcome and enjoy

BerettaMato

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Broomfield Colorado
Member #

1993 FZJ80 As It Sits Now.

Current MODS & Gear:

ARB AIR Lockers F/R
2x ARB HP Compressor Front & On Board Air Rear
Nitro 4.88 R&P Gears
AVM Hubs & Slee Part Time Kit
Factory Locker, Compressor & CLD Switches
3.5" Autocraft Slinky Long Travel Coils
Autocraft Icon 2.0 12" Shocks
ARB Steering Stabilizer
Slee Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms
Slee Front Panhard Bar
Slee Rear Panhard Bar
Slee Drag Link
Slee Tie Rod
Slee Caster plates
Slee Front Swaybar Drop
Slee Rear Bumpstop Extesion
60 Series rear Bumpstops
Redline Land Cruisers Rear Swaybar Drop
Redline Land Cruisers 8 Degree Front Lower Arm Bushings
Custom Front DC Drive Shaft OEM Parts
Custom Rear Drive Shaft OEM Parts
Slee Short Bus Front Bumper
ComeUp Winch Seal Gen2 9.5RS
4x4Labs Rear Bumper
4x4Labs Rear Tire Carrier
4x4Labs Lader w/ Hi-Lift &3 Jerry Carrier
5x 16x8.5 Level8 Tracker Pro Wheels
5x 315/75R16 BFG KO2 Tires
Slee 7pc Stainless Brake Lines
DBA T3 Front Rotors w/ OEM Pads
Powerstop Truck Extreme Rear Rotors & Pads
2x Oddessy 34 pc-1500 Battery
Off Grid Engineering Dual Battery System w/ Rear Power Station
Slee Dual Battery Tray & Washer Relocation
ARB Diff Breather Kit
Hi-lift Extreme
CVT MT Shasta Extended w/ Annex RTT
Indel-B 51L Freezer / Fridge
Ipad Mini (Navigation) w/ Mount
Kenwood DDX774BH Head Unit
Front & Rear Fire Extinguishers

Coming MODS & Gear

Speakers
Longerange Automotive Aux Fuel Tank 25gal
Roof Rack (Gamiviti or Gobi)
Icom 5100
Mini CB
Light Force Lights
Camp Lights
Custom Drawer System
Engine Refresh (Diesel Swap in November)
Rock Sliders

Little background on this Land Cruiser. I have been searching for a very clean 80 series Land Cruiser for about two years. They have been my dream car since they first came out after I was out of High School. Really never thought I would own one. I found this 1993 with 224,810 miles in Sacramento listed on Ebay 3/18/17. It was everything I was looking for Color and Spec. It was a one owner with full history and all the document to back it. Seller babied it and it was garaged all its life. Pristine original paint with just a few front rock chips showed this to be true. Had seller send me 30 mins of video of every inch of the truck. He told me it was leaking oil but not burning it. He had it checked and was told it was the main seal but very slow leak and should be fine just check the oil every tank of gas. Only MOD I could see was a OME 2.5 Med lift with Slee drag link and tie rod. He put in brand new 297/70R16 BFG KO2 a week before listing it. He also said he had the birfs rebuilt with a Slee full kit a year before when he had the lift installed. Could tell the guy cared because the battery died before I got there and he put in a Interstate not some cheep piece of crap he could have. Made a deal at $9500 and bought a ticket to fly out to California on 4/7/17. Longest two weeks ever!

Ebay PIC's

I little info about me. I was raised here in Colorado. I have always been into anything outdoors hunting, fishing and camping since I was little. I started working at a local hunting & fishing mom and pop when I was 8 years old and I am now employed by JAX Outdoor Gear in Broomfield as their Hunt, Fish & Military Manager. I really got the overlanding bug fifteen years ago and it has become my Wife and I's favorite pass time. We started with a 04 Taco and have grown since then. We now have two built Tacos and use them as our daily drivers. The Land Cruiser will now be our main rig and stay packed and ready to go. It will live in our garage and be used only for overlanding. This should cut down on some of the were and tear.

Some PICs of our current rigs

Marty

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phippsburg, Maine
Member #

Hi everyone.
New to forum.
Have modified a 2010 Subaru Outback. Overall lift =3", many other upgrades. Recently drove to Maine from Georgia. In three weeks am planning month long trans-Canada trip ending in Portland OR by August 15. Any advice - places to avoid, do-not-miss, are appreciated. Planning to spend the majority of the trip in Rockies. Edmonton-Jasper-Banff-Yolo-Revelstoke.
Thanks. Look forward to meeting y'all on the trail.

Marty

Attachments

Edm Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

edmonton
Member #

20170521_211726.jpg Hi, im Fouad Arwell from Edmonton Alberta Canada.
Driving a 2015 Toyota Tacoma no mod yet soon to come .
Starting camping, mountain biking and hiking about a year ago, with the wife and two dogs, no where far mostly in Alberta.

Reactions: Carnivore