Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Ynp4x4

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Merced, CA
Member #

Good evening to all! Thanks for accepting me here. I'm new to the forum, but am looking forward to reaching out and meeting people that love the same things I do. I have been driving in the back country for a long time, but never in a group. My current ride is a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 with a 7" lift.

Nathan

Attachments

FULLRUNNEROVERLANDING

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

NJ
Member #

Are this Nef bars? How do you like them?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
My kids love/need them haha! They're great. I had gone with some Westin Steps at first and they looked just fine. However, when I saw the NFab Nerf Bars I immediately returned the Westin and put these on. If you're not doing any hardcore rock crawling, I don't see a need for sliders so these work great for me. They're functional and they look pretty dope.

Reactions: finlayforprez

Gruz7

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Smithfield, Rhode Island
Member #

IMG_1373.JPG Morning from the east coast! This is Jared from Rhode Island. I've been building a somewhat-prepped overlander rig for about a year now and figured it's probably time to actually get started in it. I'm excited to see what this forum and this seemingly great group of people has to offer especially up north for me. I've always loved adventuring and getting off the paved roads so I think I'll fit right in. My member badges will be here soon enough and I couldn't be more excited.
My rig at the moment is a 2006 Ford Expedition, it's got a 3.5" lift kit, fully updated suspension, 35" tires, quite a few power mods, Yakima roof rack, some lights, cb radio, some underbody protection, safety equipment (fire extinguisher/flashlights/tools/etc.), and its big enough to comfortably sleep 2 people lol.
Hoping to have a great experience on here with everyone.

Huskyfargo

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

New member here! Just picked up this 2017 TRD Off Road Premium 4Runner. Really looking forward to meeting some members local to the Bay Area!

Here's a shot of my new rig hanging out with the rest of the family.

You should introduce us to the other two highly capable vehicles hanging out in your garage! [emoji79]

Reactions: finlayforprez

Chuck Robledo

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Kyle, TX
Member #

Howdy!

My name is Chuck and I'm here with my truck!

I have been overlanding for almost a full year and love everything about it. My adventures consist mostly of trails and rock crawling. The majority of my adventures have been solo but I try and take my wife and children with me as much as possible.

I have always loved Toyotas and I've owned quite a few but never owned a FJ Cruiser until now. I wanted one because of their heritage and the purpose built lifestyle that comes with owning one. On each trip I find new ways to test it and have never been let down. I love my FJ and I am now 100% committed to the overlanding lifestyle.

I have joined this community to grow in the ways of overlanding. I am looking for advice on planned upgrades, trail tips, and meets. I look forward to the rest of this journey!

14709465_1320747611292116_4282435702416736256_n.jpg

Little One

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

U.S. Virgin Islands
Member #

Greetings from St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands, I've owned my 99' Lexus lx470 for three years and am still excited every time I get behind the wheel as she is the most competent and comfortable ride I've owned to date. Will be relocating to the mainland shortly and am looking forward to taking her out on a few trails while making mods that will fit my yet to be defined style of over landing. Super happy to be a new member of this awesome community of adventurers !!

Seauto

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hanover,Maryland
Member #

Hello everyone!
I have a 2009 nissan frontier with some minor stuff done to it.
I live in maryland and I would say I'm a novice somewhat, but I grew up outdoors and on the trails of California with my dad.

Attachments

Brazuca

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

52A Mars Street, Carlisle WA, Australia
First Name
Alexandre
Last Name
Couto Ferreira
Member #

Hi all

We had the chance to meet some of you folks at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff this spring and got really excited to join such a great group! Overlanding has been our passion for a while and it's always great to get the chance to meet other travellers.

My wife Michaela and I (Alex) have been on the road for just over a year now. We left Australia in May 2016 headed East, hoping to overland through 60+ countries on all continents for 3 to 4 years. Since we left home we've done Australia, Canada and USA by car, and some of Asia by bus, motorcycle, train, etc. We are currently in Sacramento, CA, heading South in the near future.

The plan is to spend the next year or two exploring Central and South America before heading to Europe!

We drive a 1994 2.8TD Mitsubishi Delica 4WD. Which is pretty much a Mitsubishi Montero with a van body on top. It's been fully modified to suit our needs for this trip and so far we are loving it.

I don't think we can call ourselves experienced overlanders considering we are amongst people who have traveled considerably more than us. But we've done a fair bit of traveling, overlanding and 4WDing. So we are not totally novices.

