Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

JollyG

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone.

I'm JollyG. I'm just getting started in to overlanding. And as per my nature I'm going to set up a rig that seems to not be used much. I'm six foot five, so a small rig doesn't really fit me.
My actual overland experience is small. But between past military, boy scouts, backpacking, and even driving a 18 wheeler, I think it gives me a good base to build from.

I am getting into overlanding for my love of nature and travel, (and it's an easy way to get the Mrs. To come.

My rig will be a 2008 gmc yukon. I've been a backyard mechanic some I was 18. But I never do anything with out tons of research. That is how I found overland bound ... researching roof racks and preping a big out vehicle.

I know this build will be slow going but I'm holding that over the next few years till it's completely outfitted, I can find some trips in the Midwest to get my feet wet with officially. So if anyone know of anything in the area of central Illinois let me know. (A drive required to a trail is welcomed.)

Looking forward to learning from everyone's experience.

Thanks JollyG1496436420383589067367.jpg

DBro

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Rafael, CA
Member #

Hello all from San Rafael, California. I'm new to overlanding but not to camping and hiking. It will be nice not to have to carry everything on my back anymore! Currently we are using a 1994 FZJ80 with a few modifications, and I'm in the process of building a custom extended cab FJ45. Looking to make some trips through California and Nevada this summer with my wife and son before child #2 in October.

images hosting

image hosting over 5mb

TheOverlandingGoat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro, NC
Member #

Hi Everyone! Just registered and waiting for my badge and number. I have a 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon which I am outfitting now. I'm going to do all of the work myself to learn as much about my rig as possible. So far I've put an AEV 2.5 lift on, front and rear bumpers, and rock sliders. I think the roof rack and RTT are next but not entirely sure. I plan to put a kitchen setup in the back. I really look forward to becoming an active member of the Overlanding communities.

My instagram is #theoverlandinggoat

Follow my build and adventures there!

Thanks in advance for tolerating me! ;)

I'm so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan Z

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Volga SD
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Zacharias
Member #

DSC02402.JPG DSC02397.JPG DSC02495.JPG DSC02087.JPG Hi, I'm pretty new to overlanding but I've been offroading since before I had a driver's license. My wife and I are really enjoying getting into overlanding and hope to meet others in this great community. We are currently returning from a trip to the Grand Tetons and Bighorns in WY. This was my current rigs first real overland expedition and it performed great. It's a 95 XJ with 3" of lift and 235s, locked front and rear with bumpers that I built.

Last edited:

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

I currently live in Pinckney, MI, but I am relocating to Mesa, AZ with in the next 60 days and I am stoked about the great opportunities for over landing out west! I drive a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi that I am slowly transforming into a more capable rig. I'd characterize my overlanding experience as intermediate, as I have being doing to a lesser degree for decades. This is my 8th Jeep since I purchased my 1st in 1990. My wife and son also drive Grand Cherokee (my son's is a hand me down from Grandma, who also currently drives a Jeep).

I really look forward to getting to know the group and learning from your experiences.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Speed Trap

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charleston, SC
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Tyler
Member #

IMG_1546.JPG Hello from sunny Charleston, SC! I have had various 4x4 vehicles and been involved with overland based adventures for years, but life became busy and I got away from it with family responsibilities and career. However, we just purchased a 4x4 Jeep Renegade and I look forward to sharing the fun overlanding can bring with my wife and kids.

FULLRUNNEROVERLANDING

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

NJ
Member #

Hey all... my name is Westin and I'm from Bellevue Wa, my rig and DD is a 16 Runner Trail Edition. Only thing I've added are Baja roof rack amber lights in the grill and an ARB tent. Looking for ideas on a 2" lift and some tires. See y'all on the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Just replaced my stock SR5 with TRD PRO wheels and BFG KO2's. LOVE the look and ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobsCreek

Rank 0

Traveler I

Yo,
Currently in Montana, relocating to far NE Cali, have a 2015 Chevy Colorado Z71 crew cab with 6' bed. Will be redoing it for more extended travel and camping. I do wildlife photography so tend to try to find areas away for the beaten path.

Adding a ladder style rack for storage and an RTT, along with assorted other things