Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JNM
New member(s) here.
My wife, Tamie, and I (Jeff aka 'Skully') just joined up. #5863
Rig: Wrangler Unlimited Sport (upgrades in progress)
Experience: I've done a lot of motorcycle trips with nothing more than a small tent, a bedroll and 2 changes of clothes. My wife and I are experienced tent-camping people but we have very little experience with text-book "overlanding". We feel like we have the skillset to do well at it but we have a lot to learn. We joined Overland Bound as a means to learn and connect with other overlanders.

Reactions: TRD TAQUITO

nicolesea

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mission Valley San Diego
Member #

Hi everyone! I currently live in a San Diego, CA and I drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I'm new to overlanding. I already camp out of my Jeep, but I heard about this community from a Member and thought I'd check it out :)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 24700
Sam
Current Location: Ft. Lewis/JBLM, WA near Tacoma.
Rig: 2015 Nissan Xterra, Pro-4x w/ 6-speed MT. Shrockworks rock sliders and rear bumper, garvin low profile roof rack, BFG KO2 tires.
Overland Experience: Whatever one step beyond novice, but a step prior to expert is. I have been offroading since before I could drive. Started out driving classics ( 64 Scout 800, and 78 Scout II), moved to driving my own Jeep XJ, then upgraded to a 2015 Xterra. I have been off roading across the country, depending on where I lived at the time. Most of my adventures have been located in the Sangre de Christo Mountains and central rockies in colorado. I did just move to the PNW, and already did my first stint in the olympic peninsula. Looking forward to more adventures!
Welcome! Wow, that's an awesome looking Xterra!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

The rig:
2006 Land Rover Discovery 3 (aka LR3): Johnson rods, voyager off road rack and ladder, warn m8000
o trailer (work in progress; need to shorten the tongue and spring over the axels. I'd like to get it a little more off road worthy than where it sits now.)
Home base:
Arvada, CO
Experience:
My wife and I have been camping our whole lives. I've been off roading since I could reach the pedals and navigating road trips since I could sit in the front seat which was a lot younger than what is legally allowed these days.
About:
We started having kids 4.5 years ago and our youngest is 2 now so we're making an effort to get back out there. We've always been tent campers but recently bought the cargo trailer to simplify our weekend warrior trips. There's nothing worse than setting up camp at 9pm Friday night with two grumpy children that just want to go to bed. We've done a few extended trips in the past but are going to start trying for 1-2 week long trips a year.
Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome! That's an awesome set up and very nice rover.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 24914 Well, let me introduce myself ! Brand new member - don't even have my member number yet !
1) Picture is attached ! (I hope)
2) California's Imperial Valley. El Centro to be precise
3) wife and I have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. This is our 3rd 'Taco' but the first one that is 4x4. We have enjoyed several Jeep Wranglers over the years but I was smitten in 2007 when we got our first Tacoma. I am a retired law enforcement officer (military - local police - federal agent) and I am 'theming' the truck in a 'Thin Blue Line' motif as an overt show of support to those that are still working the line.
4) Overland Experience ! - nowhere near as good as my travel stories would lead you to believe I have owned several good 4x4's over the years and without question they were all far more capable than I was. If I were honest I'd have to grade myself somewhere between 'Experienced Novice' and 'Just good enough to get myself into trouble'
Wow, that is one awesome looking Tacoma! I love the new styles. Welcome!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Greetings all. Glad to be a member and look forward to talking and meeting other Overlanders!
Location-Asheville NC
Rigs- '17 F150, '82 F150
Experience- 3521 in USMC (extreme overlanding, lol) . Traveled all up and down the spine of the Appalachian Mountains.View attachment 24931
Welcome, Jason! I have to say, I LOVE that truck!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

New member here! Just picked up this 2017 TRD Off Road Premium 4Runner. Really looking forward to meeting some members local to the Bay Area!
Here's a shot of my new rig hanging out with the rest of the family.
Welcome! I love the new 4Runner, so nice! You have quite an awesome garage there my friend. I have a secret crush on G wagens. You will find lots of support and a great network in the SF Bay area. I was there for a while where I met Mike and Corrie, but have since moved to the northeast.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Dan
2) kissimmee FL
3) 86 JeeP CJ7 inline 6 4.2 fuel injected
4) kind of a novice. I have been doing overland solo for a few years on a BMW motorcycle FL-ALASKA.
I have a local overland jeep w/ tc3 trailer good for small trips, But i am looking to get a better rig for longer distances.
Welcome, Dan! That's so cool about your BMW motorcycle journey. I have been looking at a 1200 adventure for a while and may pull the trigger next year. Great having you here!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 25139 View attachment 25134 View attachment 25135 View attachment 25136 Hi, I'm pretty new to overlanding but I've been offroading since before I had a driver's license. My wife and I are really enjoying getting into overlanding and hope to meet others in this great community. We are currently returning from a trip to the Grand Tetons and Bighorns in WY. This was my current rigs first real overland expedition and it performed great. It's a 95 XJ with 3" of lift and 235s, locked front and rear with bumpers that I built.
Welcome! Those are some pretty awesome photos. I love South Dakota, such amazing beauty.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Greetings from St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands, I've owned my 99' Lexus lx470 for three years and am still excited every time I get behind the wheel as she is the most competent and comfortable ride I've owned to date. Will be relocating to the mainland shortly and am looking forward to taking her out on a few trails while making mods that will fit my yet to be defined style of over landing. Super happy to be a new member of this awesome community of adventurers !!
Welcome! I have always loved the LX and it's on my list of vehicles if I ever do another build. Where are you moving to in the mainland?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