Anyway, thank you very much for letting us join you! We are very excited to meet some of you folks and hopefully learn heaps from this forum!

Cheers!

No Bananas

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Howdy from Texas! We are very new to overlanding. The kids are grown and we are ready to explore. We plan on short trips around Texas this year and take some longer trips to New Mexico and Colorado next year.

We drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and have a custom 2015 Bear TrailerSports trailer.

Misund

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Greetings, people of the internets.

I bought a (previously Swedish) '04 Toyota Hilux Dual-Cab here in Norway back in 2011, and quickly developed an interest for turning it into an offroader.
Unfortunately, Norway doesn't really allow for offroading, so I've kinda just been meandering about trying to keep the truck alive since then.
The last few years I've gotten more into car camping (in combination with landscape- and timelapse photography), which in turn recently turned me onto overlanding - I stumbled upon Overland Bound on youtube and ended up here.

I've now begun making plans for future overland-focused upgrades to the truck, which will probably be a work in progress over the next couple years or so.

IMG_0304 [1920px].jpg

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Greetings, people of the internets.

I bought a (previously Swedish) '04 Toyota Hilux Dual-Cab here in Norway back in 2011, and quickly developed an interest for turning it into an offroader.
Unfortunately, Norway doesn't really allow for offroading, so I've kinda just been meandering about trying to keep the truck alive since then.
The last few years I've gotten more into car camping (in combination with landscape- and timelapse photography), which in turn recently turned me onto overlanding - I stumbled upon Overland Bound on youtube and ended up here.

I've now begun making plans for future overland-focused upgrades to the truck, which will probably be a work in progress over the next couple years or so.

View attachment 25413
Welcome from the southwestern part of Norway! :D

OwenR4968

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glendale, AZ
Member #

Hi there!
I'm Owen, out here in Phoenix AZ
My rig is a 2001 Jeep TJ (named Teresa, shes a sweet girl)
I would definitely say novice for skill, as I only have a couple trips under my belt. I'm not 100% sure how to use this new computer, so pictures will come later, but in the very early stages of my build

flyinion

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hi all I'm new around here. Ran across this place when a small regional Jeep forum I belong to had someone post a trail report and the pictures linked back here and I couldn't see them. So here's a little about me.

Location - I"m in Sacramento, CA

Rig - 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport with a few mods over the last few years. More to come when it's finally paid off next year and I have more money available.

Overlanding Experience Background - Pretty much very novice. I had a lot of outdoors exposure as a kid growing up (camping & fishing) but fell out of it when I became a techie person as an adult. I've been slowly getting back into it though and while reading some Jeep builds one day realized overlanding sounded more like what I wanted to build towards rather than hardcore rock crawling. Now that I found you guys I'm hoping to learn and experience a lot more about it.

Finally, here's a couple pics of the rig so far. One from a trip to Cow Mountain OHV a couple weeks ago and one of my Jeep after a tire upgrade a few weeks back.

IMG_1415.JPG

tires10.JPG

Reactions: dwaggs_ and Tinker

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Hi all I'm new around here. Ran across this place when a small regional Jeep forum I belong to had someone post a trail report and the pictures linked back here and I couldn't see them. So here's a little about me.

Location - I"m in Sacramento, CA

Rig - 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport with a few mods over the last few years. More to come when it's finally paid off next year and I have more money available.

Overlanding Experience Background - Pretty much very novice. I had a lot of outdoors exposure as a kid growing up (camping & fishing) but fell out of it when I became a techie person as an adult. I've been slowly getting back into it though and while reading some Jeep builds one day realized overlanding sounded more like what I wanted to build towards rather than hardcore rock crawling. Now that I found you guys I'm hoping to learn and experience a lot more about it.

Finally, here's a couple pics of the rig so far. One from a trip to Cow Mountain OHV a couple weeks ago and one of my Jeep after a tire upgrade a few weeks back.

View attachment 25625

View attachment 25626
Welcome. The Sacramento group meets every Wednesday night at 7:30 in Natomas at Natomas Marketplace, 3511 Truxel Road, #403, Sacramento, CA 95834

OB 1466

Cisco

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque NM
Member #

IMG_2162.JPG Hello all!

Francisco (Cisco) from Albuquerque NM. Joined OB earlier this week and am very excited to start learning more about overlanding. I've been hunting and camping most of my life but want to get out and explore more. I've built a couple rigs over the last few years and used them more for rock crawling. My current rig is a 2001 jeep xj. I'm looking forward to getting out and meeting more people from this great community.