Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jeffrey4x4Canyon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Hills, Ca
Member #

Hello folks. I'm in West Central Louisiana, about 2 hours south of Shreveport. I own a 2014 4Runner Trail edition, and have been slowly evolving it over the last 3 years. Most of my experience has been trail riding in closed parks because we just don't have a lot of public land available in this part of the country. I do want to get into more overloading type weekends and would be interested in meeting other members in this area. I am looking at a possible trip to Big Bend Texas either this fall or next spring with some friends from a regional club. I have been ground tent camping since 2014, but recently purchased a Tepui Ayer at the 2017 Lone Star Toyota Jamboree, and just finally got it installed this week. I found this group while searching for feedback and reviews of the tent. Don't laugh too hard at the picture. I opened it up yesterday at work to show it off to my coworkers. And I snuck in a nap during lunch. View attachment 25938
Welcome! Glad to have you! Nice looking setup!

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: finlayforprez

Jeffrey4x4Canyon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Hills, Ca
Member #

Hey, new to the forum and to overlanding as well.
It's always been my dream to drive around exploring North America (maybe the world haha) especially remote regions and hard to get to places, and I've always loved camping! So I guess I'm not new to overlanding.... just the label.
I'm from northern Alberta (Westlock).

Currently have a 2014 Ram Powerwagon
Started setting it up for overland travel last month so it's still a work-in-progress.
Always looking for new places to go and things to see!
Welcome Mitch! I love your setup with the awning and roof top tent.

Reactions: Mitch Pedersen

Reelheat

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Delray, Florida
Member #

Hi
My name is Jeff thanks for the welcome
Sue and I like the outdoors
We have a Jeep wrangler and we built a glamping trailer.
We live in Delray Fla
Our travels have been mostly on the paved surface and national parks and we would like to expand to the less ventured road.
We like adventures and are looking forward to the overland expo east 2017

Last edited:

cody w key

Rank 0

Traveler I

san diego
Member #

Hey guys. Ive been an OB member for some time now, im just not much on keeping up with the interweb side. Anyways, ob#1513.
Cody Key, my wife and i live in SD. In active duty and stationed at Point Loma.
My current build is a 2015 4runner TE. Its moderately built, OME medium suspension, gobi stealth, full RCI skids, demello front bumper and a CBI on order for the rear. Shrockworks sliders, plenty of other doodads.
I am no where near new to offroading. Ive been building and wheeling rock crawlers back home in NC since i was 14. The "overland" scene is something i swayed to when i got tired of destroying rigs on rocks, decided to do something a little easier and relaxing. Ive been in toyotas the whole time though, including runner, tacos, pickups, and cruisers.

Attachments

Verent Chan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lehi, UT
Member #

Hi Everyone,

My name is Verent and I drive a 2014 Tacoma DCSB with a small lift and 33 skinnies. I used to do some rock crawling in my previous Jeep but decided to take things a little lighter with the Taco now that I'm also married and don't have as much disposable income. My wife, golden retriever, and I live in Atascadero, CA and love living on the central coast. It would be great to connect with more of you on the central coast!

whardin

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phelan, CA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hardin
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name: William Hardin
Vehicle: 2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Experience: I haven't done any Overlanding but I belong to a 4x4 club and have done a fair amount of rock crawling. I have a lot of mobility problems (age 69) so I am thinking Ovelanding will suit my needs better. Maybe I'm wrong and Overlanding maybe just as hard on me but I think I'd like to start doing 1 and 2 week trips instead of the normal weekend tear up your vehicle trips.

FULLRUNNEROVERLANDING

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

NJ
Member #

Hi all!

My name is Mark, located in Central Jersey.
I have a '16 Subaru Forester. Finally put on my lift kit and my wallet becomes thinner from there :laughing:
Definitely a novice, but I try to see as much less road as I can!
I'm in East Brunswick. Where in CNJ are you? Got a pic of your Subi?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jeffrey4x4Canyon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Hills, Ca
Member #

Hi,
My name is Jason and I've been slowly outiftting our 04 Tundra as the family camping expedition rig. We travel a lot and road trip quite often to get in some mountain biking , fishing, camping, etc. Living in Auburn, Ca and looking forward to meeting you guys learning some stuff from everyone here.
Welcome Jason!

Otis Porsche

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Last edited:

KoiClayton

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, Texas
Member #

Hey guys. Been a non active member for a bit, but finally working on the build so time for that to change. Central Texas, 1991 Nissan Pathfinder VG30 V6 5speed 4wd. Bought it less than a year ago for $400. Swapped electric doors for manual, and just got some new tires. Overall goals are SAS, and a td27 swap. Current goals are to get it road ready and take on big bend next year. About to buy a new member bundle, anything I Need to know? Should i already have a member number or does that come when I get the emblem?

Attachments

NPA

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

USA
Hey all!
Located in OC, California.
My current build is 2010 4Runner trail, used to have a 2012 FJ Cruiser, but wanted a little more room :sunglasses:
-- been camping and doing trips for a while now, been active on Expedition Portal and T4R.org forum, but wanted to hop on here to stay connected.

Reactions: finlayforprez

OwenR4968

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glendale, AZ
Member #

Hey guys. Been a non active member for a bit, but finally working on the build so time for that to change. Central Texas, 1991 Nissan Pathfinder VG30 V6 5speed 4wd. Bought it less than a year ago for $400. Swapped electric doors for manual, and just got some new tires. Overall goals are SAS, and a td27 swap. Current goals are to get it road ready and take on big bend next year. About to buy a new member bundle, anything I Need to know? Should i already have a member number or does that come when I get the emblem?
The emblem and number will come with the bundle

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: KoiClayton