WOW. Just went thru some posts, and there are some awesome set ups. Sounds like a great place to seek advice on the do's & don't. Dreaming of a new Tacoma, but it's not in the cards.
New here, from Hellizona. I mean, Phoenix, AZ. Where currently, the temp in this oven has been set on Broil.
I drive a watermelon compared to the nimble rigs you all drive, a '12 Toyota Sequoia. Life of a working single dad, all the previous (and dozen or so) Jeep have gone by-by.
If I'm alone, I tend to overland on my 1200GSA, but I'm wanting to do more with my kids, and connect with like minded people (hopefully including families). Cheers.View attachment 25746
Welcome! :-) The Sequoia is a great rig! I LOVE the 1200GSA, as that's on my list for next year. I was considering the 800, but was told the 1200 is a much better choice.

Reactions: TRD TAQUITO

XJ_OVERLAND

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,
My name is Cody i drive an 89 jeep Cherokee xj with a fairly long list of upgrades. I am not new to off roading but i am new to this overland stuff
I have a goal to figure out how to match my love of overland travel and my love of helping people. This last winter i started a Face book page Called XJ_OVERLAND. I live in Southern Idaho and this last winter was unusually harsh winter as far as snow and winter. Many people where stuck or stranded do to the amount of snow and snow drifts. So the page i started was to get the word out that i would be and still am available to come pull out cars and or get them moving again. since most of our towns towing companies where swamped and or simply not able to get to stranded vehicles due to the amount of snow i stayed busy pulling out nearly 40 vehicles. and rescuing even more people from spending the night in a stranded vehicle. i plan on keeping this service going as long as i can financially afford it. I am definitely not a wealthy person i work for the a local city and raise a family. Hopefully by next winter i can gather some sponsors to keep this going.

I live near Twin Falls Idaho and i am always looking for someone to go wheeling with. i go out at least once a month.

thanks for letting me be a part of your community

Attachments

gravitywell

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello. I'm a neophyte Overlander. I've been off-roading with some local friends for the last two years.

My rig is a 2015 Jeep Cherokee (KL) Trailhawk. Current modifications are a Gobi Stealth Safari Rack and Ladder, Step Rail-sliders will be here in the coming months, and a lift that was developed by one of my friends.

Looking forward to learning, and exploring with everyone.

5205017261125332475?account_id=1.jpeg __ - Copy-01-01.jpeg
(That's my wife, don't mind her, that's explicitly directed at me!)

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello. I'm a neophyte Overlander. I've been off-roading with some local friends for the last two years.
My rig is a 2015 Jeep Cherokee (KL) Trailhawk. Current modifications are a Gobi Stealth Safari Rack and Ladder, Step Rail-sliders will be here in the coming months, and a lift that was developed by one of my friends.
Looking forward to learning, and exploring with everyone.
View attachment 25841 View attachment 25842
(That's my wife, don't mind her, that's explicitly directed at me!)
Welcome! I love that Cherokee Trailhawk - it's such a great little rig! If you check out my instagram (@finlayforprez) I have some cool videos of a trip I took with a Cherokee Trailhawk and it was completely stock and did awesome. Great having you guys here!

Reactions: gravitywell

Sam Haines

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hillsboro, Oregon
Member #

Hey fellow Overlanders - thrilled to have found this group and looking forward to making the world a little smaller by connecting with like-minded adventurers! I live in the Pacific Northwest and am piecing together my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk for Overland duty. I'm relatively inexperienced with vehicle dependent travel in its modern form but I've spent many hours getting stuck, lost, and broken down in the middle of nowhere with my Dad as a kid. Now I look forward to sharing those... um... character building experiences with my own two daughters (8 and 6).

Oh, and as soon as I got my OB badge, I dropped it in my driveway and managed to nick the crap out of it! I may have to order another one 'cause that's going to drive me nuts!

Cisco

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque NM
Member #

Hello,
My name is Cody i drive an 89 jeep Cherokee xj with a fairly long list of upgrades. I am not new to off roading but i am new to this overland stuff
I have a goal to figure out how to match my love of overland travel and my love of helping people. This last winter i started a Face book page Called XJ_OVERLAND. I live in Southern Idaho and this last winter was unusually harsh winter as far as snow and winter. Many people where stuck or stranded do to the amount of snow and snow drifts. So the page i started was to get the word out that i would be and still am available to come pull out cars and or get them moving again. since most of our towns towing companies where swamped and or simply not able to get to stranded vehicles due to the amount of snow i stayed busy pulling out nearly 40 vehicles. and rescuing even more people from spending the night in a stranded vehicle. i plan on keeping this service going as long as i can financially afford it. I am definitely not a wealthy person i work for the a local city and raise a family. Hopefully by next winter i can gather some sponsors to keep this going.

I live near Twin Falls Idaho and i am always looking for someone to go wheeling with. i go out at least once a month.

thanks for letting me be a part of your community
Good looking xj!