Rank I

Enthusiast I

Essex, UK
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tye
Hi Everyone
I'm in the UK in Essex right on the coast of Clacton.
Just bought a Jeep Liberty (Cherokee in the UK) 2.8 CRD limited, previously has a lifted 4.0l ZJ Jeep for years.
Not massively experienced, weekend trips and an epic two week trip around the UK but a massive desire to get more involved.

Have a great day :)

Attachments

Gadsdan

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

PNW
First Name
DANIEL
Last Name
ZUMINI
Member #

New to being active on the forum. Been following the non forum side of things for a while.

07 FJ Cruiser (Daily Driver)
Novice for sure, but a desire to learn and explore.

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
R
Member #

Hi, my name is Earl (and I owned that long before the TV show...)
I live in Loudoun County, VA. Long enough that I refuse to call it Northern Virginia.
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road with KDSS (soon to be modified, see below)
Little to no Overlanding experience, unless you want to count getting lost in West Texas a few times. Lots of backpacking experience years ago, but that's a young man's game.
Planning to take a few months this fall and drive around, joined here to get as much advice and knowledge as possible before I take off.

Thought I'd start with a pic from when I took delivery.
IMG_20170218_124127.jpg

NOMAD89

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

kissimmee Fl
Member #

Dan
2) kissimmee FL
3) 86 JeeP CJ7 inline 6 4.2 fuel injected
4) kind of a novice. I have been doing overland solo for a few years on a BMW motorcycle FL-ALASKA.
I have a local overland jeep w/ tc3 trailer good for small trips, But i am looking to get a better rig for longer distances.

Attachments

Last edited:

Thomas Smith

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Columbia, SC
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Thomas and I am from Columbia, SC. I am a rising senior Mechanical Engineering major at the Citadel, a military college.

I recently acquired a 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro and I am so excited to start to travel and modify (once my wallet recovers!). I am a novice and I knew the best thing I could do is surround myself with people who know way more than me, so here I am. I'm very thankful to be a part of this!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Convoy.Of.One

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Arcadia, CA
Member #

Hi! Name's Alex OB#5012

Rig: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Overlanding Experience: Since I got my rig I spent most of my time practicing rock crawling and exploring. As I continued exploring farther and farther from home I realized that the hours in the day grew shorter and shorter and I found myself longing for a means of exploring beyond the reaches of day runs. Then I found Overlanding. And now I'm transitioning my rig into a hybrid between rock crawler and overlander. Though I have some experience rock crawling, I haven't done much overlanding apart from spending the night in the wilderness. Looking forward to expanding my timeline past the mere 48 weekend trips with all of you!Profile Pic.jpg

FULLRUNNEROVERLANDING

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

NJ
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Thomas and I am from Columbia, SC. I am a rising senior Mechanical Engineering major at the Citadel, a military college.

I recently acquired a 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro and I am so excited to start to travel and modify (once my wallet recovers!). I am a novice and I knew the best thing I could do is surround myself with people who know way more than me, so here I am. I'm very thankful to be a part of this!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
What mount are you using for your bike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brett Leary

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hi All,
I am from Sydney Australia. About 2 year ago my wife (Judy) and I got into overlanding (4wding) after buying a 2011 Nissan XTrail. This consisted of mainly day trips.
DSCN0308.JPG

A year later we were doing three day camping trips and reaching the limits of where the XTrail could go.
2 years on and we have brought a 2011 Mazda BT 50 and a Black Series camper trailer.
DSCN0314.JPG

Judy and I have been bitten by the overlanding bug so hard that we have both given our employers 3 months notice that we will be retiring so we can travel around Australia.
Hope to see you on the trails.

Last edited: