Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey fellow Overlanders - thrilled to have found this group and looking forward to making the world a little smaller by connecting with like-minded adventurers! I live in the Pacific Northwest and am piecing together my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk for Overland duty. I'm relatively inexperienced with vehicle dependent travel in its modern form but I've spent many hours getting stuck, lost, and broken down in the middle of nowhere with my Dad as a kid. Now I look forward to sharing those... um... character building experiences with my own two daughters (8 and 6).
Oh, and as soon as I got my OB badge, I dropped it in my driveway and managed to nick the crap out of it! I may have to order another one 'cause that's going to drive me nuts!
Welcome! That's one beautiful Grand Cherokee Trailhawk! I have yet to see one in the "wild", but I love the design and I'm sure it's comfortable and capable. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your adventures. Sorry to hear about the emblem, you can definitely order another one.

R C

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northern VA
Member #

Hello - been driving around either aimlessly or with a purpose for years - in the US and Germany. Came across a Facebook group Mid-Atlantic Overland Society and really enjoyed the inclusion of the Overland Community. Someone posted about Overland Bound so here we are!

We are located in VA, and drive a 2015 Jeep KL Trailhawk. Love the KL is its a great blend of daily driver, overlander, comfort on long trips and capable on the trail as a blue-trail offroader. Pics are from Uwharrie, NC and Green Ridge State Forest, MD.

We also are HighPointers - going to the highest point in every State - the perfect excuse for a weekend on the road and exploring places we wouldn't otherwise have ever seen.

Attachments

Sam Haines

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hillsboro, Oregon
Member #

Welcome! That's one beautiful Grand Cherokee Trailhawk! I have yet to see one in the "wild", but I love the design and I'm sure it's comfortable and capable. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your adventures. Sorry to hear about the emblem, you can definitely order another one.
Thanks! I'm also yet to see one out on the trails and the aftermarket support has been disappointing, but I'm getting there piece by piece. Hopefully I can inspire other owners to look beyond the "mall crawler" reputation of the WK2 platform, realize how capable these machines really are, and get out there! After all, the most capable rig is the one having the most fun - amiright!?!

Reactions: finlayforprez

gravitywell

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello - been driving around either aimlessly or with a purpose for years - in the US and Germany. Came across a Facebook group Mid-Atlantic Overland Society and really enjoyed the inclusion of the Overland Community. Someone posted about Overland Bound so here we are!

We are located in VA, and drive a 2015 Jeep KL Trailhawk. Love the KL is its a great blend of daily driver, overlander, comfort on long trips and capable on the trail as a blue-trail offroader. Pics are from Uwharrie, NC and Green Ridge State Forest, MD.

We also are HighPointers - going to the highest point in every State - the perfect excuse for a weekend on the road and exploring places we wouldn't otherwise have ever seen.
Fancy seeing you here! :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wheyman

Sam Haines

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hillsboro, Oregon
Member #

Love the KL and the way you've set it up! Gotta suggest Steens Moutnain here in Oregon as your best chance at hitting the highest point in the state. Maybe not as scenic as Cooper Spur on Mt. Hood, but if elevation is your goal, well... there you go. Lots of overlanders in the PNW so hit us up if you make it out this way!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Thanks! I'm also yet to see one out on the trails and the aftermarket support has been disappointing, but I'm getting there piece by piece. Hopefully I can inspire other owners to look beyond the "mall crawler" reputation of the WK2 platform, realize how capable these machines really are, and get out there! After all, the most capable rig is the one having the most fun - amiright!?!
I hear you there! I have a Land Rover so the reputation about being a mall crawler runs deep there too. They are absolutely amazing vehicles and it's all what you make of it. Overlanding is all about getting out there and finding adventure. It doesn't matter what you drive. You will see this group is really diverse with lots of different vehicles. Not too many haters around. You have a Jeep, so you are fine. ;-)

GCJEEPING

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks for the add. Long time Jeeper. While in the military I have wheeled in a few states and have had my Jeeps in a few other countries too. I have had a CJ, XJ, MJ and currently have a 01' Grand Cherokee WJ. Wanting to get to get back into more exploring with the Jeep. This one started out with me in Az, then Nm, Oh, Sc and then Ca following me from base to base.

3.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 25867 View attachment 25866 Thanks for the add. Long time Jeeper. While in the military I have wheeled in a few states and have had my Jeeps in a few other countries too. I have had a CJ, XJ, MJ and currently have a 01' Grand Cherokee WJ. Wanting to get to get back into more exploring with the Jeep. This one started out with me in Az, then Nm, Oh, Sc and then Ca following me from base to base.
Wow!!! That's one epic Jeep!!! Welcome!!!!!

Reactions: Jeffrey4x4Canyon

Jeffrey4x4Canyon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Hills, Ca
Member #

Evening everyone! I'm Jeffrey, living in the Los Angles County area. I drive a 16 GMC Canyon SLT 4x4 with a leveling kit, BFG rubber, k&n and LEDs up front. I've discovered Overlanding not to long ago and have been obsessed with it! Going to start making my bed rack and eventually get a RTT for my truck and hopefully get a steel winch mounted front bumper in the coming months. Love to camp and go off roading. Hoping to connect and meet with like minded people both on the forum and locally.

Attachments

Wheyman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dalhart
Member #

Nice to see a KL

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Traveler II

Hey, new to the forum and to overlanding as well.
It's always been my dream to drive around exploring North America (maybe the world haha) especially remote regions and hard to get to places, and I've always loved camping! So I guess I'm not new to overlanding.... just the label.
I'm from northern Alberta (Westlock).

Currently have a 2014 Ram Powerwagon
Started setting it up for overland travel last month so it's still a work-in-progress.
Always looking for new places to go and things to see!

Attachments

3wbdriver

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesville, Louisiana
Member #

Hello folks. I'm in West Central Louisiana, about 2 hours south of Shreveport. I own a 2014 4Runner Trail edition, and have been slowly evolving it over the last 3 years. Most of my experience has been trail riding in closed parks because we just don't have a lot of public land available in this part of the country. I do want to get into more overlanding type weekends and would be interested in meeting other members in this area. I am looking at a possible trip to Big Bend Texas either this fall or next spring with some friends from a regional club. I have been ground tent camping since 2014, but recently purchased a Tepui Ayer at the 2017 Lone Star Toyota Jamboree, and just finally got it installed this week. I found this group while searching for feedback and reviews of the tent. Don't laugh too hard at the picture. I opened it up yesterday at work to show it off to my coworkers. And I snuck in a nap during lunch. IMG_1035.JPG

Last edited: